Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I know most race locations are safe enough but while the A race was on I copped two lads checking out cars on the main road.

The lad who parked beside me got really luck then. He left his car window completely open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

The lad who parked beside me got really luck then. He left his car window completely open.
    I'd say the inside wasn't too dry after that downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    If anyone sees Lenny can you tell him i got cold waiting for him to finish and had to go. Hope he can get a bit closer to me over the course of the season.
    No shame in finishing behind an old man with asthma who didnt get a TUE ;).

Credit where credit is due Robfowl. You beat me fair and square. mother f****r. Im gonna get you next time!! :)`

At least there was a deserving winner -

"Donation Details

Confirmation number: 04T168464X184615H
    Donation amount: €20.00 EUR
    Total: €20.00 EUR
    Purpose: Pieta House C.P.S.O.S Ltd "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Target to beat for next race: lennymc

Ah jaysis! What did I do to you Gerry!

:)

My list of enemies grows long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Flew past me near the start.. @philb on octane / br btw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RobFowl wrote: »
    No shame in finishing behind an old man with asthma who didnt get a TUE ;).
    Must be nice if you can write your own though :eek:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Can coffeine increase your top HR? Its the first time ever I've seen 187 on the clock and didn't even feel like dying. I always though 185 is my max... Two Hi5 gels with coffeine before the ride. Otherwise I feel normal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    Ah jaysis! What did I do to you Gerry!

:)

My list of enemies grows long.

Fwiw if you challange Lenny and lose you make a donation to CRY and if you challange me and lose one to Pieta house...

Thats the deal from here on in ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Alek wrote: »
    Can coffeine increase your top HR? Its the first time ever I've seen 187 on the clock and didn't even feel like dying. I always though 185 is my max... Two Hi5 gels with coffeine before the ride. Otherwise I feel normal.

Coffeine ? Is that a drug which merges caffeine and codeine? WADA want to know ;)

PS yes caffeine does raise your HR and probably means you will hit a higher max

FWIW i hit 200 today and averaged to 194 !
    Felt ok but had cold all week and today first day didnt feel crap

• Advertisement

Ah sorry, my Polish is mixing in again ("kofeina")

I've noticed before that after a cold my avg and top HR was higher for some time.

Interesting portage, today's race

397726.jpg

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Alek wrote: »
    Interesting portage, today's race

Jeeezzeee! talk about zero technique...! :eek: :eek:

Though he was so far ahead of the rest of the race it didn't matter! :P

( In fairness he was suitcaising the bike in the normal way at the second board )

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

That s what happens when you forget to switch the motor off:D

Yesterday's B race (lap 1,5-2,5)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

No idea how you carried so much pace along the back straight Alek, fair play. Everything felt so heavy for me through there. You pass me just before the end of your video, mostly white skinsuit, orange bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Well done Fixx.

That was great craic. I was in the B race. I've really got to get my remounts sorted. I'm never going to be a contender at this stuff but I lost a load of time faffing about getting back on the bike. Goal for the season I guess. :rolleyes:

I don't know how it works, but it seems I can do short bursts of high cadence sprinting offroad easier than on tarmac :) I usually go low cadence in CX (~70 avg), switching to 100+ only for overtaking on straights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Fixx Grangecastle was super. Tanx again to the organisers.
    The way the course changed with the rain was only mighty and the softer bend into turn one was very very good at lessening the pile-up potential (PUP)
    In a tenuously related point I am still amazed by how many no shows there are. 75 showed in the A with over 100 signed on (and paid for the privilege)
    A 25% no show rate would have Ryanair salivating.
    Had a great race and was fighting for corners and places the whole way with lads. Pretty tired today but in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Here it is, first date of our three CX in the Blackwater Park, Navan.

Revised course which runs really well and will reward the technical riders.

Registration available online through Cycling Ireland. At the moment we are advertising 'sign on' on the morning as well but that could change dependant on numbers

I suppose given the excitement of the weekend just gone it would be rude not to bring this forward for a bump, massive change in course from last year with input from Robyn Seymour himself. With this course set for the Leinster Champs in December I guess a lot will be 'checking' it out!

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/Tatiana Big Swag/Navan%20Road%20Club/Navan_Road_Club_CX_2016_zpsp45eqssd.jpg[/IMG]

sign on on the day miller? not sure if I can make it yet.

Gerry wrote: »
    Flew past me near the start.. @philb on octane / br btw

didn't see you there! Will be sure to push you into a bush at the next one :)

I suppose given the excitement of the weekend just gone it would be rude not to bring this forward for a bump, massive change in course from last year with input from Robyn Seymour himself. With this course set for the Leinster Champs in December I guess a lot will be 'checking' it out!
    Looks great.
    On the sign on page I presume you can sign on for M40 and still do the A race?

(they just appear to be separate options)

thanks!

Fair play to Navan RC for putting together a race series!

The calendar is completely full if you put together the Munster and Ulster series also, so you could race every single weekend up to Christmas!

Though there are dates on the 30th of Oct and 20th of Nov for any Leinster clubs who wanted to put on a race...cough..Swords..cough....

The real deal Grange Castle race vid (by Alfie Wallace):

https://www.facebook.com/supercrosscup/videos/1297292076970089

lennymc wrote: »
    sign on on the day miller? not sure if I can make it yet.

So far yes, but online numbers are starting to swell. We will advertise soon if closing entries though.

Peterx wrote: »
    Looks great.
    On the sign on page I presume you can sign on for M40 and still do the A race?

(they just appear to be separate options)

thanks!

Hi Peter, let me check that out. I was under the impression the M40 cat is being run in the B race.

Hi Peter, let me check that out. I was under the impression the M40 cat is being run in the B race.

Are the Cats not, A/B-Open, 40(Vet)A/B, 50(Super Vet)A/B, Grand Vet - B 60+
    Ladies B-open.

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Are the Cats not, A/B-Open, 40(Vet)A/B, 50(Super Vet)A/B, Grand Vet - B 60+
    Ladies B-open.

His race, his rules :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement