Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

If its something thats been playing on your mind it's worth it's weight in gold to get it done penny!

Hazelnut I'm always slow to recommend this as some people think in the early stages they can do more harm than good but would you consider getting a doppler? I have one from last time and have been able to find the babies heartbeat since 9-10 weeks (some people cannot find until much much much later due to position of baby, excess weight etc and this is completely normal which is why I'm saying that can do more harm than good in the worry department). I haven't been using it much at all as I am pretty relaxed this time round, my daughter got a great kick out of it and it is reassuring to hear the little thump thump as my booking apt isn't until late.

The one thing I regret from my first pregnancy is that I didn't enjoy it more, although hindsight is a valuable thing. Granted I had bad spd and sickness but in the early stages I spent too much time worrying about things I couldn't control. That's easy for me to say having been through it though, am feeling much much better this time round and more relaxed :)

Treated myself to some black friday bargains on Asos, 20% off everything so got a few maternity bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

How are people feeling in general? I'm finding feeling normal really hard to cope with. Feeling rubbish was weirdly reassuring. My boobs are barely sore and seem less veiny. Anyone else similar? Next appointment can't come soon enough.

I'm actually on the whole feeling quite normal. My tiredness has eased and any slight nausea I've had is gone. Same as you my boobs have stopped hurting. But I'm not worried at the moment.

I have a very noticeable bump which I am doing my very best to cover up. I'm convinced that I either have my dates wrong (by about a month), am verging on becoming a raging gestational diabetic (I have no symptoms) or its multiples or my body just doesn't like me!!!

:rolleyes: Spot the drama diva :rolleyes:

Rogueish wrote: »
    I'm actually on the whole feeling quite normal. My tiredness has eased and any slight nausea I've had is gone. Same as you my boobs have stopped hurting. But I'm not worried at the moment.

I have a very noticeable bump which I am doing my very best to cover up. I'm convinced that I either have my dates wrong (by about a month), am verging on becoming a raging gestational diabetic (I have no symptoms) or its multiples or my body just doesn't like me!!!

:rolleyes: Spot the drama diva :rolleyes:

Lol I was comparing my bump this time round to last and I am definitely looking like I was when I was about 15/16 weeks on number one. My very brave husband agreed :rolleyes:

Digs wrote: »
    Lol I was comparing my bump this time round to last and I am definitely looking like I was when I was about 15/16 weeks on number one. My very brave husband agreed :rolleyes:

My hubby is the same. I'm looking 4mths plus and he's wondering if my dates are right too. This is #3 for me so it is probably my body having a laugh and telling me that it ain't ever coming back after this one.

My booking in date won't be til 17+ weeks if my memory serves me right. I think that booking in for #2 was around the 23weeks. So we have arranged a scan before Christmas hopefully it'll put the crazy lady (aka me) back in her box for another while. :D

That's a wait alright, fully entitled to your crazy lady status!! :D

A cousin of mine went for #3 and ended up with 4 kids, the shock was something else!!

Sorry doing nothing to put your mind at rest here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I think I'll hold off in the doppler for the min. If I didn't hear something that would send me into overdrive. I'm carrying some weight on my tummy so it prob wouldn't help. Someone said the GP might use it at next apt so if he does and finds heartbeat I might buy one then.

I know I should relax more but it's very hard when you've had previous miscarriages. In saying that I am doing my best. I've been fairly good the last week or so. Just have days where I feel very overwhelmed that it could all go wrong again and I over analyse everything. Doing my best to stay positive. It's so surreal at this stage when you can't feel baby move. I wish I had a little window into my tummy.

Oh and my sister went for a 4th and ended up with twins. She'd 3 under 18 months. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Went for 11 week scan all fine babies grand. I have put on hardly any weight and youd not know i am pregnant no bump and there are 2 in there. They're measuring fine but I know from last time round the serious weight gain comes in trimester 3 so I'm grand as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bonnie_

Great to hear all the updates! I'm 10+4 today. We went for a scan on Monday and thankfully all is looking fine. Great to have some reassurance that all is ok and amazing to see the little legs and arms moving about! It all feels much more real now ☺ My tiredness and nausea have eased off a bit in the last week or so. No bump as such but definitely more rounded around my tummy which I think is mainly bloating and the side effect of a very sluggish digestive system!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My hubby is the same. I'm looking 4mths plus and he's wondering if my dates are right too. This is #3 for me so it is probably my body having a laugh and telling me that it ain't ever coming back after this one.

