Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are the club finals not General Admission....in that you sit where ever you want. There are no assigned seats on tickets. Coulda sworn that was the case last year, but maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not sure, haven't been in a few years but it was assigned seating the last time I was there.

Fair enough so. Maybe I'm mixing it up with the Aussie Rules, or something else like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Are the club finals not General Admission....in that you sit where ever you want. There are no assigned seats on tickets. Coulda sworn that was the case last year, but maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.
    No they are always assigned seating but that's not to say you can move around as it will be half empty.
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    Fair enough so. Maybe I'm mixing it up with the Aussie Rules, or something else like that.
    The Aussie Rules is assigned seating too!

Well, gosh darn it. What was it then? I distinctly remember buying a ticket that was General Admission. I was kicking myself that I didn't get there earlier, coz I could have nabbed a great seat right on the half way line, if I did. Maybe it was the Eucharistic Congress. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Junior/Intermediate finals maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Anyone here who's season ticket attendance not updated for Mayo v Dublin match?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Anyone here who's season ticket attendance not updated for Mayo v Dublin match?

My lot scanned okay, however one of the lads on a group I'm on sent an email to the GAA Season Ticket Office as his Attendance has not registered, this is the reply he received.......
    Hi XXXXXX,

Thank you for your reply,

We can only use two means of attendance verification, namely, the scanners and/or the season ticket holder lists.

Unfortunately, we can not update attendance with photographs.

The system works in the following manner:

One person enters the self scan stile and presents one card under the scanner.

If the card is valid and scans successfully the person is advised to then pass through the stile.

Upon exiting the stile a beam is broken thus validating the scan, recording the barcode and re-setting the scanner for the next person to repeat the same process.

There is a 40 second time limit from the time that the scanner reads a successful scan and when the beam at the exit of the stile must be broken.

Any attempted scanning of multiple cards by one person or any delay causing the 40 second time limit to lapse will affect the recording of a season ticket.

Each season ticket holder must scan their card in this manner and pass through the stiles once a successful scan is displayed on the scanning device.

As stated, the system worked normally and correctly on the night and I'm afraid that we cannot manually amend any attendance records for the fixture in question in light of this.

If you feel that there may be an issue with tickets scanning going forward, you can give your details to the steward at the season ticket stile who has a list of all season ticket holders.

He/She will mark the attendance and this will then be updated during the week following the game.

I apologies I can not be of assistance to your request.

Kind regards,
    Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

That's a great suggestion from Frank, but you wouldn't know that your ticket wasn't scanned until days after. At which time they apparently will not correct their mistake.
    So now every season ticket holder is going to have to queue up to go to the steward at the season ticket stile and have their name checked off, and then go through the scanner.

Also I regularly get stuck in turnstiles for more than 40 seconds(literally the only downside to sporting a fashionable man-bag)

Well *Frank* I'll correct you on how the self scanners worked in Castlebar the last match. My niece was in front of me. Young lad at the stile opened it *before* she scanned her card. It was however updated but many others were not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Donegal v Mayo match attendance from yesterday updated super quick this week. Updated before noon this morning! Make sure to check your's is updated.

Dublin v Monaghan attendance is also updated.

celticbest wrote: »
    Dublin v Monaghan attendance is also updated.

I've noticed when in Croke Park, s soon as you go through the stiles your attendance is updated. If playing at home it can take 4 or 5 days sometimes, must be the state of the *broadband*

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I've noticed when in Croke Park, s soon as you go through the stiles your attendance is updated. If playing at home it can take 4 or 5 days sometimes, must be the state of the *broadband*

I've seen it take a few days to update after a game in Croker, I think they got the finger out because of the amount of complaints they received re. attendances not updating after the Mayo v Dublin game....

celticbest wrote: »
    I've seen it take a few days to update after a game in Croker, I think they got the finger out because of the amount of complaints they received re. attendances not updating after the Mayo v Dublin game....

I know the last time we played Dublin in Croke park, not sure if it was 1st match or replay last August, I checked my attendance as soon as I went through the stile and it was updated! (I'm nearly sure it was then, but could be wrong the way months and years are flying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I see there was a grumpy e-mail sent out from the ticket office today about giving spare season tickets to people to use outside the ground. This has been going on for years but they only seem to have just realised. Of course it's almost impossible to police so as long as your not shouting your mouth off about it at the turnstiles you should be fine.

I see there was a grumpy e-mail sent out from the ticket office today about giving spare season tickets to people to use outside the ground. This has been going on for years but they only seem to have just realised. Of course it's almost impossible to police so as long as your not shouting your mouth off about it at the turnstiles you should be fine.

It'd be more in their line to sort out season ticket holders attendance not been updated correctly!

This was the mail we recieved this morning. We're still waiting for them to respond RE our mail regarding season ticket scanning issues at the Mayo v Dublin match in MacHale Park.

CcoVqhoWwAA4t_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

They previously issued a directive stating that season ticket holders could not scan any more than one ticket at the turnstiles. This forced holders to get other match goers to scan the ticket for them. In forcing this directive it meant that match goers who would have otherwise paid to gain entry were now been offered a free ticket. As a result, a loss to the GAA. The solution is to scan the damn tickets in the first place. We've already paid for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭howiya

I don't understand why people would buy more season tickets than they need. I get that someone might not make every match. Things come up etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

howiya wrote: »
    I don't understand why people would buy more season tickets than they need. I get that someone might not make every match. Things come up etc

They dont. As you said, if someone can't make the match they ask their friend to scan their ticket. We've already paid for the ticket, so nothing wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭howiya

yop wrote: »
    They dont. As you said, if someone can't make the match they ask their friend to scan their ticket. We've already paid for the ticket, so nothing wrong there.

But the idea of the season ticket is to reward loyalty with an All-Ireland ticket if the county makes it. Why get the ticket scanned and pretend you were there if you weren't?

The quota is 60% attendance. If a person can't make a game then it won't affect their good standing. If they're missing loads of games then it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just putting this out there in advance. If anyone cant make the club finals on Paddys day it would be greatly appreciated if you could send your tickets onto me if you wont be making use of them. I was planing to bring my father whom is a Limerick man and hasn't been at Croker in years and will be cheering on Na Piarsaigh so looking for 2 if any are available

billyhead wrote: »
    Just putting this out there in advance. If anyone cant make the club finals on Paddys day it would be greatly appreciated if you could send your tickets onto me if you wont be making use of them. I was planing to bring my father whom is a Limerick man and hasn't been at Croker in years and will be cheering on Na Piarsaigh so looking for 2 if any are available

There will be loads available, a lot of season ticket holders might not realize that they are entitled to them!

Interesting about the 40 seconds at the stile and the *beam*. This could be what was causing all the season tickets not being recorded correctly at the Mayo v Dublin match?
    Allianz Leagues GAA Football 2016 Round 5 Mayo v Kerry - SELF SCANNING SYSTEM
    ST Account:
    A Chara,
    Round 5 of the 2016 Allianz Football Leagues take place this weekend.
    The self-scanning automated scanning system will again be in place at turnstiles 1-8 at Elverys McHale Park this Saturday for Mayo v Kerry. This system will give you the Season Ticket holder greater control over scanning your season ticket and therefore the tracking of your attendance for all relevant fixtures at Elverys McHale Park. In order for entry to the stadium to operate smoothly on Sunday please note the following:
    • Please arrive early. Due to the Mayo v Wicklow Allianz Hurling League fixture taking place at 12:45 Season Ticket turnstiles (1-8) will be open earlier than normal at 12 noon.
    • Please have your season card ready when approaching the turnstiles
    • Please cooperate with the stewards at the Season Ticket turnstiles
    PLEASE SEE BELOW IMAGES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE SCANNING SYSTEM AND NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING STEPS WHICH SHOULD BE FOLLOWED:
    • One person enters the self scan stile and presents one card under the scanner.
    • If the card is valid and scans successfully the person is advised to then pass through the stile by the scanning device.
    • Upon exiting the stile a beam is broken thus validating the scan, recording the barcode and re-setting the scanner for the next person to repeat the same process.
    • There is a 40 second time limit from the time that the scanner reads a successful scan and when the beam at the exit of the stile must be broken.
    • Any attempted scanning of multiple cards by one person or any delay causing the 40 second time limit to lapse will affect the recording of a season ticket.
    • Each season ticket holder must scan their own card in this manner and pass through the stiles once a successful scan is displayed on the scanning device.
    ADULTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ENTRY USING A JUVENILE SEASON TICKET
    ONLY ONE SEASON TICKET PER CUSTOMER WILL BE SCANNED AT THE TURNSTILE(S).
    THE TRANSFERRING OF A GAA SEASON TICKET AT MATCH DAY VENUES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
    ANY ABUSE OF THE SEASON TICKET SYSTEM WILL LEAD TO CONFISCATION OF CARDS ON THE DAY.
    Your 2016 GAA Season Ticket also covers entry to all Allianz League matches in your selected code.
    Please note that the Donegal v Roscommon fixture scheduled for Letterkenny this Sunday is now an all ticket event. Due to limted capacity at this venue only 2016 Donegal and Roscommon Season Tickets will be valid.
    Le meas,
    GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Hi folks,

Anybody not using their season ticket for the club finals want to donate them to a Ballyboden man?

I'd like to bring the family in with me and have them sitting close by in Section 309.

If your feeling generous please send by PM :) (tickets are free for season ticket holders and are available in special purchases)

I don't think it counts for attendance :(

Cheers

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

Likewise. If anyone has 2 spares club final tickets (even one) that they don't need I was going to take my Dad who is from Limerick city to the games to watch Na Piarsaigh, please message me if you want to pass the ticket/s on.Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Attendance updated from McHale Park.
    Was a little concerned as I arrived early for the hurling, and was hand scanned as the ST stiles weren't open at that stage.
    No issue though, recorded correctly and updated.

Also got a lovely halfway line seat - just a pity about the results of both games.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mine is still wrong for the Dublin game, I emailed them there about it.

• Advertisement

Wont update it. Has to be within 10 days.

Advertisement