Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

shivers27 wrote: »
    Oooooh you have your own Doppler ?! I was very tempted to get one myself but was so afraid If I couldn't find a heart beat I would have a panic attack !! How often do you use it ?

Haha my sentiments exactly. We we're talking about getting one the other day and decided against it as I was afraid I'd end up in a state of panic if I couldn't find the heartbeat. I'm anxious enough as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oooooh you have your own Doppler ?! I was very tempted to get one myself but was so afraid If I couldn't find a heart beat I would have a panic attack !! How often do you use it ?

I do! It's a left over side affect of a worried first timer on my last pregnancy. I got it when I was about 16 weeks with her. This time round I was able to find the hb between 9-10 weeks, to be honest I haven't used it much at all this time, once a week maybe if even? I love having it for the reassurance plus it's a pretty lovely sound to hear :) I'm feeling little movements much earlier this time though so that might be why I'm not as fussed using it!

I am slow to recommend it to anyone though really who might be prone to worrying, in one way it's great for reassurance whereas on the other hand it's completely normal not to be able to hear anything until much later and this in itself can cause worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Digs wrote: »
    I do! It's a left over side affect of a worried first timer on my last pregnancy. I got it when I was about 16 weeks with her. This time round I was able to find the hb between 9-10 weeks, to be honest I haven't used it much at all this time, once a week maybe if even? I love having it for the reassurance plus it's a pretty lovely sound to hear :) I'm feeling little movements much earlier this time though so that might be why I'm not as fussed using it!

I am slow to recommend it to anyone though really who might be prone to worrying, in one way it's great for reassurance whereas on the other hand it's completely normal not to be able to hear anything until much later and this in itself can cause worry!

Yeah I honestly don't think it's for me. I'd be a worrier ! My GP had a listen and found the heartbeat straight away today. Made my day :-)

My lb will be 23 months when this baby is born so I'm looking into double buggies. Anyone have any recommendations ? I'm thinking a tandem type but not the type that the back seat is very low down close to the ground.

Oh and not very expensive :-)

have been doing some looking at doubles myself recently! My little girl will be just 3 when baby arrives and while I plan on using a sling alot for the baby I also walked the legs off myself on my last maternity leave so want a good double buggy for the pair of them for the long summer walks!

All the girls in work who've more than one rave about the out n about nipper. I've had a look at my friends and looked at a few doubles buggies in other shops and I think the out n about is def the one for us. It's apparently great for walking, is comfy for baba and is suitable for newborns

http://tonykealys.com/out-n-about-double-nipper.html/

There are some great looking ones second hand on adverts and done deal etc

• Advertisement

have been doing some looking at doubles myself recently! My little girl will be just 3 when baby arrives and while I plan on using a sling alot for the baby I also walked the legs off myself on my last maternity leave so want a good double buggy for the pair of them for the long summer walks!

All the girls in work who've more than one rave about the out n about nipper. I've had a look at my friends and looked at a few doubles buggies in other shops and I think the out n about is def the one for us. It's apparently great for walking, is comfy for baba and is suitable for newborns

http://tonykealys.com/out-n-about-double-nipper.html/

There are some great looking ones second hand on adverts and done deal etc

Oh would you believe I was looking at this exact buggy on Littlewoods and its €509 ! It's great to hear such good reviews about it. I'm wondering if it folds small ish as my car is small.

One of the girls in work who has it has a VW polo which isn't huge boot wise. Tony Kealys is a great place to go try out buggies, try them in your boot etc if you're anywhere near one? Then if it suits you could order from little woods, €509 is def the lowest price I've seen! Or pick one up second hand etc

A good few of the mums on boards have given the out n about a big thumbs up on previous posts, seems to be a popular choice :)

One of the girls in work who has it has a VW polo which isn't huge boot wise. Tony Kealys is a great place to go try out buggies, try them in your boot etc if you're anywhere near one? Then if it suits you could order from little woods, €509 is def the lowest price I've seen! Or pick one up second hand etc

A good few of the mums on boards have given the out n about a big thumbs up on previous posts, seems to be a popular choice :)

Thanks Digs,

I'll head to Tony Kealys tomorrow and have a good look xx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My lb will be 23 months when this baby is born so I'm looking into double buggies. Anyone have any recommendations ? I'm thinking a tandem type but not the type that the back seat is very low down close to the ground.

