Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

RobFowl wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that course in Navan last year, did b race and rode well but was fell off about 4 times on the various sections by trying to carry too much speed. Rewards good bike control and has great variation.
    Thats 3 I plan to do for sure :)

We have made significant changes to the route you guys rode last year, the slog from the bottom corner (soggy) end has gone with more trickery and witchery from the CX gurus being added. :D :cool: It really will reward those that can handle a bike aswell....

Thanks for the feedback...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

Just wondering does anyone use a MTB for B races ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Did all the regulars people get signed up for the Fixx series entry?
    A Junior (5 remaining)          A Vet(40-49) (0 remaining)
    A Senior (0 remaining)          A Super Vet (50+) (8 remaining)
    B Open   (0 remaining)          B Vet (40-49) (0 remaining)
    B Super Vet(50+) (0 remaining)  B Ladies (19 remaining)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

nope. sold out pretty quickly. I know robfowl didn't get in either. I don't understand the series entry - it's not like there were issues with numbers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

lennymc wrote: »
    nope. sold out pretty quickly. I know robfowl didn't get in either. I don't understand the series entry - it's not like there were issues with numbers.

Same, sold out so quick :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I may watch this season from behind the tape. What beer for handups?

[self-flagellation mode on]
    mods, you can take me off the subject now
    [mode off]

Belgian!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭scott.s

There appears to be 1 place in the B Open cat available https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/form32/index.html

Lenny, at least there's be a lot of people with Rear Derailleurs not in use... Seeing as Chain Reaction are not doing their 3 for the price of 2 AKA the Lenny Special. :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I didn't get in either, maybe we have to call this thread " Lenny, Alex and Rob didn't get to the cyclocross party" :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Missed out too but According to comments on their fb page the season pass accounts for less than half the tickets so hopefully there will be another opportunity to buy a single entry as before. They are to be released 2 weeks before. I'd say these will all be gone in less than an hour so it's a case of keep your eyes peeled for Facebook updates.

I still don't get the thinking behind the series entry. It's not like they had problems filling races....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    I didn't get in either, maybe we have to call this thread " Lenny, Alex and Rob didn't get to the cyclocross party" :(
    Cram changed the title...

Honest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

lennymc wrote: »
    I still don't get the thinking behind the series entry. It's not like they had problems filling races....

They've nothing to worry about when it comes to filling races. I wonder if it's a financial move. They now have a few bob in the kitty from these season entries. Maybe they relied on the Rathfarnham race for this pre-season income to stock the war chest on whatever costs they incur before the first round kicks off.

It's also saved people the hassle of the stupid dash every few weeks to get an entry in on time and with less numbers to deal with now, I'm sure it's lightened their admin load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The series entry was to make it easier for organiser's admin,let riders interested in riding the 4 rounds just sign up the once,thus guarenteing entry to every race,plus those who do sign up in advance save a little bit of money.The Fixx admin have money to run the series and this new series entry is in no way designed to fund a "warchest" or in anyway try to squeeze money out of riders.
    I'm not part of the running of the series,but know those who are.

Didn't mean any ill will on my thoughts, they were only that. I commend the work they put in over the season. Warchest may have been the wrong term but I'd never think that they were trying to "squeeze" money out of riders.
    Personally I'm happy the the setup, I've paid my entry fee, no hassles for entry and I saved a few quid. Can't wait the the racing to begin.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

But if anything you get a discount on series entry...it's 75 euro for 4. Last year each race was 20 euro.

I'd say the move is more of an administration one, reduce the hassle involved for handling so many entries (50% are now paid up and can't be transferred, so no changing rider names on the morning!).

As mentioned, the races were all selling out, I can't see of another reason for doing it this way other than admin, unless they were getting hit for a lot of transaction fees on each race entry. In which case it also makes sense!

Didn't mean any ill will on my thoughts... Can't wait the the racing to begin.:)

Guess who has to start from the back of the grid every race now? :P

Guess who has to start from the back of the grid every race now? :P

Of the A race. Love a challenge.

Of the A race. Love a challenge.

My avg HR was 177 (max is 184) for over an hour when I challenged myself not to be the last one in A race the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Munster CX League is set up for this year:

09/10/2016 – St. Finbarr’s, Fota Island, Cork
    16/10/2016 – BRT, Ennis
    30/10/2016 – Pi Cyclocross, Mallow, Co. Cork
    12/11/2016 – De Ronde, Aghada, Cork
    19/11/2016 – Killarney
    27/11/2016 – Upperchurch Drombane CC, Co. Tipperary

Details on FB

https://www.facebook.com/Munster-CX-League-1037488159705456/?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite&notif_id=1472803082358379

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    But if anything you get a discount on series entry...it's 75 euro for 4. Last year each race was 20 euro.

I'd say the move is more of an administration one, reduce the hassle involved for handling so many entries (50% are now paid up and can't be transferred, so no changing rider names on the morning!).

As mentioned, the races were all selling out, I can't see of another reason for doing it this way other than admin, unless they were getting hit for a lot of transaction fees on each race entry. In which case it also makes sense!

Apparently there was a clamour from the masses for series entry - and hopefully it makes admin easier for the extremely small team of volunteers who organise the series for our benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

What ratios is everyone running this year?

2:3

You're asking gin and tonic, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

2 parts gin to 3 tonic? I've snd lemon or pepper and cucumber? Pre or post ride...so many questions

Fixx will release more Series Entries on Wednesday at High Noon, so set a calendar reminder.
    Link: https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/form32/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/supercrosscup/posts/1278748535491110

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Thanks for the heads up Luke. Didn't get in either - was distracted with other stuff last week.

Fingers crossed I get a place in B on Wednesday. Otherwise I'll be buying a cowbell and chucking beer at you all.

i was going to buy beer and chuck a cowbell at you all if I don't get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

can somebody help me on a few questions please? i am thinking of trying a few races:

do i need to be a cycling Ireland member?
    Is there a race for guys who havent raced before (such as a b race)?
    Where do i find a calendar of races and where do I enter?
    Has anyone any recommendations for a race that would suit a beginner? I am based in Kildare.
    I have watched a few race videos, are those normal cycling shoes or something specific to cyclocross?
    Do I just turn up in with a functioning bike, helmet, licence and race or is there anything else i require?

thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement