Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Christ those emails just keep getting angrier and angrier!

NOTE:

1. ADULTS WILL NOT BE PERMITEED ENTRY USING A JUVENILE SEASON TICKET AND
    2. ONLY ONE SEASON TICKET PER CUSTOMER WILL BE SCANNED AT THE TURNSTILE(S).
    3. TRANSFERRING OF SEASON TICKETS AT MATCH DAY VENUES IS STRICTLY PROHIBTED

ANY ABUSE OF THE SEASON TICKET SYSTEM WILL LEAD TO CONFISCATION OF CARDS ON THE DAY.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

HanaleiJ5N wrote: »
    Christ those emails just keep getting angrier and angrier!

NOTE:

1. ADULTS WILL NOT BE PERMITEED ENTRY USING A JUVENILE SEASON TICKET AND
    2. ONLY ONE SEASON TICKET PER CUSTOMER WILL BE SCANNED AT THE TURNSTILE(S).
    3. TRANSFERRING OF SEASON TICKETS AT MATCH DAY VENUES IS STRICTLY PROHIBTED

ANY ABUSE OF THE SEASON TICKET SYSTEM WILL LEAD TO CONFISCATION OF CARDS ON THE DAY.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

And won't update attendance. WE can't even trust their scanners now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

yop wrote: »
    And won't update attendance. WE can't even trust their scanners now.

I'm telling ye, twill be a Mayo v Dublin final. They'll be loosing control over 10,000 tickets because of the season tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

London GAA ticketing arrangments

This year for the first time, the fixture will be all-ticket, and tickets have now just gone on sale. Only adult tickets are available online, and according to London GAA tickets for adults, OAPs and students will be available at Ruislip on the day.

http://mayoclub51.com/tickets-london-gaa-vs-mayo-gaa-sale-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LilNiall

Have this weeks attendances been updated?

Emailed on Monday and got a reply Tuesday to say it can take up to 3/4 days. Still nothing. Unfortunately sat through that match in Castleblaney on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

LilNiall wrote: »
    Have this weeks attendances been updated

Updated for the Mayo v Down game

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Attendance not updated from the weekend - Donegal vs. Monaghan. Has anyone had theirs updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Updated for the kerry v cork match this afternoon. But I did email them this morning so that may or may not have a bearing.

Good tickets for Sunday in CP. Section 306 lower cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

307PP... I won't get wet. That's the priority. Mved but no BaF which is weird this time.

Free tickets are out for season ticket holders for the league finals. Div 3&4 finals on Saturday just bring your season ticket card. For Sunday you have to book your tickets, deadline in this Wednesday 13th.

http://mayoclub51.com/croke-park-seating-plan/

• Advertisement

Cf9UwziXIAALOPw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

what actually is the problem ?
    are cards printed with wonky bar codes or are the scanners defective or do the scanners need a full time data connection to base (which at a large event cannot be guaranteed with 3g networks), or is it that they have auld lads working the equipment who havent a clue about technology ?

At this stage after 6years 8 years (according to that fine bunch of cards) of the scheme surely the technology should be working.

Cf9UwziXIAALOPw.jpg

Here's the podcast from this mornings show. There were 3 sections so we've edited them and joind the 3 clips together.

https://soundcloud.com/mayo-club-51/mayo-club-51-on-midwest-radio-about-season-ticket-scanning-issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Anyone who shells out for a season ticket or a county pass should not have to be ringing or emailing anyone because they are being fked over.

They seem to forget who turns up in Parnell Park or Castlebar or Ballybofey or wherever before the sunshine people come out.

Latest update regarding the problems with season tickets attendance not being updated. There will be a follow up next week on MidWest radio, we'll let you know details when we hear back from them.

http://mayoclub51.com/quick-update-croke-park-season-ticket-scanning-attendance-problems/

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

First game for Dublin in croke park this year one of our two tickets apparently didn't register correctly going through the turnstiles, so one attended the other didn't. We could provide proof in pictures, the exact time we went through turnstiles etc and they refused to update attendance 'as no reports of any issues'

They know that it happens often enough that tickets don't register for some reason, but gate opens and you go through and have no way of knowing and having absolute proof you attended is ignored. Very unsatisfactory and stunning that they think they can just ignore system problems and brazen it out with no protection for fans. Basically they can just say you didn't attend and then stick to that.

Good to see it being pursued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Was there any particular reason for the shortened deadline for printing off of Croke Park tickets for the league finals? For every match in Croker so far this year we've been given until the Friday before the game takes place. This time it was a week and a half before the game.
    It's my own fault for not seeing the email in time. Just assumed I'd have more time to print it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I only printed mine on Sunday?