My booking in date won't be til 17+ weeks if my memory serves me right. I think that booking in for #2 was around the 23weeks. So we have arranged a scan before Christmas hopefully it'll put the crazy lady (aka me) back in her box for another while. :D

Do you mean that you won't get to see a midwife/doctor and hace a scan until you're 17+ weeks along?

Do you mean that you won't get to see a midwife/doctor and hace a scan until you're 17+ weeks along?

I'll see my GP (I'm doing combined care) at 12 and 16 weeks but I wont see a midwife/obs til sometime after that. I'm sure if i was high risk or had any concerns I'd be seen before then.... S The 1st scan is usually at the booking in appt then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

I'll see my GP (I'm doing combined care) at 12 and 16 weeks but I wont see a midwife/obs til sometime after that. I'm sure if i was high risk or had any concerns I'd be seen before then.... S The 1st scan is usually at the booking in appt then.

I think almost everyone does combined care unless very high risk pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it's booking appointment in hospital at 12 weeks with midwife review and scan then GP at 16, hosp at 20, GP 24 and so on.

What hospital are you attending ?

shivers27 wrote: »
    I think almost everyone does combined care unless very high risk pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it's booking appointment in hospital at 12 weeks with midwife review and scan then GP at 16, hosp at 20, GP 24 and so on.

Just as a complete side note holles street for example don't do a scan at 12 weeks, the first official scan is the anomaly at 20 weeks ish. Would have thought a booking in apt whatever form it takes was normal though.

Digs wrote: »
    Just as a complete side note holles street for example don't do a scan at 12 weeks, the first official scan is the anomaly at 20 weeks ish. Would have thought a booking in apt whatever form it takes was normal though.

Oh really ? I Didn't know that about Holles Street, interesting. Even without the scan , I thought everyone attended the hospital at around 11-13 weeks. Just don't want you to miss out Rogueish

Oh really ? I Didn't know that about Holles Street, interesting. Even without the scan , I thought everyone attended the hospital at around 11-13 weeks. Just don't want you to miss out Rogueish

Midwife just found he heartbeat with the Doppler during my booking in apt last time but that was with the midwives clinic. It's gas this time my booking in apt is in the hospital apt but I actually want to go with the midwife clinic this time.... So they may do a quick scan but no official dating scan.

Definitely worth querying though alright rogueish

I did combined care with my daughter and that's the schedule I had too. My first scan was at 12+6 when I had my booking appointment.
    I attended the Coombe under semi private care.
    I'd have been very uncomfortable not having a scan or attending the hospital after those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing? I'm back to moan sorry. I thought ms had ease but oh no back worse. Was up all night getting sick or having major digestive issues (tmi sorry). I feel so horrible today don't know what's safe to eat or drink but managing to get something in. Praying for sleep, currently in bed with hot water hoping to relax me.
    Have my scan next week can't wait to tell people so I can have some help.
    I can't believe we're so close to been in the 2nd trimester

Aveen wrote: »
    Hey ladies, how's everyone doing? I'm back to moan sorry. I thought ms had ease but oh no back worse. Was up all night getting sick or having major digestive issues (tmi sorry). I feel so horrible today don't know what's safe to eat or drink but managing to get something in. Praying for sleep, currently in bed with hot water hoping to relax me.
    Have my scan next week can't wait to tell people so I can have some help.
    I can't believe we're so close to been in the 2nd trimester

Funny you mention it but I was hugging the toilet bowl last night too, my ms hasn't particularly eased off but this was another level to it. My daughter as it happens has been vomiting too which she never ever does so I'm thinking its a bug, if the level of vomiting is something you're not used to maybe it might be a bug?

Am completely wiped today. Couch and toy show is all I'm fit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Thanks, I had really bad me with my first, it seem picking up the same level ðŸ˜. I'm 11weeks & had few bad days but manageable. Off for the weekend now so relaxing as much as possible. Tiredness makes it worst too, I've been managing it by going to bed really early. Fingers I'll feel better tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

How is everyone doing x so with great intention I was watching the toy show last night I had gotten myself and hubby don't treats 2 kids were in bed I saw the opening song and that was it hubby woke me up a while later and sent me of to bed I just couldn't stay awake x

Sorry to hear about your sickness guys kinds sounds a bit like a bug tbh x hope ye fell better soon x

How is everyone doing x so with great intention I was watching the toy show last night I had gotten myself and hubby don't treats 2 kids were in bed I saw the opening song and that was it hubby woke me up a while later and sent me of to bed I just couldn't stay awake x

Sorry to hear about your sickness guys kinds sounds a bit like a bug tbh x hope ye fell better soon x

With the best of intentions I was asleep within the first half hour, caught some of the highlights the next day.

Still feeling a bit funkier than usual, tummy is really sick, still with the morning vomits and I've what feels like a ball of heartburn in my throat, nothing sounds good to eat either, am fed up of it at this stage, can't wait to enjoy a meal again. I've had the yuckiest bitter taste in my mouth since I got pregnant, haven't a clue what to do to get rid of it, it's not helping with the food aversions.

Another working week begins tomorrow, only three full ones to holidays, thank god!!!

Sorry for the whinge, probably a bit of Sunday fear mixed in!!

• Advertisement

Hi girls,
    I had my scan at 11+1 yesterday. Everything went absolutely fine :-) I had a really good experience at The Rotunda semi private clinic. The doctor was really nice and spent ages talking to us, not rushed at all.

However ... I told my mam yesterday too and her reaction was not good :-( She thinks it's far too soon ( my son is 16 months ). She kind of came around after a bit but it made me a bit sad last night. I can understand why she's a bit shocked as she minds my son 2-3 days a week so I guess she's thinking she'll have 2 small children to mind soon. We're going to re-think child care anyway so I'll explain all this to her today !

Hope you're all keeping well xx

Delighted your scan went so well Shivers and that the Rotunda staff were so nice to you. It makes a special experience all the nicer when those who are with you are lovely.

I'm sorry your mother wasn't happy or at least openly happy for you. I'm of the opinion that mine will be the same when I eventually tell her about this pregnancy. In my heart of hearts I know she will be happy for me/ us and she couldn't be more in love with my little girl and would adore another grandchild. However she will worry about me - the miscarriage this summer was difficult as you'd expect and it also caused a huge flare up of my RA. At the time my mum tried to convince me that just the one child would be enough. I get that she is my mum and so is concerned for me but I want to hear her happiness when I tell her about #2 not her worry. If I get away with not telling until Christmas Eve I'll be 15/16 weeks along then.

I've started to feel more normal- fingers crossed! Today is the first day where I haven't felt like I'm dragging myself around the place. Hopefully this is the 2nd trimester bounce!

Ahh great news Shivers!! You've had a longer wait than most of us to see your baba so enjoy the relief of it :)

I'm sure when it sinks in your Mam will be delighted, as you say it's probably the initial thoughts of possibly minding two little ones that clouded her reaction.

Oh I know exactly how you feel my mother didn't even respond when we told her I have a 3 year old a17 month old and am 13 weeks pregnant I haven't spoken to her since xx

Thanks so much guys :-) Penny yes you're right, she's just concerned and worried about me. I spoke to her today, she's still not happy but we've agreed to not talk about it for a while as it's just going to cause problems ! I hope your RA doesn't flare up too much during this pregnancy and glad to hear you're feeling "normal" again :-)

Digs yes it has felt like a life time waiting for this scan !! The relief is unreal to little one wriggling around :-)

Aw Betsie sorry to hear your having issues with your mother as well. It's hard isn't it :-( This is such good news and something to be celebrated. I hope our mammies don't take too long to realise that !

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Sorry to hear about people's reactions. That's really crap. It's great news and no doubt they will come round to the idea with time.

How is everyone feeling? Anyone else notice they're a bit leaky down below? I had 2 moments today where I could feel a small trickle and pants were a bit wet.

Yep Hazel and will be like that forever more ☺only joking haha x

Hope everyone is well, I have my 1st scan today woohoo can't wait x

Yep Hazel and will be like that forever more ☺only joking haha x

Hope everyone is well, I have my 1st scan today woohoo can't wait x

Enjoy your scan. They're so lovely. I'd love to have a little peak at my baby every day if I could.

Results of the Harmony test came through today and its all looking well. I also found out that we're having a little boy this time around.
    I thought I was really chilled out about the test but when I finished talking to the lady in the Beacon I cried. It's very lovely to know that things are looking good.
    I was convinced all along that this little one was a boy and it turns out I was right. That made me cry too, partly because my husband was really hoping for a boy this time ( not that he doesn't adore our daughter and that he wouldn't have been happy to have a healthy girl the second time out either)- just to have one of each I guess.
    He is going through a hard time at the moment too, work is dreadful for him and his dad is quite sick and we've had tough 12 months too so I'm dying for him to get home from work and I can give the good news.
    I'm also happy that this baby is a boy as it allows out little girl to still be the best girl in the ( well ours at least) world. No contest on that front for her. I'm sure there will be lots of competition for hugs and cuddles later on though.

• Advertisement

Scan went well was so nice seeing it kicking it's legs and seeing that heart beating x just amazing x

Glad the test went well for you and congratulations on your little boy xx xx

Advertisement