Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Peterx wrote: »
    Looks great.
    On the sign on page I presume you can sign on for M40 and still do the A race?

(they just appear to be separate options)

thanks!

Hi Peter, let me check that out. I was under the impression the M40 cat is being run in the B race.
    All the fast lads in the Bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Farloo

When are entries open for the next round of the Fixx league?!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭crosbie

nak wrote: »
    All the fast lads in the Bs.

Seems full?? Are there any day entries still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Any places left in the A's for Navan. Entry seems to be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Farloo wrote: »
    When are entries open for the next round of the Fixx league?!

Generally two weeks before the race. On the Monday at high Noon.

* Just to confirm that I am not associated in anyway with the Fixx series, and as such, I may be completely wrong, but I could also be right.

Any places left in the A's for Navan. Entry seems to be closed?

They said on the latest FaceBook photo, that there will be entries on the day and that there was an issue with the entry, but it's open again.
    Navan Road Club: Online entry is back open now, premature closure issue! All good to go folks still....

* Just to confirm that I am not associated in anyway with the Navan series, and as such, I may be completely wrong, but I could also be right.

• Advertisement

Generally two weeks before the race. On the Monday at high Noon.

* Just to confirm that I am not associated in anyway with the Fixx series, and as such, I may be completely wrong, but I could also be right.

They said on the latest FaceBook photo, that there will be entries on the day and that there was an issue with the entry, but it's open again.
    Navan Road Club: Online entry is back open now, premature closure issue! All good to go folks still....

* Just to confirm that I am not associated in anyway with the Navan series, and as such, I may be completely wrong, but I could also be right.

still closed, but thank you for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vigorelli

Hi folks, I'm with Navan Road Club. We definitely haven't closed the event and we will be taking entries on the day. There's some kind of screw up with the online booking system where it's showing as closed. When we reopen it, it allows one person to get as far as starting their payment and then it auto closes again. Very frustrating, but we're waiting for CI to take a look into it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

vigorelli wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm with Navan Road Club. We definitely haven't closed the event and we will be taking entries on the day. There's some kind of screw up with the online booking system where it's showing as closed. When we reopen it, it allows one person to get as far as starting their payment and then it auto closes again. Very frustrating, but we're waiting for CI to take a look into it.

Not to worry. Should see you on the day so.
    Best of luck with the event and only fantastic to see the Leinster Champs course heading outside Dublinia.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Grand, couldn't sign on line but will be there on the day. super event last year and Navan really one of the stalwarts of the Irish racing and indeed cycling scene. They deserve every support we can provide,,

Thanks Vigorelli - two of us are heading up form Dublin so we will see you on the day. Best of luck with the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I was up there in January for the first/last event! Great show altogether.. parking, warm up area, MC on the mic, food afterwards with the prize giving.. quality run event...

The course itself is said to have changed. Last January it was a great off-camber/varied terrain/ mud-fest and though the park is quite flat they made use of all the tricky little uphill power sections..

Leinster Champs in December make it a must!

Roll on Sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

After your recommendation guys I decided to get my ass there on Sunday (most likely). Will probably cycle from Dublin as a warmup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

What date is the leinster CX champs going to be?
    Gonna miss this weekend but hopefully I'll make the next installment ;)

Hi again, it looks like the online bookings are working again now!

miller_63 tells me he is busy with a strimmer getting the course ready

SuperSean wrote: »
    What date is the leinster CX champs going to be?
    Gonna miss this weekend but hopefully I'll make the next installment ;)
    The next installment is 6th November, and the Leinsters are 4th December on the same course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

How many places in B are left for the Navan race?

Alek wrote: »
    How many places in B are left for the Navan race?
    We haven't put a limit on it. There are about 85 entered so far across all categories

We haven't put a limit on it. There are about 85 entered so far across all categories

CI registration all good now so signed up for Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Anyone recommend CX practice locations in Drogheda / Meath coastal area?

