Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

I'm against the Jewish occupation of Palestine. That land does not belong to the Jews. They have no right to it.
    What they are doing to the Palestinians is far worse than what was allegedly done to them in Germany in the 40's

MJI wrote: »
    I'm against the Jewish occupation of Palestine. That land does not belong to the Jews. They have no right to it.
    What they are doing to the Palestinians is far worse than what was allegedly done to them in Germany in the 40's

"What was allegedly done to them"?!!!

They are trying to do worse than take over the world and exterminate an entire people?

They're doing it very slowly and badly if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

MJI wrote: »

Ugh....

I'm against the Israeli settlements. Last year I read a timeline of negotiations between the Israelis and John Kerry. The Israeli government is deplorable and not be trusted. Preventing settlers on the West Bank from passing through to Gaza..killing children and adults...launching smoke grenades at children...shooting protestors...burning down Olive trees and Palestinian homes...taking over the land for the water and sanatation....also, the fact there's a border agreement which is only a few decades old...the way some people speak about this, it's as though nobody knows the real reason why this fighting is going on and it's one of those things that it's just ingrained now.

Palestinians quite rightly feel cheated. I was very pleased to see their flag hoisted at the UN.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can you imagine living in a tiny country and being surrounded by people who want to see you wiped off the face of the planet.

Can you imagine living in a tiny country and being surrounded by people who want to see you wiped off the face of the planet.

Israel shouldn't fear its neighbours. Any time they've gone to war, they've swatted them aside, even if at times in Yom Kippur it didn't look certain. And now with its main tormentor Syria torn apart, they should perhaps use it as an opportunity to work on their own relations. They are good at conflict, awful at winning the hearts and minds...the opposite of Hamas and co.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.....and continually provoking them by stealing land.....I'd credit meself with more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

No
    These threads are some of the funniest on boards. See the gormless fools who cry murder and injustice if some palestinian gets killed. Yet is overjoyed when an Israeli (preferably multiple) gets what they deserve for being Israeli. Wheres that whole #equality bull**** gone now. Lets celebrate the dead israeli scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Imagine living in your homeland (let's call it Palestine) and then a bunch of religious nutters from another continent (let's say Europe) decide they want to steal your land.

These terrorists arrive in, well trained and heavily armed, and proceed to drive out 750,000 of your people and steal 78% of your land.

And that's only the start of it. All backed up by the "peace loving democrats" in the west.

Would you be happy with that???

Nodin wrote: »
    .....and continually provoking them by stealing land.....I'd credit meself with more sense.

The hostility of rogue states like Syria is not prompted by the theft of land in settlements. Sure they lost land to Israel in conflict themselves, but that's hardly unusual where a country wages war and loses.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Imagine living in your homeland (let's call it Palestine) and then a bunch of religious nutters from another continent (let's say Europe) decide they want to steal your land.

These terrorists arrive in, well trained and heavily armed, and proceed to drive out 750,000 of your people and steal 78% of your land.

And that's only the start of it. All backed up by the "peace loving democrats" in the west.

Imagine well trained and heavily armed religious nutters across the Middle East expelling you and fellow Jews into an area, let's call it Israel. And growing up in a society that promotes democracy, tolerance etc. And then find that the countries that persecuted you are still unhappy as you thrive in the scrap of land they sent you to, and want to wipe you and your people off the map?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I can't imagine being a Palestinian, no, thankfully.

Imagine well trained and heavily armed religious nutters across the Middle East expelling you and fellow Jews into an area, let's call it Israel. And growing up in a society that promotes democracy, tolerance etc. And then find that the countries that persecuted you are still unhappy as you thrive in the scrap of land they sent you to, and want to wipe you and your people off the map?
    Why are you lying and pretending Israelis come from other ME countries? What agenda does that lie serve I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

No
    Zebra3 wrote: »

What about the ISIS lads bufoons are welcoming into Europe? Sound similar to your story. But the key thing is that they aren't jews so should be welcomed I guess

A society that enforces an apartheid regime on areas its colonising......

And growing up in a society that promotes democracy, tolerance etc.
    Funny how the Zionist flag wavers always trot this one out while strangely forgetting to mention that Israel has racism baked into its constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I drove past an Israeli settlement in the West Bank once. They tend to be situated on high ground and the crest of hills, overlooking Palestinian villages. One of the first things to strike me was the overpowering stink of human sh*t that you get when driving around them on the Palestinian roads as he settlements tend to pump untreated effluent down into the Palestinian lands below them. Luckily for the settlers hey don't have to deal with this as they have Israeli-only roads which Arabs are banned from driving on. On top of this, Palestinians generally get water only on one day a week and are forced to fill up tanks on the roof, settlements tend to have complex watering systems and often swimming pools with 24 hour running water courtesy of illegally stealing water from the aquifer below.

Can you imagine the utter rage you would feel living in this situation every day? Watching your country being slowly colonised by a bunch of Americans and Russians?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

And growing up in a society that promotes democracy, tolerance etc.

A career in stand up comedy surely beckons, because Israel and democracy have nothing in common. Their thin veil of democracy does nothing to hide a nation built on hate, superiority and ethnic cleansing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Imagine well trained and heavily armed religious nutters expelling you and fellow Palestinians into an area, let's call it Gaza.
    Funny how it works both ways eh?

Oh and the Arabs expelled very few, not in the last few centuries(even before. The Saracens were far more easy going with Jews than the Christians ever were). The vast majority of Jewish folks in the world, inside and outside of Israel are as much European in origin as they are middle eastern.

We can go back and forth on this all the day long but the simplest thing is to look at a map of Israel in 1950 and then look at one from today. They colonised and have driven out non Jews from their land in the intervening years. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. Oh and I admire them for it BTW. I just can't abide their hypocrisy and cynical waving of the holocaust flag in an attempt to ward off critique of this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh and I admire them for it BTW.
    You similarly admire English, German, Russian and Chinese land grab aggression and ethnic cleansing then? Or just the ones by races you identify with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

No
    They colonised and have driven out non Jews from their land in the intervening years. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. Oh and I admire them for it BTW.
    What's to admire about disenfranchising an indigenous people from their lands & illegally colonising them with interlopers on the basis of religious affiliation?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    You similarly admire English, German, Russian and Chinese land grab aggression and ethnic cleansing then? Or just the ones by races you identify with?
    I'll saunter past the notion of "race"… It's the nature of humanity and history. Remarkably few nations and cultures have come about without it. Including our own. Ever wonder why Pictish died out and Scots Gaelic is a dialect of the Irish language. Or the fact that Scotland gets its very name from the Irish land grabs? Same way England got its name and much of its language from the Anglo Saxon land grab. The Greeks, from whom we get the foundations of western society, culture and philosophy were dab hands at the oul empire building. And the Italians? Forgetaboutit.

Now it can be deeply unpleasant and horrific and I certainly don't condone many Israeli actions since the foundation of that state(ditto for some Arab), but I can admire the fact that they did it under serious opposition.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Haznat

I'll saunter past the notion of "race"… It's the nature of humanity and history. Remarkably few nations and cultures have come about without it. Including our own. Ever wonder why Pictish died out and Scots Gaelic is a dialect of the Irish language. Or the fact that Scotland gets its very name from the Irish land grabs? Same way England got its name and much of its language from the Anglo Saxon land grab. The Greeks, from whom we get the foundations of western society, culture and philosophy were dab hands at the oul empire building. And the Italians? Forgetaboutit.

Now it can be deeply unpleasant and horrific and I certainly don't condone many Israeli actions since the foundation of that state(ditto for some Arab), but I can admire the fact that they did it under serious opposition.

If only everyone still behaved like they did in ancient times. The world would be a much livelier place.

You could have just said "Yes, I support land grabs and ethnic cleansing" to save some typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

That's a very unusual form of admiration to be honest - a more appropriate response would be utter contempt and anger really.

They don't have serious opposition either - they have the full backing of the entire west, with only token political gestures at opposition.

It's like admiring the schoolyard bully for being able to make another persons life a living hell, because he can keep on getting away with it, despite authorities verbally making a big fuss over it, but in the end turning a blind eye and not acting to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

Opposition? Please, they were given carte blanche to ethnically cleanse a land and they still have that tacit approval today. Actions which are the root cause of the conflict today and actions which made enemies of their neighbours. They have operated and still operate outside the norms of a civilised democracy. No, I personally couldn't find it in me to give such a racist, war mongering state my admiration.

Haznat wrote: »
    If only everyone still behaved like they did in ancient times. The world would be a much livelier place.

You could watch the all-Ireland cattle raiding final on RTE......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

IngazZagni wrote: »
    The settlers are moving to these regions for economic reasons.

These guys done what they done for economic reasons as well. Rotten thieving scumbags as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Funny how the Zionist flag wavers always trot this one out while strangely forgetting to mention that Israel has racism baked into its constitution.

Israel doesn't have a constitution.

The religious nutjobs won't allow a document that is placed higher than the word of God and all that nonsense.

Opposition? Please, they were given carte blanche to ethnically cleanse a land and they still have that tacit approval today.
    Go right back to the start of the Israeli state and read up on it.

I seem to have confused both sides here. The pro Israeli at first thought "oh he is a supporter too, oh wait…" Ditto for the anti.

• Advertisement

Go right back to the start of the Israeli state and read up on it.

I seem to have confused both sides here. The pro Israeli at first thought "oh he is a supporter too, oh wait…" Ditto for the anti.
    Well you do support land grabs and ethnic cleansing, which you have made clear. Just not specifically that done by Zionists.

Advertisement