Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd do Aguero out for a hit and then just hope Sagna plays. If not, Bassong isn't the worst backup. Sanchez could probably wait a week

Yeah, Clichy is not fully match fit, I think he's only played and hour for the reserves, so if they want to give him another week Sagna may well play for Kolarov...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Ugh, Kolarov out is not good.

As it is I used my FT early to go Martial -> Pelle, so getting in a Sergio replacement is going to cost me -4. Has to be done though. I already have Vardy and Pelle, so I've concluded it comes down to one of Costa, Lukaku, Bony or Sturridge.

Costa - showed last season that he could be a great FF player, but neither he nor Chelsea have been in form. Always liable to do something stupid/get injured/get a suspension too.

Lukaku - has scored recently, a decent run of fixtures coming over the horizon, but has proved himself to be patchy at best.

Bony - *should* be nailed on with Aguero out, but is their only CL registered striker so may be protected a bit. Also issues around transitioning from him to Aguero when he's back fit.

Sturridge - proven goalscorer, if he stays fit could be a monster, and should be nailed on with the injuries to Ings and Benteke, but Liverpool have been poor and have a relatively poor run of fixtures.

Looking at it now, it's coming down to Bony v Sturridge for me, and Bony may be edging it slightly.

Other issues in my team - Kolarov (although I can absorb one drop from him), Muniesa, Nyom, Sanchex and Mahrez. Apart from that though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

-8 done as the old reliables are starting to hit form gone Gomez, Pedro and Aguero to Bellerin, Sanchez and ................. Kane (might even captain him!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Who to bring in for Aguero then? No chance i'm bringing in Costa he's been useless so far this season. Vardy actually looks like the best option as crazy as that sounds ha. Nice fixtures over the next few weeks but is Mahrez and Vardy overkill?

I did Aguero to Vardy and have both him and Mahrez. I may move Mahrez on if he gets rotated again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Have used my 1 free transfer on Aguero to Pelle.

So I guess what a lot of people will be considering now is, is it worth getting rid of Kolarov? Looks like he'll miss BOU (H) and MANU (a). Will he also miss NOR (H)? I think if I knew for certain that he would miss those 3, I'd get rid of him.

Next question is who for.
    Bellerin - popular player and Arsenal seem defensively sound.
    Kompany - is fit again, and looks like a Man City player over the next 6 weeks is a good idea as they have 4 home games in those 6 weeks.
    Bertrand - good player, playing for a form team, who has conveniently dropped to 5.3m.
    Cheaper option - bank some money by going for a cheaper option. Watford seems decent. Some options at WBA. Sunderland have decent fixtures and a new manager (though have poor form).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ugh, Kolarov out is not good.

As it is I used my FT early to go Martial -> Pelle, so getting in a Sergio replacement is going to cost me -4. Has to be done though. I already have Vardy and Pelle, so I've concluded it comes down to one of Costa, Lukaku, Bony or Sturridge.

Costa - showed last season that he could be a great FF player, but neither he nor Chelsea have been in form. Always liable to do something stupid/get injured/get a suspension too.

Lukaku - has scored recently, a decent run of fixtures coming over the horizon, but has proved himself to be patchy at best.

Bony - *should* be nailed on with Aguero out, but is their only CL registered striker so may be protected a bit. Also issues around transitioning from him to Aguero when he's back fit.

Sturridge - proven goalscorer, if he stays fit could be a monster, and should be nailed on with the injuries to Ings and Benteke, but Liverpool have been poor and have a relatively poor run of fixtures.

Looking at it now, it's coming down to Bony v Sturridge for me, and Bony may be edging it slightly.

Other issues in my team - Kolarov (although I can absorb one drop from him), Muniesa, Nyom, Sanchex and Mahrez. Apart from that though.....

I have those exact thoughts about the 4 strikers you mentioned. Im also veering towards bony now despite coming out fairly strongly against getting bony in early on in the week.

I have those exact thoughts about the 4 strikers you mentioned. Im also veering towards bony now despite coming out fairly strongly against getting bony in early on in the week.

