Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I'm finally showing as attended McHale Park on Saturday :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got the season ticket email today, one of the items in the mail says:

TRANSFERRING OF A GAA SEASON TICKET AT MATCH DAY VENUES IS STRICTLY PROHIBTED

Does anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I'm finally showing as attended McHale Park on Saturday :-)

Mine aswell as of about 3:30

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Attendances for the Mayo v Dublin match on Saturday night have now been updated. Make sure to check your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

adrian522 wrote: »

Going in and passing ticket back out maybe ?
    Actually that would not work

• Advertisement

From reading what you posted I would make it out to be about lads who stand outside the ground with 5 of their mates tickets and ask people to go in on them.

What mail is that adrian522 ? This is the mail that I got, says nothing like that.
    AIB GAA All Ireland Senior Club Championship Semi-Finals - ST Account: *******
    A Chara,
    We have had a number of queries from GAA Season Ticket holders regarding this weekend's club championship semi-finals at O'Moore Park, Portlaoise and Kingspan Breffni Park, Cavan.
    PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE FIXTURES ARE NOT COVERED AS PART OF YOUR GAA SEASON TICKET AND YOUR SEASON TICKET CARD WILL NOT GAIN YOU ADMISSION ON THE DAY AT EITHER VENUE.
    The All-Ireland Club Finals on St Patrick's Day are included as part of the GAA Season Ticket and you will be contacted in advance of those fixtures with full details.
    Le meas,
    GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I assume its meant to mean you're not supposed to give your ticket to someone else if you can't make a match.

Never had such an issue with my Connacht Rugby season ticket, often give it to a sibling if I can't make a game.
    As I'm only on my first GAA season ticket, I haven't attempted it yet.

I reckon it would be impossible to police - can you imagine them id'ing everyone and verifying versus the name on the ST?
    The queues would go on forever to get into any Mayo or Dublin game, or anyone else with a large ST following.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The entire mail is below. I'm assuming that it means you can't give the card to some stranger outside the venue to get it scanned.

I'm hoping it doesn't mean that you can no longer give the card to friends/family to go if you are unable to go.
    A Chara,

The 2016 Allianz Hurling Leagues commence this weekend.

To attend your County's fixture this weekend you simply need to attend the venue and present your season ticket card for scanning at the designated turnstile(s). You can also attend any of this weekend's Allianz GAA Hurling League games using your GAA Season Ticket card.

A full list of this weekends fixtures are available HERE

Please note that the remainder of the GAA Season Tickets will be posted in the coming days.

Should you not receive your season ticket card(s) prior to this weekend's fixture you will still be able to attend as each venue will have an up to date list of 2016 Season Ticket holders at the designated Season Ticket Turnstile(s). Simply print off a copy of your confirmation email which you received at the time of purchase and bring this with you on the day.

In order to have your attendance recorded you must enter via the Season Ticket Turnstile(s) and have your card scanned or be manually recorded on the Season Ticket holder list.

PLEASE NOTE:

ADULTS WILL NOT BE PERMITEED ENTRY USING A JUVENILE SEASON TICKET
    ONLY ONE SEASON TICKET PER CUSTOMER WILL BE SCANNED AT THE TURNSTILE(S).
    ANY ABUSE OF THE SEASON TICKET SYSTEM WILL LEAD TO CONFISCATION OF CARDS ON THE DAY.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

The entire mail is below. I'm assuming that it means you can't give the card to some stranger outside the venue to get it scanned.

I'm hoping it doesn't mean that you can no longer give the card to friends/family to go if you are unable to go.

I would assume it means not to go around shouting looking for lads to use it !
    Friends and family are ok as part of the t and c as far lad I remember
    Unless that has been changed too.......

• Advertisement

I emailed them about it, interestingly, if you try to look at the terms and conditions the page returns an error!

I emailed them about it, interestingly, if you try to look at the terms and conditions the page returns an error!

T&C's are here for 2016

http://www.gaa.ie/news/terms-conditions/

Interesting:
    GAA reserves the right to request identification to confirm the identity of the
    Season Ticket Holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I assume its meant to mean you're not supposed to give your ticket to someone else if you can't make a match.

Never had such an issue with my Connacht Rugby season ticket, often give it to a sibling if I can't make a game.
    As I'm only on my first GAA season ticket, I haven't attempted it yet.

I reckon it would be impossible to police - can you imagine them id'ing everyone and verifying versus the name on the ST?
    The queues would go on forever to get into any Mayo or Dublin game, or anyone else with a large ST following.

Connaught Rugby season ticket holders do not need a 60% attendance record at games, to guarantee them a ticket to the final of the Heineken Cup, if their team makes it that far. GAA season ticket holders do need that record of attending games to guarantee a ticket to the All Ireland final....hence people giving their ST cards to their mates to get it scanned on match days, if they aren't going to the game themselves. They are keeping their attendance record up, under false pretences.That is what the GAA are cracking down on. It's not an issue for Connacht Rugby.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Connaught Rugby season ticket holders do not need a 60% attendance record at games, to guarantee them a ticket to the final of the Heineken Cup, if their team makes it that far. GAA season ticket holders do need that record of attending games to guarantee a ticket to the All Ireland final....hence people giving their ST cards to their mates to get it scanned on match days, if they aren't going to the game themselves. They are keeping their attendance record up, under false pretences.That is what the GAA are cracking down on. It's not an issue for Connacht Rugby.

