Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

OAOB wrote:
    Anyone here able to provide a few details about the Sean Treacy gathering on Sunday morning on Talbot St? Been meaning to go the last few times but just missed it.

11.45 talbot street.short oration by seamus leahy from clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

OAOB wrote: »
    Anyone here able to provide a few details about the Sean Treacy gathering on Sunday morning on Talbot St? Been meaning to go the last few times but just missed it.

They assemble around noon, it's a good place to get/give a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Did tipp announce the subs for Sunday?

Doesn't seem so. Cant see anything in papers or on website anyway.

Do I see Liam Kearns running the line for the Tipp intermediate Ladies team today? Serious commitment if it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just thrilled with today. Superb defending and point scoring but the work rate and intensity was absolutely unparalleled, I haven't seen a Tipp team battle like that in years.

I had a feeling going in that we would win but since it happened I'm still in a moment of disbelief! What a great day.

Well done Tipp! Congrats on a great game and a well deserved win.
    And that's coming from a "cat" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unreal, great performance from everyone in the blue and gold today, it's unbelievable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Xenophile wrote: »
    Will Stephen O'Brien get any of the two medals on offer next Sunday ?

He sure will, delighted for kennedy made the right choice, hopefully O'brien can make the break through next year, fantastic year for tipp supports either be hurling football or both....

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

Any details on homecoming at Semple... times etc?

Triboro wrote: »
    Any details on homecoming at Semple... times etc?

Stadium open at 4pm team should be arriving around 7pm

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

Stadium open at 4pm team should be arriving around 7pm

Sound, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'm getting really bored of this football/hurling decision lark.
    Fellas like Stephen o Brien and Seamus Kennedy are big enough to make their own decisions.
    There's posters here making out that they were almost banned from their favourite sportby ruthless greedy managers.

I know one lad where I am from who played football for tipp but told me he actually prefers hurling. It's pretty obvious the lads who picked one code or another did it cos it's what they prefer not at the behest of kerins or ryan.

Thought Liam Cahill gave a good piece in today's examiner. He was big enough to bring back English once the footballers went out. A few of ye could do with reading it and give up this attitude of 'Stephen o Brien etc...should've been on the football team but was prevented by mgmt'. He called it himself and if he didn't he's no business being in either panel.

digzy wrote: »
    I'm getting really bored of this football/hurling decision lark.
    Fellas like Stephen o Brien and Seamus Kennedy are big enough to make their own decisions.
    There's posters here making out that they were almost banned from their favourite sportby ruthless greedy managers.

I know one lad where I am from who played football for tipp but told me he actually prefers hurling. It's pretty obvious the lads who picked one code or another did it cos it's what they prefer not at the behest of kerins or ryan.

Thought Liam Cahill gave a good piece in today's examiner. He was big enough to bring back English once the footballers went out. A few of ye could do with reading it and give up this attitude of 'Stephen o Brien etc...should've been on the football team but was prevented by mgmt'. He called it himself and if he didn't he's no business being in either panel.

Stephen o'brien looked fairly pushed about his decision and he signing Sliabh na mban with the boys in Rody Bolands last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brilliant stuff from Tipp yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Stephen o'brien looked fairly pushed about his decision and he signing Sliabh na mban with the boys in Rody Bolands last night :D
    Was a long night in Rody Boland's,I didn't expect most of the panel to land in,good craic there but yesterday was rough :o.Have to enjoy those moments when they come around though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I see our resident tipp football supporter(which is great to have) hasn't been on for a few days to at least congratulate the hurlers, yet he has started a post about yhoty praising aussie gleeson ..... was he hoping the hurlers would fail this time I wonder .... anyhooo lads I'm only coming around today after one of the best weekends in dublin jaysus it was joy to be hold watching the blue nd gold dominate all over the field senior nd minor, met a mayo man at half time he had a cats jersey on but supporting tipp mad as a hatter he was. Hon tipp

I see our resident tipp football supporter(which is great to have) hasn't been on for a few days to at least congratulate the hurlers, yet he has started a post about yhoty praising aussie gleeson ..... was he hoping the hurlers would fail this time I wonder .... anyhooo lads I'm only coming around today after one of the best weekends in dublin jaysus it was joy to be hold watching the blue nd gold dominate all over the field senior nd minor, met a mayo man at half time he had a cats jersey on but supporting tipp mad as a hatter he was. Hon tipp

Judging by the rather duplicitous nature of the person you describe i must ask, was it Enda Kenny or Michael Ring? :pac:

And not even a pat on the back for Clonmel man and footballer seamus Kennedy;)

Is he the chap who refers to hurling and hurley ball?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is he the chap who refers to hurling and hurley ball?

tbf that's a different imbicile

South and Mid Finals this weekend. Mullinahone v Killenaule in the sportsfield, clonmel on Sunday. Loughmore v Drom in Templetouhy.

North semis - Kilruane v Burgess and Kildangan v Roscrea. Eire Og v Clonoulty in the last round robin game. Clonoulty have to win to have any chance of making the West final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

South and Mid Finals this weekend. Mullinahone v Killenaule in the sportsfield, clonmel on Sunday. Loughmore v Drom in Templetouhy.

North semis - Kilruane v Burgess and Kildangan v Roscrea. Eire Og v Clonoulty in the last round robin game. Clonoulty have to win to have any chance of making the West final.
    Any predictions?
    Mullinahone, Loughmore to win finals
    Burgess and Kildangan to win in the North

Any predictions?
    Mullinahone, Loughmore to win finals
    Burgess and Kildangan to win in the North

Mullinahone v Killenaule will be close and so will the mid final. Wonder will the county men have partied hard? Id imagine Kildangan will take beating in the North although Roscrea are putting a decent young team together it must be said. Kilruane were unlucky v Thurles last year. I dont know much about West Hurling but i would say Eire Og should win out the West. They have been very competitive

Will gleeson retire?

If he does who can replace him?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Will gleeson retire?

If he does who can replace him?

Paul Maher looked an outstanding goalkeeper but he seems to have gone outfield for the club. I suppose Daragh Mooney or young Hogan are the other names on the list

Lots of divisional finals on today...
    North Semi Final. Kilruane 3 goals to one point up against Burgess after about 10 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mullinahone v Killenaule will be close and so will the mid final. Wonder will the county men have partied hard? Id imagine Kildangan will take beating in the North although Roscrea are putting a decent young team together it must be said. Kilruane were unlucky v Thurles last year. I dont know much about West Hurling but i would say Eire Og should win out the West. They have been very competitive

That it was, eoin kelly hit the winning score from a free well into injury time for mullinahone. Meant the world to him at the final whistle too, good game so it was.

North Semis Kilruane 3-12 Burgess 1-14. Kildangan 2-25 Roscrea 1-10
    North Final next Sun in Cloughjordan

South Tipperary SHC Final Mullinahone 2-15 Killenaule 1-17.

West Tipp SHC

Eire Og: 0-14 Clonoulty/R: 0-23

klose wrote: »
    That it was, eoin kelly hit the winning score from a free well into injury time for mullinahone. Meant the workd to him at the final whistle too, good game so it was.

Bubbles any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mid final a draw, extra time being played!

Loughmore won by a pint

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bubbles any good?

So-so, was up full forward and didnt see a whole ton of ball. Took his frees well bar two sitters which was odd. Was flooded by kids at full time looking for autographs and was signing em away when i was leaving still fair play to him.

Advertisement