Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

No this time around, but it happened to me a few years ago.
    I emailed them and they corrected it no questions asked.

An awful lot more difficult to get corrected if your attendance is not recorded. They only update mistakes if the match venue report a problem with scanners or scanning. We used take photos or video of them scanning as proof last. They also should have a printed list of season ticket holders to mark off manually if there are problems. Under t&c's its up to card holder to ensure cards are scanned correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yeah ive emailled them anyway but they were sticky enough last year when it happened to the other 2 people that go with us!
    All 4 of us went to the Hyde and through same turnstile. Ours showed up theirs did not. They were the best part of a week emailling/calling before they acknowledged there was an error on the GAA side!

yeah ive emailled them anyway but they were sticky enough last year when it happened to the other 2 people that go with us!
    All 4 of us went to the Hyde and through same turnstile. Ours showed up theirs did not. They were the best part of a week emailling/calling before they acknowledged there was an error on the GAA side!

km79 wrote: »

Yeah, same happened to our group in the Hyde last year. Mate was in first, his card wasn't recorded, my 2 bucks and meself behind him were all scanned OK. Only reason those not recorded were updated was because Hyde park said that they had a problem with a scanner, eventually. If they hadn't, they would not have been updated. Its wrong, but I can see why they are doing it.

I know of one person, numerous times in previous years used have 20/25 tickets and got them all scanned, holding up the Q too! Its the like of that that's caused the clampdown on the styles. Its only right but annoying when your're in the right and Croke park refuse to update mistakes. The automatic scanners they had in MacHale was it last year were a good idea, if your card was not scanned correctly you could not get in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9YpoXTa9E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Has happened to me on numerous occasions over the years, a quick email has always resolved it.

As mayo.mick says always take a pic. I usually take a selfie in the ground & a pic of the scoreboard.

• Advertisement

celticbest wrote: »
    Has happened to me on numerous occasions over the years, a quick email has always resolved it.

As mayo.mick says always take a pic. I usually take a selfie in the ground & a pic of the scoreboard.

That used to suffice up to last year, and they were pretty helpful up till then too. If your card is not scanned correctly, and the match venue does not report any problems with scanners, wait then and see the response from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 A Shopkeeper

mayo.mick you can email seasonticket AT gaa.ie

not allowed to post email links. I'm too new. (Signed up 2011) !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Does it make any difference if they don't record attendance when you have the club plus? Aren't you entitled to an all Ireland ticket either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

christy c wrote: »
    Does it make any difference if they don't record attendance when you have the club plus? Aren't you entitled to an all Ireland ticket either way?

Makes no difference. Just as long as your county gets to the all ireland final.

mayo.mick you can email seasonticket AT gaa.ie

not allowed to post email links. I'm too new. (Signed up 2011) !

You can email them all you like, if the match venue don't report a problem with scanners on the day, and your card is not recorded, they WILL NOT update it! Trust me, we had many a battle with them, the last year has been the worst. It has been well documented ;)

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »

Yes. When they brought out the club + 2 or 3 years ago your attendance was not or did not need to be recorded (60% attendance to qualify for All Ireland ticket) Last year though they changed it to the same as Croke Park ticket, attendance had to be recorded. There was a bit of uproar over it. This year though they have changed it back, attendance does not need to be recorded on club + cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Yeah, same happened to our group in the Hyde last year. Mate was in first, his card wasn't recorded, my 2 bucks and meself behind him were all scanned OK. Only reason those not recorded were updated was because Hyde park said that they had a problem with a scanner, eventually. If they hadn't, they would not have been updated. Its wrong, but I can see why they are doing it.

I know of one person, numerous times in previous years used have 20/25 tickets and got them all scanned, holding up the Q too! Its the like of that that's caused the clampdown on the styles. Its only right but annoying when your're in the right and Croke park refuse to update mistakes. The automatic scanners they had in MacHale was it last year were a good idea, if your card was not scanned correctly you could not get in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9YpoXTa9E

Email to season ticket holders today confirming that the "Self Scanners" in the video will be in opperation on Saturday evening.

new-season-ticket-scanner.jpg

http://mayoclub51.com/new-season-ticket-self-scanning/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quick question.

Can I use any season ticket to go to any game in the same code.?

e.g. Can I use a Kerry season ticket at the Mayo v Dublin game Saturday night

It's probably a no but I'll ask anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You could last year.

Quick question.

Can I use any season ticket to go to any game in the same code.?

e.g. Can I use a Kerry season ticket at the Mayo v Dublin game Saturday night

It's probably a no but I'll ask anyway

You can indeed, though you will need to give your card to the person. That's the beauty with Croke Park, you can download your tickets after booking them and email to whoever. I sent on my 3 last week to a fella in Dublin.

You can indeed, though you will need to give your card to the person. That's the beauty with Croke Park, you can download your tickets after booking them and email to whoever. I sent on my 3 last week to a fella in Dublin.

Well thanks for that

I'll bring the Kerry ticket along with me on Saturday night.

Well thanks for that

I'll bring the Kerry ticket along with me on Saturday night.

Have a read of the T&C's here, http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/GAA-Season-Ticket-2016-TC.pdf

Some stewards may not know this though. I'm not sure how a Kerry ticket will work for the Mayo v Dublin match (is that the one your're going to?)

Have a read of the T&C's here, http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/GAA-Season-Ticket-2016-TC.pdf

Some stewards may not know this though. I'm not sure how a Kerry ticket will work for the Mayo v Dublin match (is that the one your're going to?)

Actually the T&C's are a bit confusing, they say that ID may be asked at the stile. This contradicts what it says on the season tickets site (which is gone down now) which says that season tickets are transferable but cannot be sold or raffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi - I'm a bit confused here about being able to use my Fermanagh Season ticket to go to other games. One of the posters mentioned printing the tickets or emailing them to go to a Dublin match on Saturday night. I am logged into my account and don't see the option to print tickets. The My Tickets section has just details of the Fermanagh v Meath game. Special Purchases section doesn't have anything either.

Thanks

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi - I'm a bit confused here about being able to use my Fermanagh Season ticket to go to other games. One of the posters mentioned printing the tickets or emailing them to go to a Dublin match on Saturday night. I am logged into my account and don't see the option to print tickets. The My Tickets section has just details of the Fermanagh v Meath game. Special Purchases section doesn't have anything either.

Thanks

You will only have to print tickets if the match is in Croke park, otherwise all you need is your card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Thanks - am I right then in thinking that if there was a Dublin home match this weekend then the My Tickets section of the website would have a ticket for me to print - it doesn't at the minute although the Dubs are away this weekend

That used to suffice up to last year, and they were pretty helpful up till then too. If your card is not scanned correctly, and the match venue does not report any problems with scanners, wait then and see the response from them!

Yes this is what I've been told today
    I'm sick of it now to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I think I'll take photographic evidence of attending the game in McHale Park to be sure.

I think I'll take photographic evidence of attending the game in McHale Park to be sure.

self scanners there so shid be OK
    I'm not happy that through no fault of my own AGAIN a mistake has been made

Season tickets attendance from Mayo v Dublin in Castlebar last Saturday night still not updated? Must have been all then Dublin fans, broke our broadband :D

Season tickets attendance from Mayo v Dublin in Castlebar last Saturday night still not updated? Must have been all then Dublin fans, broke our broadband :D

The Season Ticket Turnstiles looked like the busiest ones on the night anyway....

celticbest wrote: »
    The Season Ticket Turnstiles looked like the busiest ones on the night anyway....

They did surely! And good to see everyone (most) people taking advice and getting there early. We were in about 6.10 and stand was nearly full then!

I was able to get to Mayo v Dublin with the Kerry season ticket.

It did not scan in the self scan machine but the attendant said that it should have and he let me in no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Still no update as of 3:15pm.

• Advertisement

Still no update as of 3:15pm.

Checked this morning still not updated :(

Advertisement