Oh and not very expensive :-)

Cosatto have a nice tandem comes with cozy nest for new born and cozytoes for the older child. They're on sale in eurobaby at the moment. My little one will be 15 months when I have this baby so don't want to spend too much as I won't be getting all that much use out of it.
    Can't stand side by sides and the ones with the seat underneath are massive and heavy.
    there's a similar one in baby's r us in blanch for a good bit cheaper with 5 star reviews on Amazon. Forget the name of it but doesn't come with cozytoes or nest which I really like about the cosatto. They're all umberella fold too which is fab :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My friend had twins the same year I had my little girl and she has the out and about nipper too and is very happy with it.

My little girl will be 21 months old when this little one is born and I was thinking of trying to get away with just a board on the back of the buggy we have. However after being out for a few walks over Christmas I realised I'm going to have to get a double buggy.
    I'm going to go for a second hand one though and will probably get the out and about if I can.
    This poor baby is going to have lots of "ah sure it'll do" stuff this time where as his big sister had everything brand new. The joy of being the first eh;)
    To be fair she is still in her cot and I don't want to move her just for the baby and its also a cot bed so it makes sense to keep it for her. My sister has a cot that she said we can have and so we'll just get a new mattress for it. We're also hoping to build our house this year so while #2 might have a second hand cot and buggy he will get a house and the first one didn't get that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

I was also considering the out and about but it's too heavy and doesn't fold very small. yes its like 12 kgs great to lift up and down different story to struggle to get it into a car boot. I saw one over Christmas with 2 small babies in it in some sort of cocoons and because of the slant in the seats the babies looked uncomfortable with their little heads lower than their legs. It would need a carrycot for infants. Besides that I think it's an ugly buggy TBH. The search for a buggy goes on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear that some of you didn't have a great Christmas due to illness. It really is miserable when you are ill and pregnant.

Thankfully I have been doing really well over the Christmas and my morning sickness is only there now occasionally at long last! I'm finally starting to put the weight back on now so I think I will have to start shopping for new clothes soon. I had a quick look in New Look but the maternity jeans looked huge. I mean I'm getting a small little bump but these one looked like you would only fit into them if you were 8 months pregnant. Where would you recommend for maternity jeans?

I will have to start looking at buggys soon. I haven't a clue which one I want so I think I will head to Eurobaby and Tony Kealys to get an idea about all the different styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

god the joys of this being my 3rd i have nothing new to get this time, bar some new baby grows etc x

i have my dr appointment on friday i cant wait to hear the heartbeat again x as for a bump i cant hide anything anymore i have a fine bump so far im full on in maternity clothes, i need to get a new uniform for work asap too haha

I'm 17+2 officially. I have my next appointment on the 19th and it will be interesting to see if I am still measuring a week ahead.
    My nausea turned into full on vomiting several times per day from the middle of December until the end of Christmas. The smell of many foods was making me hurl big time too. A few times I couldn't even change my daughter's nappy- the smell (which isn't pretty at the best of times) was too much and I had to yell for her Dad to come and deal with the situation while I grabbed the nearest bin if the bathroom was too far away.
    It seemed to have stopped from last Sunday/ Monday on wards and I was feeling better (smells still an issue though, most peculairly is roast chicken. :confused:) and had more energy. The whole way to work this morning though I had to keep the car window open and do lots of breathing deeply as I was convinced I was going to get sick again.
    On the upside of that though it means I am still fitting into most of my clothes and wear some maternity t shirts at home with my tracksuit bottoms for comfort. I haven't told work yet (would love to make it to after my appointment on the 19th) and having lost weight all along by throwing up so much its helping with that.

Appledrop my vote jeans wise goes to topshop and H&M. I wear the topshop jeans usually and the maternity are same quality. Only thing is I find their maternity range on the large size, I'm usually a 10 but need an 8 in the maternity so maybe try get to a store rather than order online for first fit! They also have differing lengths which is great as I'm tall.

H&M are great too, wear well and good value. Their leggings are my absolute favourite and only €9.99, not see through at all.

Have been treating myself clothes wise more so on this pregnancy than last. Doesn't help I'm following Pippa o Connor on Instagram who is terrible at leading me astray and spending my money!

Talking about clothes girls I ordered clothes last week from asda such good value and good quality delivery to Ireland is only 5pound I bought some baby grows and vests too ðŸ˜

In the GP this evening and thankfully all is well. Although baba tried to scare the life outta me. Doc couldn't find heartbeat on the doppler for ages. I nearly died. Thankfully found it in the end and it was good and fast. Bump measuring on track too. Uterus is at my bellybutton now.

Starting to relax and get excited. Bought a few bits in lidl baby special. It's the first thing we've bought so big step for us. Been too nervous before now.

Big scan in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it. Hopefully all goes well.

How's everyone feeling?

Its a lovely experience to start buying a few things for your baby especially your first. I loved it anyway. The Lidl and Aldi stuff is actually quite good and not just for babies. I bought my little girl a few double layered cardigans there at the start of the winter and they were for next to nothing price wise and look lovely and are really warm.

My sickness seems to have abated thankfully. It felt like it was going to go on forever. The upside of that though is that I'm sitting here at work now 18/19 weeks gone and still in my own clothes. I'm not planning on telling my boss until after my next OBGYN appointment on the 19th and not looking at all pregnant (other than suddenly having massive boobs:o) is helping out a lot on that score.
    I was at my GPs yesterday for bloods and had a check of baby's heartbeat which was lovely to hear as always. Things seem to be going very well thankfully.

I think my spd is starting to show, I'm so fed up, was hoping I'd get away with it this time. So afraid it'll be as bad as my first pregnancy and with a toddler I just don't know how I'd cope. Hopefully it won't be. Have the pelvic brace and trying all techniques from last time again although to be honest nothing much helped me previously, or kept me off crutches!! My mum keeps sending me mindfulness quotes, trying to promote a positive mental attitude haha!

Haven't been sleeping great as I'm a bit uncomfortable at night, starting yoga today at lunch time and hoping that'll provide some relief.

Tried the Doppler last night and heartbeat is banging away very high up now compared to where it started. It's just amazing :)

All the previous weight loss seems to have done for me is pronounce my round little bump and exaggerate skinny arms and legs, I definitely cannot get away with it anymore!

I think my spd is starting to show, I'm so fed up, was hoping I'd get away with it this time. So afraid it'll be as bad as my first pregnancy and with a toddler I just don't know how I'd cope. Hopefully it won't be. Have the pelvic brace and trying all techniques from last time again although to be honest nothing much helped me previously, or kept me off crutches!! My mum keeps sending me mindfulness quotes, trying to promote a positive mental attitude haha!

Haven't been sleeping great as I'm a bit uncomfortable at night, starting yoga today at lunch time and hoping that'll provide some relief.

Tried the Doppler last night and heartbeat is banging away very high up now compared to where it started. It's just amazing :)

All the previous weight loss seems to have done for me is pronounce my round little bump and exaggerate skinny arms and legs, I definitely cannot get away with it anymore!

Poor poor you with SPD. Its truly hateful. I had it last time around from 8 weeks and it didn't go until I gave birth. Thankfully I managed not to be on crutches but it was horrid nonetheless.
    So far I seem to have escaped, I've had the odd flare up and some bad pain down the back of the right side of my pelvis but I've been able to manage it with exercise and acupuncture. I found yoga helped the last time too.
    Not getting a proper nights sleep is a killer too. Its bad enough how pregnancy affects your sleep but the SPD and even the slightest hint of movement is enough to wake you up. The Berlin Wall of pillows helped me too.
    Really hope you get some relief from it.

I'm almost half way through my pregnancy now that I think of it. My daughter was born at 36 weeks and so if this little one is of the same opinion as his sister then all too soon I'll have less to go than I have already done!.
    How far along are you Digs?

• Advertisement

Thanks penny, it's a killer isn't it! My husband had me wedged with the pillows alright last night, just back from yoga and I feel really good, my body weighs a tonne weight and I feel I could do with a nap but I really enjoyed it.

Thats gas I'm 18 weeks today but my daughter stayed put until 42 weeks so another 3 weeks and I'll be half way, unless this baby is more anxious to meet its parents :)

Thanks penny, it's a killer isn't it! My husband had me wedged with the pillows alright last night, just back from yoga and I feel really good, my body weighs a tonne weight and I feel I could do with a nap but I really enjoyed it.

Thats gas I'm 18 weeks today but my daughter stayed put until 42 weeks so another 3 weeks and I'll be half way, unless this baby is more anxious to meet its parents :)

Fingers crossed s/he is more anxious to come out and say hi to everyone.
    My outlook on that is once I hit 35 weeks I'm more than happy for the baby to be born. All the vital growing and minding needed on the inside is done by then.
    Imagine if I go over this time:eek: I'll go nuts. I'm absolutely convinced (and not without a little medical encouragement too I might add) that I won't make it to my due date this time either.

When I was going to bed last night and getting pillow a,b,c and d (the others will come later) in position my husband just said "goodnight then, I suppose I'll see you on the other side of the wall in a few months"

I'm surrounded by pillows too my SPD has arrived had it late on my 1st 2nd without it and here nice and early on the 3rd I have been advised to see a chiropractor after getting a couple of names off my gp yesterday so just to make the appointment and see does it help x

I have also cut down to 3 day weeks in work the exhaustion was killing me x

I always say there's a special corner of heaven reserved for women who go past their due date, and a whole room for their husbands!! :D

It's funny if my lady is snug in her bed wild horses can't drag her out of it, personality is definitely formed in the womb I think, she won't be rushed on anything :)

Hi girls, sorry to hear you're suffering with SPD .It sounds horrible :-(

I had my private scan on Saturday .It's was fantastic. We're having another little boy :-) He was so active and from what she could see, everything looked good :-)

When I was going to bed last night and getting pillow a,b,c and d (the others will come later) in position my husband just said "goodnight then, I suppose I'll see you on the other side of the wall in a few months"

Haha love this. My OH was giving out about the pillow barrier too.

I've found my knees really aching in my sleep. I've a pregnancy pillow that I put along my belly and between my knees. Just thought it was a random part to ache. Sounds minimal compared to all your spd woes.

Have found myself on my back more than I'd like to. I was never a back sleeper, more of a side sleeper but it's like my body goes oh you can't sleep on your back anymore? ha I'll see about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bonnie_

Congrats Shivers on another little boy! My scan is another 3 weeks away, still undecided about whether or not to find out the gender, this is our first so might be nice to leave it as a surprise but can see the benefits of finding out too! Have a GP appointment next week so will be good to get a check up to make sure all is well. My last appointment was with the Domino midwife in early December which was pretty straightforward.

Just did a bit of reading on SPD, I wasn't familiar with the term, it does not sound like fun at all, sorry Digs and Betsie, hopefully the chiropractor can help with it. No real complaints here. Tiredness and nausea have improved with the help of lots of rest over Christmas. Trying not to overdo it now I'm back at work. I'm in an office based job but it can be pretty stressful with fairly long hours. I've noticed my bump is starting to grow in the past couple of weeks, I'm still fitting into most of my clothes but will probably make a trip to H&M this weekend to pick up a few maternity basics so I can be comfortable!

Ah brilliant shivers! Brothers - that's so exciting :)

Bonnie H&M maternity leggings are life changing!

my husband got a great kick out of your husbands comment penny, I think they like to know they're not alone! (I am currently surrounded by my fort of pillows happy as a pig in muck!)

Hi girls, sorry to hear you're suffering with SPD .It sounds horrible :-(

I had my private scan on Saturday .It's was fantastic. We're having another little boy :-) He was so active and from what she could see, everything looked good :-)

Aww congratulations. A boy for my boy. Delighted everything went well.

• Advertisement

I'm surrounded by pillows too my SPD has arrived had it late on my 1st 2nd without it and here nice and early on the 3rd I have been advised to see a chiropractor after getting a couple of names off my gp yesterday so just to make the appointment and see does it help x

I have also cut down to 3 day weeks in work the exhaustion was killing me x

I do a 3 day week (Tues, Wed and Thur) and have dones since I came back from my maternity leave. It was for a few reasons, one I have RA and needed to see how being back at work would go with that and the exhaustion that comes with RA during a flare up and two, I didn't want to be away from my little girl overly much. A few days a week is good for her I think and its nice for me too not to always be someone's Mammy but doing a 3 day week is great.
    Now that I'm pregnant too I just don't think I'd have been able to cope with doing more days.

Advertisement