Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

With all these hits left right and center I'm beginning to think it would be folly not to use the WC now.

I could gain ground on those before any potential bounce from a WC in addition.

I must sit down later and tease it all out. If Hazard wasn't in my team the decision would be much easier. I can field 11 with 1 transfer but my defence is in such a bad way.

So it's down to whether more info in GW11 is worth the wait as the fixtures open up or gamble now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SantryRed wrote: »
    With Kolorov out, I made another transfer. My first hit of the season has now turned into a -8, but I definitely think it was needed, and it's long term, as Kolorov won't be guaranteed a starting place weekly with Clichy on way back.

Kolorov -> Bellerin
    Aguero -> Pelle
    Gomez -> Dawson

Think nothing of it. Solid moves.
    I'll be -24 in total hits after this week and don't dwell on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Begovic
    Darmian, Martin, Francis
    Sanchez, KDB, Payet, Mahrez, Westwood
    Vardy, Ighalo

Out: Kolarov, Gomez, Aguero

4 options:
    1. Stick it out
    2. -4 for Aguero to Pelle
    3. -4 for Gomez to Bertrand (so I don't have to play Francis)
    4. -8 for both options 2 and3.

All advice appreciated. Head is gone here!!

Anyone want to help a very confused fellow manager out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'd do #2, although wouldn't be opposed to #4 since you may end up needing to take a hit for defender next week if Darmian gets another yellow (I assume WC is played)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd definetly -4 in your shoes and get rid of aguero I'd also be strongly considering a -8 to sort out the defence. Actually I'd definetly -8 your defence doesn't have great fixtures next week either.

• Advertisement

It's the -8 imo but I think that could be the baseline start this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'd do #2, although wouldn't be opposed to #4 since you may end up needing to take a hit for defender next week if Darmian gets another yellow (I assume WC is played)

Yep, WC played in week 3. Never taken a -8 before so I suppose I'm a bit gun shy about it.

Yep, WC played in week 3. Never taken a -8 before so I suppose I'm a bit gun shy about it.

Seems like the average hit among "serious players" will be 1.5, so it's only two more points than a lot of people. I've seen -16s and -20s on FFS :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hey guys, I used my wildcard. A lot of changes were needed.

What do you think of my team? Would you make any changes?

12086920_1185812878100035_924456186_n.jpg?oh=9788de86f31974effed0bf9045800bca&oe=56242D14

chops018 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I used my wildcard. A lot of changes were needed.

What do you think of my team? Would you make any changes?

I'd prefer Alderweireld to Dier who already has 5 yellows this season. Kelly is about to lose his place once Ward is back, if you want Palace defence then Souare is safe. For 4.3m, you could get Distin at Bournemouth who is likely to start every match for the rest of 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't get my head around captaining Pelle but benching Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I'd prefer Alderweireld to Dier who already has 5 yellows this season. Kelly is about to lose his place once Ward is back, if you want Palace defence then Souare is safe. For 4.3m, you could get Distin at Bournemouth who is likely to start every match for the rest of 2015

Thanks.
    CSF wrote: »
    Can't get my head around captaining Pelle but benching Mane

Why, what way would you rearrange it?

That's the trouble with having all midfielders you'd like to play..

Doubting my plan for a hit to transfer out Kolarov now.
    Could do Gabriel for Daniels instead.
    Would be starting Sakho Kolarov and Muniesa with JOS and Daniels (BOU) as subs.
    AOA not considered as I think Mahrez is not guaranteed to start and Sanchez minutes with Munich Tuesday a concern.
    Guess I'm now wondering if Clichy will really compete with him and how fast he'll drop in value in 2 weeks. Do I trust Pellegrini with derby around the corner?
    Feel like I've aged à decade in the past 2 weeks!!!

Doubting my plan for a hit to transfer out Kolarov now.
    Could do Gabriel for Daniels instead.
    Would be starting Sakho Kolarov and Muniesa with JOS and Daniels (BOU) as subs.
    AOA not considered as I think Mahrez is not guaranteed to start and Sanchez minutes with Munich Tuesday a concern.
    Guess I'm now wondering if Clichy will really compete with him and how fast he'll drop in value in 2 weeks. Do I trust Pellegrini with derby around the corner?
    Feel like I've aged à decade in the past 2 weeks!!!

I'd bench Mata or Mahrez over Mane

Thanks.

Well it's just, have a look at how many goals have involved Mane and Pelle as scorer/assister or vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

**** it, I've gone -8. I've figured if there's any week to do it, then this is the one considering a lot of serious players will be taking a -4 for sure.

Prior to the international games kicking off I went (for -4):

Pedro -> Mata
    Gomis -> Pelle

I needed to do that one early or I'd have been destroyed on price rises/falls, so no complaints there. However, once Aguero and Kolarov got hurt it put me in trouble.

Tonight, I've gone (for a further -4):

Kolarov -> Bellerin

That's a move that was on my radar anyway.

Now to decide whether I should ride it out for a week or take another -4 (bringing it to -12 overall) to dump Aguero?

EDIT - -12 done for Aguero -> Bony. Lets see how this goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'm going to take a punt on Mitrovic...am I mad?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sanchez Lukaku alderweirald in, ayew aguero kolarov out. -8 but necessary

What do ye make of this potential WC team?

NcSOJO1.jpg?1

I hate when you start going around in circles and you don't know what's a good team and what isn't anymore. I'm there right now :pac:

No Leicester I know but if Vardy keeps scoring he'll become Ronaldo and Mahrez well it's a risk but if game time is an issue it may be an astute move.

An ARF (Aguero Release Fund) is something I haven't really thought about but I'll come up with something at the time. I also have up until January in my mind for defenders and what not. Ayew and Pelle on 3 yellows and I like Jarvis as a 5th mid with a little something to offer me.

• Advertisement

NcSOJO1.jpg?1

I hate when you start going around in circles and you don't know what's a good team and what isn't anymore. I'm there right now :pac:

No Leicester I know but if Vardy keeps scoring he'll become Ronaldo and Mahrez well it's a risk but if game time is an issue it may be an astute move.

An ARF (Aguero Release Fund) is something I haven't really thought about but I'll come up with something at the time. I also have up until January in my mind for defenders and what not. Ayew and Pelle on 3 yellows and I like Jarvis as a 5th mid with a little something to offer me.
    I think Payet is a must, Mahrez probably too. What would worry most about their absences is that the alternatives you have for them (Eriksen and Ayew) are both more expensive and less prolific so far.

I think Payet is a must, Mahrez probably too. What would worry most about their absences is that the alternatives you have for them (Eriksen and Ayew) are both more expensive and less prolific so far.

Eriksen is very much dispensable but I do like Ayew plus West Ham's fixtures aren't great.

Look at Payet's output and his greatest scores have been Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich and Leicester.

I'm locked in about 95% on:
    Howard - Elliot
    Dawson (WBA defender) - Bertrand - Martin - Soare
    KDB - Sanchez - Jarvis/Fletcher (+ 0.5)
    Lukaku - Pelle (or Mane but he won't start this week probably which is why I'm on Pelle)

So my question marks are then over:

Williams
    Ayew
    Eriksen
    Martial

I want either Martial or Mata probably going forwards too and I think Williams would be an ideal player to have for the next few months. Likewise Ayew for a while anyway.

So it's basically a midfield and forward slot with about 16.5 to play with and perhaps a Pelle/Saint confusing matters.

I've also now got a headache. Although I did have Elliot, Collocini and Mitrovic in my team about an hour ago :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

NcSOJO1.jpg?1

needs more Norwich :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Looking to replace Kolarov finding it very difficult to settle on someone. Wanted to go with Kompany but still a slight doubt over his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Ah, lads! I thought I had my team picked out yesterday but I come back with a red Kolarov and an orange Berahino. Anyone know what the story is with Berahino? Didn't hear anything about him, hopefuly it doesn't mean I'll have to transfer another player.

Eriksen is very much dispensable but I do like Ayew plus West Ham's fixtures aren't great.

Look at Payet's output and his greatest scores have been Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich and Leicester.

I'm locked in about 95% on:
    Howard - Elliot
    Dawson (WBA defender) - Bertrand - Martin - Soare
    KDB - Sanchez - Jarvis/Fletcher (+ 0.5)
    Lukaku - Pelle (or Mane but he won't start this week probably which is why I'm on Pelle)

So my question marks are then over:

Williams
    Ayew
    Eriksen
    Martial

I want either Martial or Mata probably going forwards too and I think Williams would be an ideal player to have for the next few months. Likewise Ayew for a while anyway.

So it's basically a midfield and forward slot with about 16.5 to play with and perhaps a Pelle/Saint confusing matters.

I've also now got a headache. Although I did have Elliot, Collocini and Mitrovic in my team about an hour ago :pac:

I think Payet has only blanked twice (including games v Arsenal and City) and is a BP machine. Seems fixture proof enough.

Payet/Mahrez have 40 points over Eriksen/Ayew so far (think Eriksen missed a game or 2 but still). I'm all about foregoing a form player if I don't think they'll keep it up (although often to my detriment) but I'd be generally doing it for a cheaper option. To be foregoing all those points for more expensive options would be a worry to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Here's my WC this week:

Myhill --- Gomes

Jaanmat--- Dawson---Souare---Bellerin---Azpil

De-Bryune---Mane---Sanchez---Mahrz---Payet

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

What do people think?

Why ye think Mane won't start?!? Will swap out for bench fodder and Upgrade Ighalo to Pelle if that's the case

Issac wrote: »
    Here's my WC this week:

Myhill --- Boruc

Huth---Oxford---Evans---Bellerin---Azpil

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

What do people think?

Why ye think Mane won't start?!? Will swap out for bench fodder and Upgrade Ighalo to Pelle if that's the case
    It's a nice midfield. Mane has a poor record for getting 60 mins when on intl duty. Evans is doubtful, no? Would you not downgrade Boruc to Hennessey or Elliot?

Issac wrote: »
    Here's my WC this week:

Myhill --- Gomes

Jaanmat--- Dawson---Souare---Bellerin---Azpil

Martial---Vardy---Ighalo

What do people think?

Can't find anything wrong with it, that team should leave money in the bank as well, right?
    Mane usually arrives back late from internationals. Koeman didn't mention anything in his press conference, but there's a chance. You have a strong front 8 anyway so not much need to worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

It's a nice midfield. Mane has a poor record for getting 60 mins when on intl duty. Evans is doubtful, no? Would you not downgrade Boruc to Hennessey or Elliot?

You got in there before my ninja edit :pac:

Have a refresh and take a look at the newest version (that was my old back line). Thanks!

Advertisement