Was there any particular reason for the shortened deadline for printing off of Croke Park tickets for the league finals? For every match in Croker so far this year we've been given until the Friday before the game takes place. This time it was a week and a half before the game.
    It's my own fault for not seeing the email in time. Just assumed I'd have more time to print it.

with so many Dublin season ticket holders they probably wanted to know how many were coming in order to get some closure on the number of season ticket holders attending to guage whether the upper tiers would need to be opened.

At this stage theres talk the attendance may be a full house and beating the 81k for the Dublin Tyrone league opener a few years back, so also understandable that they cant be holding thousands of prime Cusack tickets for people who cant make up their minds to go or not.

And I suppose the fact that theres a show on too may encourage some neutral season ticket holders from outside the participating counties to attend and that'd be a massive amount of seating to be keeping free, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

copacetic wrote: »
    I only printed mine on Sunday?
    Add your reply here.
    How did you do that - I was a bit annoyed to see that I can't print out a ticket as I missed the deadline. I emailed the GAA got the response that it was due to the high demand but I still think the cut off was far too early - long before I had planned to go to the games as a neutral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Presume you are from a county which is not in the finals, therefore taking advantage of the benefit of being able to go to the final, and indeed being able to go to Croker whenever Dublin have been playing there (as you can attend all other games for free).

I presume they wanted to be able to sell tickets to the general public and wanted to know in advance what non participating season tickets would take up the offer.

It's a game in demand and I'm sure they didn't want to be be left with lots of empty seats reserved for season ticket holders who never took up the office (presumption is attendance around 70k, with block A of the hill closed off that'll be pretty full rest of the stadium)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

with so many Dublin season ticket holders they probably wanted to know how many were coming in order to get some closure on the number of season ticket holders attending to guage whether the upper tiers would need to be opened.

At this stage theres talk the attendance may be a full house and beating the 81k for the Dublin Tyrone league opener a few years back, so also understandable that they cant be holding thousands of prime Cusack tickets for people who cant make up their minds to go or not.

And I suppose the fact that theres a show on too may encourage some neutral season ticket holders from outside the participating counties to attend and that'd be a massive amount of seating to be keeping free, just in case.

I get your point.

Not sure you are right about season ticket holders from other counties being entitled to claim tickets? Genuinely don't know.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I get your point.

Not sure you are right about season ticket holders from other counties being entitled to claim tickets? Genuinely don't know.
    it is
    check the terms and conditions
    The standard GAA Season Ticket (adult version) base price €99, [Club+version €200] entitling the holder access to:
    a. All Allianz GAA National League 2016 round matches in designated
    code

b. Opening match of GAA Senior Provincial Championship for the selected
    county
    c. GAA All-Ireland Club Finals in Croke Park
    http://www.gaa.ie/mm/Document/GaaIe/Tickets/12/19/01/GAASeasonTicket2016_TermsConditions_English.pdf

point (a) is that you can attend all games, so implicitly meaning of all counties, in that code which obviously includes the final.
    There was a more user friendly explanation of that rule in previous years but I cant find it now.

Its a forgotten point, but its about the only thing that makes the season ticket worth getting if youre outside of a very small number of counties that would be likely to get to an All Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Does anyone know if there is a waiting list for season tickets? If so how do you apply?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What county/code?

For most you just buy them when they become available, after the end of the season usually (for the following season).

For some like Dublin and Mayo in football there is a waiting list I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Dublin.
    I got one for myself a few years back, but my auld lad is looking for one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Does anyone know if there is a waiting list for season tickets? If so how do you apply?

Email them & ask to be put on the waiting list. The list is closed for this year, as the Dublin season tickets are all sold out. But if any become available at the end of the year (due to people not renewing them) you'll get an email letting you know when they go on sale. It's usually the following day. From then on, when the online portal goes live, it's first come, first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PremierSky

Mayo Club 51 - Any update on how these season ticket holders got on?

We are having the same issue (2nd time this year) that our attendance was not updated and not receiving positive feedback from the season ticket office.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Apologies if this has been asked already, but I'm just wondering are the first rounds of the Championship counting towards the overall attendance in getting an-Ireland ticket later in the year.
    I know the league attendance counts, but does the early rounds of the championship count? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Officer999 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but I'm just wondering are the first rounds of the Championship counting towards the overall attendance in getting an-Ireland ticket later in the year.
    I know the league attendance counts, but does the early rounds of the championship count? Thanks

Yep, all league and championships games are counted for attendance.

Advertisement