Pelegrini confirmed that he was starting this week. Still don't trust the fecker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

The other advantage of Bony is that his low ownership means he has much better potential than, say, Lukaku, to rapidly increase in price if he gets on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any advice please lads?

I've already taken a -4, debating a -8 but to be honest I'm not really sure what way to go. A fresh pair of eyes on my team would be very much appreciated. £0.4m in the bank:

ca39e17e6e004ddf7fc194f689462383.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Currently on a -12. Need to replace Kolarov. Is the best option to keep city cover Kompany? Will probably have to wait until next week though as a -16 surely isn't worth it.

Ighalo will start instead.

A bench of Kolarov, Gosling and Francis is less than ideal. Too many transfers I need to make, but so many point hits :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    Any advice please lads?

I've already taken a -4, debating a -8 but to be honest I'm not really sure what way to go. A fresh pair of eyes on my team would be very much appreciated. £0.4m in the bank:

I think I'd stick and reassess next week. All your defenders are away but a -4 leaves you hoping for a clean sheet.

Replacing Aguero means you hope his replacement scores (I assume he would replace Fletcher in your starting XI). The obvious replacement is Costa who is a walking time bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ugh. **** the international break.

I can take a -8 to transfer out Evans and Kolarov. Should I stick with City cover at the back or go for Bertrand/Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Begovic
    Darmian, Martin, Francis
    Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Westwood
    Vardy, Ighalo

Out: Kolarov, Gomez, Aguero

4 options:
    1. Stick it out
    2. -4 for Aguero to Pelle
    3. -4 for Gomez to Bertrand (so I don't have to play Francis)
    4. -8 for both options 2 and3.

All advice appreciated. Head is gone here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Paully D wrote: »
    Any advice please lads?

I'd take the -8 and get rid of Aguero. I personally went for Costa but you have good alternatives in Bony, Lukaku to consider.

Evans should be touch and go for this GW but should be safe for next week at worst (long term he looks dodgy as a bit of a sick note though)

AOA isn't really a good option for you without a strong 8.

You could contemplate the -12 and ship out Kolarov for (Coleman if you can take the potential hit for the next 2 weeks to then hopefully reap the rewards) Bellerin solid looking in a solid looking side. Bertrand much the same as for Bellerin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm also in trouble

Evans nyom Kolorov bellerin Bertrand
    Puncheon Payet Maherz Pedro mane
    Vardy martial Aguero

I want De Bryune and Sanchez so most likely going too ship Pedro and Puncheon

Aguero has too go but I think I might gamble with Kane... Although ighalio could also be an option.

I'm happy too hold Kolorov 1 week and see how he does and then hopefully nyom or Evans plays this week.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I did Aguero to Vardy and have both him and Mahrez. I may move Mahrez on if he gets rotated again

Champion, I'll follow suit so and bring in him in myself like I had thought about so! Hopefully we both have a decent week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm also in trouble

Evans nyom Kolorov bellerin Bertrand
    Puncheon Payet Maherz Pedro mane
    Vardy martial Aguero

I want De Bryune and Sanchez so most likely going too ship Pedro and Puncheon

Aguero has too go but I think I might gamble with Kane... Although ighalio could also be an option.

I'm happy too hold Kolorov 1 week and see how he does and then hopefully nyom or Evans plays this week.

Thoughts?

Between Nyom and Evans you have a good chance of fielding a defender. Kolarov shouldn't drop (if current trend continues) till Saturday night at the earliest so you should be fine in terms of price drop.

I'd be looking at a change for Aguero and depending on points hits De Bruyne in. (Sanchez is a slight injury concern and you can do without adding insult to injury ;) )

Kane would be a good differential for Aguero but I just have no faith in him atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

kolarov darmian Francis nyom and targett
    4 point hit would be needed for transfer so should I stick
    or do kolarov to bellerin /Bertrand
    I'm actually afraid bellerin could be rotated .......

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Nothing like staring down the barrel of a -12, sigh, I suppose there's a first for everything. I already used my AOA due to being ravaged by injuries early in the season.

I kind of have to take the hit for Kolarov, otherwise I'm at risk of having only two starters at the back with Evans a huge doubt and Kolarov out. Any chance Target starts? Whince.

Edit.

-12 activated with Dawson in, Kolarov out. Trebled up on WBA defenders. I'm taking a massive risk that will either pay off or fail miserably, though I can see at least one CS from them over their next three fixtures.

Myhill

Evans - Dawson - Bellerin

Don't let me down, Tony. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Anyone having trouble with the site? cannot seem to confirm my changes.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thanos wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with the site? cannot seem to confirm my changes.... :(

Yep a bleeding Virgin media ad pops up every time I try change my team today

I'd do another hit to -12 to move Kolarov if the fixtures dictated a decent chance of it breaking even this week.

But as it is I Souare (WHU), Martin (new) and Naughton (STO) while the potential replacements would be Bellerin (wat) and Bertrand (LEI).

Don't think the chances of Clean sheets for Bellerin / Bertie are high enough to justify them ahead of Martin (-4).

Anyone got this weeks CS odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Using AOA

Don't want to play Francis even against City's second string but if Evans out will have no other choice

Cedric/Kolarov/Evans/Francis/Saylor

So starting Cedric & Evans and Francis will sub in if Evans misses

Stupidly did Sagna to Kolarov before the internationals !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Using AOA

Don't want to play Francis even against City's second string but if Evans out will have no other choice

Cedric/Kolarov/Evans/Francis/Saylor

So starting Cedric & Evans and Francis will sub in if Evans misses

Stupidly did Sagna to Kolarov before the internationals !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    kolarov darmian Francis nyom and targett
    4 point hit would be needed for transfer so should I stick
    or do kolarov to bellerin /Bertrand
    I'm actually afraid bellerin could be rotated .......

I'm considering Gabriel for a -4
    Bony in for Kun done and Lukaku for Diouf my next likely FT.
    If pelli is to believed Clichy is back when Kol is fit again so rotation concerns come into play. I guess I feel his time is up for his price and although I can put up with 1 price drop on him it's a transfer I'll have to make eventually and Berti or Everton defender is a couple of weeks early. Taking a -4 this week could well be the average and gives me my FT next week with the possibility of saving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm going to bring in Kompany for Kolarov. I could field 11, but would have no subs. Would also mean playing Richards and Francis at the back against strong opposition. I feel Kolarov could be risky even when he comes back, due to Clichy returning to fitness.

Also have other transfers to make over the coming weeks, and this seems like a good week to take a hit as lots of others will be taking one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Kolarov/Evans > Bertrand/Souare complete for a -8.

Myhill/Hennessy
    Bert/Bellerin/Souare/Martin/STaylor
    KDB/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez/Wanyama
    Pelle/Martial/Vardy

Final dilemma is captain KDB or Sanchez :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm considering Gabriel for a -4
    Bony in for Kun done and Lukaku for Diouf my next likely FT.
    If pelli is to believed Clichy is back when Kol is fit again so rotation concerns come into play. I guess I feel his time is up for his price and although I can put up with 1 price drop on him it's a transfer I'll have to make eventually and Berti or Everton defender is a couple of weeks early. Taking a -4 this week could well be the average and gives me my FT next week with the possibility of saving it.

Gabriel is risky, Koscielny is back in full training. We don't know what Wenger will do with Kos, Mert, and Gabriel all fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Gabriel is risky, Koscielny is back in full training. We don't know what Wenger will do with Kos, Mert, and Gabriel all fit

Sure is. I could play it safer but with Munich on Tuesday I 'm hoping he doesn't risk Kos. Longer term Ward Sakho Gabriel Coleman JOS could be ok!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

With Kolorov out, I made another transfer. My first hit of the season has now turned into a -8, but I definitely think it was needed, and it's long term, as Kolorov won't be guaranteed a starting place weekly with Clichy on way back.

Kolorov -> Bellerin
    Aguero -> Pelle
    Gomez -> Dawson

Advertisement