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Are the Cats not, A/B-Open, 40(Vet)A/B, 50(Super Vet)A/B, Grand Vet - B 60+
    Ladies B-open.

any update on this? are M40 A's to register for the A or B race?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

thanks

A race ye bollix, leave us M40 A4 freds alone...

thanks
    If you're an A you are warmly invited to do the A race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

thanks

In General....

You're either an A or B racer.. If you hold an A1/A2 road licence then you're in the A race automatically... If you win a B race, then you should move to the A race for the next CX race...

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    In General....

You're either an A or B racer.. If you hold an A1/A2 road licence then you're in the A race automatically... If you win a B race, then you should move to the A race for the next CX race...

I understand, I have been in CX A's for a couple of years (not A1 or A2 road however).

However I hold a M40 licence and registration requires you select A or M40. I am both and they appear to be separate races. Usually(fixx) they are the one race. The only exceptions last year was Leinster champs and Nationals where M40 was a separate race to the A's.

Ps I am not trying to be a "banger" I moved up to A's 2 years ago without winning a B race and I am a A3.

Just select B Vets.. M40's can race A or B...

Only in the Nats must you race your age Cat, so you'd up against A or B M40's

"A" in the Nats is called "Elite" so if your licence says Elite then you have to race it

Simple! ;)

P.S I'm not a CI Commissar!

I understand, I have been in CX A's for a couple of years (not A1 or A2 road however).

However I hold a M40 licence and registration requires you select A or M40. I am both and they appear to be separate races. Usually(fixx) they are the one race. The only exceptions last year was Leinster champs and Nationals where M40 was a separate race to the A's.

Ps I am not trying to be a "banger" I moved up to A's 2 years ago without winning a B race and I am a A3.
    Trust me, if anyone ticks the wrong box, or enters the wrong race by accident, we won't be there dragging them away from their preferred race.

If there are way too many entered in the B race, we will run a separate race for Youths, Juniors and those vets that want to race in it. But I'm sure everyone would prefer that A riders would ride the A race

If there are way too many entered in the B race, we will run a separate race for Youths, Juniors and those vets that want to race in it. But I'm sure everyone would prefer that A riders would ride the A race

There's Always more in the B race than the A's, so anyone with an A1/A2 or S1/S2 licence should enter/be put in the A race, even if they've never done a CX race before...
    You can send the youths off at the same time as the ladies B, and the Vets/Jun with the Mens B / A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It's great that CX is becoming so popular as a winter sport, but...

Had an incident this evening in a park in south dublin. A couple of us were out, we weren't getting in anyone's way, we weren't littering and the "damage" to the park is no more severe than the broken glass, cans and other litter we came across.

Still, we were approached by a man (after he put his dogs back on the lead), who asked "are you local?". Yes, it started like that.

Anyway, he proceeded to tell us that this was a private park (it may be, but there is no signage) and that the locals are getting sick of the cyclists appearing in it, cutting up the grass. He said there were plans to put tacks down around the park. I was surprised, and pretty angry, but kept it composed and asked would it not be better to erect signs to warn people away. No, he was adamant that the tacks were the best solution.

Just be careful out there, maybe give people a wide berth and stay off the beaten path as much as possible.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Had an incident this evening in a park in south dublin. A couple of us were out, we weren't getting in anyone's way, we weren't littering and the "damage" to the park is no more severe than the broken glass, cans and other litter we came across.
    Still, we were approached by a man (after he put his dogs back on the lead), who asked "are you local?". Yes, it started like that.
    Anyway, he proceeded to tell us that this was a private park (it may be, but there is no signage) and that the locals are getting sick of the cyclists appearing in it, cutting up the grass. He said there were plans to put tacks down around the park. I was surprised, and pretty angry, but kept it composed and asked would it not be better to erect signs to warn people away. No, he was adamant that the tacks were the best solution.
    Just be careful out there, maybe give people a wide berth and stay off the beaten path as much as possible.

Southsiders! Hardly surprising! :pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Was that cherry wood? I met some lunatic out there who said the same thing....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement