Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Always amazed how long an anti-Israel circle-jerk is able to keep itself going on Boards as posters try to outdo each other with hilariously simplistic outrage.

Right on.
    Being anti Israel as a liberal view is quite an Irish thing. I suspect that our own experience with plantation is a big part of it, but more I've noticed down the years that the anti Israel types were often Shinners and even outright RA heads. The connection between the IRA and their "brothers in Marxism" the PLO was quite the thing back in the 70's and 80's. Both wore the flag of Marxism as a flag of convenience for the most part.

The increasing amount of American atomic powered Jewish zealots moving into the country are a major stain on the place. While there were always the orthodox nut bags knocking about there seems far more of them these days.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fed up of all the sympathy for Gaza as if they are innocent, it is awful for the decent people, but if you put troublemakers in power with a history of terrorism and no regard for life, the subsequent consequences are to be expected.

Yes it's just a pity Israel presided over the creation of these Hamas troublemakers. And all in a desperate attempt to implement divide & conquer and weaken the PLO. As they fought the PLO, they turned a blind eye to Hamas and allowed them to grow. Of course allowing such growth would in the long term, give them validation for denying a genuine two state solution. Israel claims Hamas is the spanner in the works, the spanner successive Israeli government could have sorted out decades ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/

Yes it really is terrible for the decent citizens of Israel alright. But it's inevitable when you're ruled by successive Zionist regimes, that peace will always be the last thing on the table

Always amazed how long an anti-Israel circle-jerk is able to keep itself going on Boards as posters try to outdo each other with hilariously simplistic outrage.

Right on.

You seem confused and I don't think you understand the difference between anti-Israeli and anti-Zionist. One is the irrational hate of a nationality, the other is a very understandable loathing of a hate filled supremacist and intolerant ideology. Most rationale people would be anti-Zionist, the same way most rationale people would be anti-Nazi. Disliking either has nothing to do with nationality or religion for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Wibbs wrote: »
    Being anti Israel as a liberal view is quite an Irish thing. I...............

Jesus yeah. I mean what kind of looper would look at colonialism in the 21st century and say it was wrong. Only some "ra head".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No
    Being anti Israel as a liberal view is quite an Irish thing. I suspect that our own experience with plantation is a big part of it, but more I've noticed down the years that the anti Israel types were often Shinners and even outright RA heads. The connection between the IRA and their "brothers in Marxism" the PLO was quite the thing back in the 70's and 80's. Both wore the flag of Marxism as a flag of convenience for the most part.

The increasing amount of American atomic powered Jewish zealots moving into the country are a major stain on the place. While there were always the orthodox nut bags knocking about there seems far more of them these days.

Spot on with the Shinners/RA observation ask Nodin he'll confirm this as he will confirm it with some smart arse one liner like he always does. Love these anti-Jewish posters on here, oh it's ok to hate the Jews they caused all the ills of the world but slag the Religon of Islam off and your a racists, oh the irony!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Spot on with the Shinners/RA observation ask Nodin he'll confirm this as he will confirm it with some smart arse one liner like he always does. Love these anti-Jewish posters on here, oh it's ok to hate the Jews they caused all the ills of the world but slag the Religon of Islam off and your a racists, oh the irony!
    Laughable. This was rumbled decades ago. Rule 1 of Zionist propaganda club: all criticism of Zionism is anti-Semitism.
    Any chance you'll actually link to a post that's "anti-Jewish" or are you just, ya know, blowing bollix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.............. Love these anti-Jewish posters on here, oh it's ok to hate the Jews they caused all the ills of the world but slag the Religon of Islam off and your a racists, oh the irony!

Do me a favour there and show (a) who these posters who "hate the jews" are and (b) provide evidence for your claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Good old boards. Palestinians are heros. Israelis scum. Some bandwagons never change :)

Both sides have their share of scum however the violence and the actions of the Isreali side seems to far outweigh that of the Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No
    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    You might be better asking why they need to fight to get land back in the first place? Or how much more of their land would be stolen by now if they weren't fighting back?

So no figures to suggest that Hamas using violence is working.
    RustyNut wrote: »
    You do agree that it is rightfully theirs in the first place tho?

Most thieves don't give up their stolen property without a fight.

It has been for thousands of years the land of the Jews. Which was recognised after WW2 when the Jews had no homeland. It is in fact was biblical prophecy where it said after the Jews were hunted down and lived in fear in lands to the north, they would then return to Israel and a fig tree believed to be dead would come alive.
    That is what the leaders did after WW2, they made the dead fig tree of Israel come back to life.
    One can question whose land it was.
    Nodin wrote: »
    The question in the poll is ridiculous when you put the casualties side by side. Theres years the IDF have lost more due to suicide than Palestinian attack, afaik.

I voted honestly and I remember what the news was like before the wall and security fences went up. I remember news stories of a couple having their wedding in a hotel, and a suicide bomber coming and blown up the hotel and killing many. I believe the Israelis have a lot to fear, and that fear continues with tunnels...
    Yes it's just a pity Israel presided over the creation of these Hamas troublemakers. And all in a desperate attempt to implement divide & conquer and weaken the PLO. As they fought the PLO, they turned a blind eye to Hamas and allowed them to grow. Of course allowing such growth would in the long term, give them validation for denying a genuine two state solution. Israel claims Hamas is the spanner in the works, the spanner successive Israeli government could have sorted out decades ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/

Yes it really is terrible for the decent citizens of Israel alright. But it's inevitable when you're ruled by successive Zionist regimes, that peace will always be the last thing on the table

One could argue peace processes give the violent people the power, look at what happened in NI with Sinn Fein, and the SDLP who were against violence paid the price.

One could argue peace processes give the violent people the power, look at what happened in NI with Sinn Fein, and the SDLP who were against violence paid the price.

And that argument would be flawed. The Butcher of Beirut - Ariel Sharon never had any meaningful engagement in a peace process throughout his career. Nor did he ever need any engagement in a peace process to pursue his political ambitions. Indeed most Israeli prime ministers have merely paid lip service to peace since 1993 and none better than Bibi himself. A man quite happy to preside over the regular violence inflicted upon innocent Palestinian civilians. No, he certainly never needed to hide behind a peace process to pursue his violent, expansionist agenda.

• Advertisement

Up to 900,000 Jews were expelled from Arab countries or fled persecution there, a huge number in establishing Israel in its formative decades. It evidently upsets those Arab nations that Israel has not only survived, but prospered, and crushes them any time they have engaged in sabre rattling or commenced military action.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Up to 900,000 Jews were expelled from Arab countries or fled persecution there, a huge number in establishing Israel in its formative decades. It evidently upsets those Arab nations that Israel has not only survived, but prospered, and crushes them any time they have engaged in sabre rattling or commenced military action.

Yes, it did upset many Arab states that a European colonial project that expelled hundreds of thousands of people was succeeding. You expect them to be doing cart wheels over it? :confused:

And yes, in return, some Arab states did expel jews (which is also unacceptable), but look closely at history and you see the role played by the Mossad in instigating stuff in places like Morocco to help force jews to move to Israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It was actually a response to Eugene Normans post.

It wasn't because you don't quote me. I merely pointed to a killing of a 18 year old girl.

She was a terrorist.

The only sad aspect is that they shot her. Far too quick.

What now? She was an 18 year old girl who was shot for not having a knife. It was planted later.

The hostility of rogue states like Syria is not prompted by the theft of land in settlements. Sure they lost land to Israel in conflict themselves, but that's hardly unusual where a country wages war and loses.

Lol. Rogue state. Syria is a stabiliser in the region. It's a secular state, the rebels supported by the West are the radical sectarians.

Lol. Rogue state. Syria is a stabiliser in the region. It's a secular state, the rebels supported by the West are the radical sectarians.

Seems very stable alright...the Assad regime was butchering tens of thousands of it's own civilians long before the current crisis.

Seems very stable alright...the Assad regime was butchering tens of thousands of it's own civilians long before the current crisis.

It's still the better option than the is supplied Sunni radicals.

Can yiu explain why you thought the 18 year old girl was a terrorist?

I'll saunter past the notion of "race"… It's the nature of humanity and history. Remarkably few nations and cultures have come about without it. Including our own. Ever wonder why Pictish died out and Scots Gaelic is a dialect of the Irish language. Or the fact that Scotland gets its very name from the Irish land grabs? Same way England got its name and much of its language from the Anglo Saxon land grab. The Greeks, from whom we get the foundations of western society, culture and philosophy were dab hands at the oul empire building. And the Italians? Forgetaboutit.

Now it can be deeply unpleasant and horrific and I certainly don't condone many Israeli actions since the foundation of that state(ditto for some Arab), but I can admire the fact that they did it under serious opposition.

A few posts ago you said there were very few genocides in history. The scots didn't kill the Picts. They merged kingdoms. In fact some scholars think the western inhabitants of what is now Scotland was always indigenous but influenced by gaelic culture from north eastern Ireland - the kingdom of dal riatha.

I'd hardly describe the massacre of up to 40,000 civilians, including the mass slaughter of women and children, in Hama in 1982 as stabilising or laud them as a beacon on the ME.

As for the 18 year old, she attacked soldiers with a knife, she got the reaction she should expect in any country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    What's to admire about disenfranchising an indigenous people from their lands & illegally colonising them with interlopers on the basis of religious affiliation?

how exactly do you think that the land came to be populated by Arabs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    The headline "Couple with six children killed in Palestine" is no accident either. Any normal usage of the English language would be "Couple who have six children killed in Palestine". Or "Parents of six children killed in Palestine".
    When you run it through the propaganda machine though, best to suggest the children were killed too though, right?

The children were with the parents when they were killed...

How is the thread title incorrect?

I'd hardly describe the massacre of up to 40,000 civilians, including the mass slaughter of women and children, in Hama in 1982 as stabilising or laud them as a beacon on the ME.

As for the 18 year old, she attacked soldiers with a knife, she got the reaction she should expect in any country.

I am taking about Syrias present reality. Does it add stability or not. Answer yes. We've seen what happens when it ( and Iraq) collapses. But the pro Israeli likudniks in the us and their colonised muppets in Europe tend to support anything that destabilises Europe provided their fascist little state ( which wouldn't let them in and has a bomb aimed at Dublin) remains stable.

As for the girl didn't attack anybody. Show me any evidence of an attack. I posted the link to the pictures taken by the photographer and she's clearly standing still behind a fence or barrier. She's shot behind the barrier. There's no knife visible until it's placed post the killing. As even the daily mail commented section agreed.

goose2005 wrote: »
    how exactly do you think that the land came to be populated by Arabs?

Again very few genocides in history, although more than wibbs thinks. The Arabs were a elite force who invaded the Middle East and the people there converted over time. This should be clear from the very existence of Christian Arabs, who hardly came with the original invaders. In fact the place was mostly Christian for generations.

I am taking about Syrias present reality. Does it add stability or not. Answer yes.

Ah, so when you lolled at the description of Syria as a rogue state and lauded its "stability" you meant "but but, never mind the Assads history of massacring tens of thousands of their own civilians and all that awful stuff...they're better than the alternative right now"

Lol is right!

Ah, so when you lolled at the description of Syria as a rogue state and lauded its "stability" you meant "but but, never mind the Assads history of massacring tens of thousands of their own civilians and all that awful stuff...they're better than the alternative right now"

Lol is right!

Yes I meant he is better than the alternative right now. Better for the Middle East and where I actually live. His continuous existence does bug likudnists and pro Israelis who are colonised by Fox News.

The girl Conor. Where did she pull the knife?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

So no figures to suggest that Hamas using violence is working.
    The fact that Palestine still exists at all is a testament to their resistance to Israeli land grabbing. Why, do you think each acre of land that Israel steals is a point for them?
    It has been for thousands of years the land of the Jews. Which was recognised after WW2 when the Jews had no homeland. It is in fact was biblical prophecy where it said after the Jews were hunted down and lived in fear in lands to the north, they would then return to Israel and a fig tree believed to be dead would come alive..
    Yeah, Gandalf and Harry Potter promised me my own country, so I'd better go steal in now off the people living there.
    So if it was the Jewish homeland, where's the Palestinian homeland? Mars?

Yes I meant he is better than the alternative right now. Better for the Middle East and where I actually live. His continuous existence does bug likudnists and pro Israelis who are colonised by Fox News.

The girl Conor. Where did she pull the knife?

So now the rogue state is not a rogue state?

Look, we'll agree to differ, you can erase recent history in characterising a state and it's leaders, I think it's rather significant.

I don't know where terrorists hide knives.

So now the rogue state is not a rogue state?

Look, we'll agree to differ, you can erase recent history in characterising a state and it's leaders, I think it's rather significant.

I don't know where terrorists hide knives.

Syria is no more or less a rogue state than the country you fetishise. I fetishe neither. I am concerned with stability in the Middle East and how it affects Europe.

You don't know where "terrorists hide knives". Do you know where the 18 year old girl who wasn't a terrorist hid the knife she didn't pull and which was certainly planted later?

Syria is no more or less a rogue state than the country you fetishise. I fetishe neither.

Well I welcome your u turn from the time you posted this...what, less than an hour ago...
    Lol. Rogue state. Syria is a stabiliser in the region...

Now your stance is that they are no more rogue than Israel, so at least you have stopped singing their praises.

• Advertisement

Well I welcome your u turn from the time you posted this...what, less than an hour ago...

Now your stance is that they are no more rogue than Israel, so at least you have stopped singing their praises.

It's a stabiliser in the region now.
    The now is obviously implied because we live now.

And I haven't stopped signing Syrias praises. It's a better option for Europe and the Middle East as a stable dictatorship than the failed state the likudnists want, ( which is probably better for Israel which is why you support it).

The existing dictatorship is also much better than the alternative for its Christian, secular and other minorities. I'd prefer saddam was there too. A fiend of mines Christian family was safe under saddam and dead now. But as long as it's "good for Israel" you Zionist fetishers are happy.

The girl Conor. Why was she definitely a terrorist? Where's the picture of her holding the knife.

Advertisement