It was a never an issue before, there was no problem giving tickets to friends or family, it was even in the FAQ's that this was ok.

They seem to have changed this by making a change to terms and conditions without notifying people.

Not sure it will change much, they won't be asking for ID but still a change from how it used to work.

Response from Season Ticket People:
    We've had examples of season ticket holders approaching random members of the public in order to get them to use a season ticket card of a person who is not at the game.

Season ticket holders can pass on a card to a friend or relative if they are unable to attend a game but this cannot be done at or around an stadium on match day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

You could just get scanned, leave the grounds (it's not jail) and get rescanned with your friend's card on the way back in.
    Alternatively leave the season tickets to those who will actually attend most of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

We were directed to the turnstiles to the right of the ST turnstiles (10-12?) by a steward as such a big crowd and que was gathering. I told him I didnt want to as the season ticket would not update, he said it would as there was a heavy crowd issue. Was bullin' when i went through then as i know he was fobbin' me off but sure enough my attendance is down for the game. I wonder was it a blanket or was the scanner info sent to HQ...

BKWDR wrote: »
    We were directed to the turnstiles to the right of the ST turnstiles (10-12?) by a steward as such a big crowd and que was gathering. I told him I didnt want to as the season ticket would not update, he said it would as there was a heavy crowd issue. Was bullin' when i went through then as i know he was fobbin' me off but sure enough my attendance is down for the game. I wonder was it a blanket or was the scanner info sent to HQ...
    Good luck trying to get that updated
    I'm one person down for cork game
    They refused to update it as there was no issues with scanners
    And there was no issues with scanners the last night either so........good luck !
    The "it will be grand " attitude from the people scanning on match day is annoying . It won't be grand if ya miss out on an AI ticket due to their laxness !
    And yes i know they are volunteers !

km79 wrote: »
    Good luck trying to get that updated
    I'm one person down for cork game
    They refused to update it as there was no issues with scanners
    And there was no issues with scanners the last night either so........good luck !
    The "it will be grand " attitude from the people scanning on match day is annoying . It won't be grand if ya miss out on an AI ticket due to their laxness !
    And yes i know they are volunteers !

Sorry i mustn't have been clear, i'm down as attending. It updated! I wonder was it a blanket update as the crowds were moved to other turnstiles

edit: To also confirm, i did attend mchale park!

• Advertisement

Sorry i mustn't have been clear, i'm down as attending. It updated! I wonder was it a blanket update as the crowds were moved to other turnstiles

edit: To also confirm, i did attend mchale park!

so what you are saying is your ticket was not scanned but was updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

Response from Season Ticket People:
    We've had examples of season ticket holders approaching random members of the public in order to get them to use a season ticket card of a person who is not at the game.

Season ticket holders can pass on a card to a friend or relative if they are unable to attend a game but this cannot be done at or around an stadium on match day.

This is fair enough actually. Giving it to random strangers is kind of taking the piss, especially if done in sight of stewards, really shouldn't be that difficult to find someone known to the ST holder to use it on match day.

km79 wrote: »
    so what you are saying is your ticket was not scanned but was updated?

Was scanned but not at stiles 1-8

Was scanned but not at stiles 1-8

Oh right thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Seems to be lots of season ticket holders (Mayo that I've been hearing about) that have not been recorded at the Mayo v Dublin match. Croke Park refusing to update them.

Looks like there's gonna be another battle like http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Seems to be lots of season ticket holders (Mayo that I've been hearing about) that have not been recorded at the Mayo v Dublin match. Croke Park refusing to update them.

Looks like there's gonna be another battle like http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/

flat out refused to update my sons one for the cork game

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

Does anyone know how you avail of a ticket for the All Ireland Club Final on Paddys day and where in Croker are the tickets for?

Chipbutty wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you avail of a ticket for the All Ireland Club Final on Paddys day and where in Croker are the tickets for?

I'm sure they will be on sale on the day from both ticket offices, on Dorset St and the North Circular Rd. If you know of anyone with a season ticket (football) that are not using it, ask them to book the ticket for the match on it. They are free for season ticket holders, but you need to book them and print them out (or email them to someone to use).

Chipbutty wrote: »

As mayo mick said, there are plenty floating around. Who are you supporting ?? :P:P:P

• Advertisement

I'm sure they will be on sale on the day from both ticket offices, on Dorset St and the North Circular Rd. If you know of anyone with a season ticket (football) that are not using it, ask them to book the ticket for the match on it. They are free for season ticket holders, but you need to book them and print them out (or email them to someone to use).

It's not just football season tickets by the way.

Not sure what section they put you in, I'd say its pretty decent seats though as that game wouldn't be close to selling out.

Advertisement