Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Mid final a draw, extra time being played!

Loughmore won by a pint

Lager, cider, Ale or stout? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lager, cider, Ale or stout? :pac:

Pints on the brain since last week!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭klose

Over the weekend I watched the south intermediate semi between st marys and kilsheelan and the south senior final between mullinahone and killenaule and the difference in quality was quite noticeable (obviously) but had me wondering how many intermediate players are in the tipp senior panel? I ask only as realised seamus Kennedy lined out for st marys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Brendan Cummins never played with a senior club. Credit must go to Darren Gleeson for holding the forth ! Where will we find a replacement.

Throughout his hurling career Cummins made a record 73 championship appearances for Tipperary.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Xenophile wrote: »
    Brendan Cummins never played with a senior club. Credit must go to Darren Gleeson for holding the forth! Where will we find a replacement.

Throughout his hurling career Cummins made a record 73 championship appearances for Tipperary.
    Ballybacon have played senior hurling though. Were senior up to 2011

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Over the weekend I watched the south intermediate semi between st marys and kilsheelan and the south senior final between mullinahone and killenaule and the difference in quality was quite noticeable (obviously) but had me wondering how many intermediate players are in the tipp senior panel? I ask only as realised seamus Kennedy lined out for st marys.

None at present aside from Kennedy.
    In the past both Shane Mcgrath and Conor o'Mahony were both playing for intermediate clubs. Jason Forde's club won a Munster IHC in 2013.

With the exception of Kennedy and Dylan Fitzelle i cannot see any from this page and Fitzelle didnt get a try for Tipp. Bill Maher was also on the panel for a while. Id imagine a few Thurles Sars would have played Inter for them at some stage.

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1604243/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

None at present aside from Kennedy.
    In the past both Shane Mcgrath and Conor o'Mahony were both playing for intermediate clubs. Jason Forde's club won a Munster IHC in 2013 2012.

With the exception of Kennedy and Dylan Fitzelle i cannot see any from this page and Fitzelle didnt get a try for Tipp. Bill Maher was also on the panel for a while. Id imagine a few Thurles Sars would have played Inter for them at some stage.

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1604243/

Sorry, Gunner, I can't help correcting you :pac:

jprboy wrote: »
    Sorry, Gunner, I can't help correcting you :pac:

Apologies your absolutely right he did. He played in the all ireland club series in 2013 so thats where my error came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

My first post since the AI, had to take a wee holiday to recover :D

What can I say about last Sunday week, it was just an amazing performance from start to finish, the very fact that a player scored 13pts in an AI with 9 from play and there was actually genuine debate on who should get MOTM tells you all you need to know about the completeness of the performance.

2012 and the whole debacle can never be forgotten but by god this went a hell of as long way to erasing that memory.

Bonnar off to Syria for 6 months and will probably miss most of the league!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Bonnar off to Syria for 6 months and will probably miss most of the league!

God bless the Syrians, they don't know what they're in for :)

GerB40 wrote: »

2016 - Help breaks Kilkennys resolve
    2017 - Helps to break isis resolve

:pac:

Fair to say we would not have looked out of place in that all ireland final today and given the sub par performance of the two teams we could have perhaps won it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Fair to say we would not have looked out of place in that all ireland final today and given the sub par performance of the two teams we could have perhaps won it?

We can certainly take hope from it.

Absolutely, Mayo lacked the belief to go on and win that game, Dublin were on the ropes all game. Tipperary certainly don't lack belief and imo would have beaten Dublin on yesterday's performance.

Also with the poor quality of the final I think it guarantees tipp two all stars.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

GerB40 wrote: »

2016 - Help breaks Kilkennys resolve
    2017 - Helps to break isis resolve

:pac:
    2018 - Brings peace to the entire middle east

Kiladangan and Clonoulty won the other finals the weekend gone

Here is the upcoming fixtures for the weekend coming.
    Im hoping to get up to Tuohy for Mullinahone v Ballina on Sunday. Wonder how Mullinahone will cope with the twin towers Breen and o'brien?

“Tipperary Water” County Senior Hurling Championship
    Sunday 25 September
    Venue: Holycross, Kilruane Mac Donaghs V Carrick Swans 13:45, Ref: Fergal Horgan
    Venue: Holycross, Drom-Inch V Loughmore-Castleiney 15:30, Ref: Johnny Ryan

Venue: Templetuohy, Mullinahone V Ballina 15:00, Ref: Sean Everard
    Venue: Dolla, Borris-Ileigh V Burgess 15:00, Ref: Ciaran Timmons

County Senior Hurling Relegation
    Saturday 24 September
    Venue: Borrisoleigh, Moyne/Templetuohy V Silvermines 16:00

Sunday 25 September
    Venue: Templetuohy, Moneygall V Knockavilla Donaskeigh Kickhams 13:30

Josh Keane and Jimmy Feehan have both been nominated for Young Player of the year
    Evan Cummerford, Robbie Kiely, Peter Acheson, Michael Quinlivan and Conor Sweeney have been nominated for Football All Stars

Interesting approach to ranking the club game in the county

http://takeoffthecornerforward.com/tipperary-senior-hurling-rankings/

And how the writer shows The North Division of Senior hurling in Tipperary is larger than Senior hurling in Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Westmeath, Laois, Limerick & Offaly!

Interesting approach to ranking the club game in the county

http://takeoffthecornerforward.com/tipperary-senior-hurling-rankings/

And how the writer shows The North Division of Senior hurling in Tipperary is larger than Senior hurling in Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Westmeath, Laois, Limerick & Offaly!

One of Moneygall and Silvermines should drop if not both so hopefully it will be smaller in a couple of weeks. Meaning no disrespect to those clubs, the Senior hurling championship needs continuous restructuring

• Advertisement

One of Moneygall and Silvermines should drop if not both so hopefully it will be smaller in a couple of weeks. Meaning no disrespect to those clubs, the Senior hurling championship needs continuous restructuring
    Yeah it needs a complete change. Id drop senior to 16 or less. Id have a few divisional sides and then have a 16-20 team intermediate championship and then drop more sides to junior

Yeah it needs a complete change. Id drop senior to 16 or less. Id have a few divisional sides and then have a 16-20 team intermediate championship and then drop more sides to junior

I think Roinn 2 is becoming more or less a de-facto 'Premier Intermediate' competition either from next year onwards or the year after. However the roinn 2 clubs can still play in their divisions and if they win they are in the knockout stages of the County championship.

I think Roinn 2 is becoming more or less a de-facto 'Premier Intermediate' competition either from next year onwards or the year after. However the roinn 2 clubs can still play in their divisions and if they win they are in the knockout stages of the County championship.
    That would be fantastic as ive seen way too many ****e games purporting to be senior championship in the last 3-4 years and its doing nobody any good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

All 15 Tipp hurlers nominated for All Stars,is this a record?

tippspur wrote: »
    All 15 Tipp hurlers nominated for All Stars,is this a record?

Yup, first time ever iirc

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yup, first time ever iirc

Jeez even in the era of Kilkenny dominance did they have 15 nominees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I think it happened 20 years ago with Martin Storey's Wexford. I'm open to correction..

Jeez even in the era of Kilkenny dominance did they have 15 nominees?

Yeah! Good article on it below.
    Also imo every one of those nominations are deserved.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/all-15-of-tipperarys-all-ireland-winning-side-nominated-for-all-stars-424614.html

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

County final next Sunday 15.30 in the stadium, sars v kiladangan. Presumably on tg4.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

County final next Sunday 15.30 in the stadium, sars v kiladangan. Presumably on tg4.

They rarely show it live but id say there will be deferred coverage.

Advertisement