Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Delighted your scan went well today Betsie :-)

Penny ... A little boy, that's fantastic news. It's amazing that you know already so early :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

shivers27 wrote: »
    Delighted your scan went well today Betsie :-)

Penny ... A little boy, that's fantastic news. It's amazing that you know already so early :-)

It's pretty surreal knowing already I have to admit. When they check the bloods in the Harmony test it's your DNA they're checking and can check the gender then too. We'd have found out at the anomaly scan anyway so thought no harm in knowing earlier.
    It's 99% accurate for gender testing, imagine if it turns out to be a girl after all that :-)

It's pretty surreal knowing already I have to admit. When they check the bloods in the Harmony test it's your DNA they're checking and can check the gender then too. We'd have found out at the anomaly scan anyway so thought no harm in knowing earlier.
    It's 99% accurate for gender testing, imagine if it turns out to be a girl after all that :-)

Ps I totally forgot say that's great news that the test went well also :-)

We will also find out the gender, I love to know. I'm 99% certain it's another boy as I feel EXACTLY the same as I did when pregnant with my little boy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats on the scans girls and wow penny can't believe you can find the gender out already, congrats!!

I'm the same shivers, convinced I'm having another girl as I'm feeling the exact same, sick, break out of spots, all the old wives tales!

My husband is one of those men who is destined to be surrounded by women, henpecked! Secretly we'd be so excited for her to have a little sister but healthy baby is all that matters, time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

im the very same girls i am convinced this will be girl no. 3 the girls are taking over so we are even the dog and the cat are girls haha, i secretly would love a little boy though x

• Advertisement

Had my booking in appointment with holles street this morning, so strange to be back! Staff were fantastic as usual.

Met with Dr Keane, had previously thought I'd go with the midwives but got such a nice vibe off him Im going to stick with him, he did a scan, showed me the spine and said it was very well developed and he could rule out spina bifida and otherwise the baby looked great, good strong heartbeat :)

In and out so quickly, it was great.

Hope everyone else is well, since Saturday I feel like a fog has lifted and I'm coming out the other side, no vomiting since Friday!

Digs wrote: »
    Had my booking in appointment with holles street this morning, so strange to be back! Staff were fantastic as usual.

Met with Dr Keane, had previously thought I'd go with the midwives but got such a nice vibe off him Im going to stick with him, he did a scan, showed me the spine and said it was very well developed and he could rule out spina bifida and otherwise the baby looked great, good strong heartbeat :)

Hope everyone else is well, since Saturday I feel like a fog has lifted and I'm coming out the other side, no vomiting since Friday![/QUOTE]

Congratulations on the positive scan. Its so lovely to see your baby, I think we shold have one every morning just to say hi.;)

I got my letter for the anomoly scan for Feb 1st. I'll be 21 weeks then - well officially- I could well end up being 22 or 23 given the last few scans and gestational age they showed.

I started to feel normal / less wrecked this day last week. At first I thought it was just a one day wonder but it has lasted a week so happy days.

Thanks penny, yeah We're on cloud nine. I agree a peak every morning would be just lovely. So surreal seeking baby on the screen.

He dated me at 13 weeks today, a bit behind my original date and ahead of the date of early scan. He's sticking with 13 weeks and a due date of 14th June.

My anomaly is booked for the 28th January, feels like ages away to see baba again but Christmas should break things up nicely.

Am delighted I'm feeling better too and that it seems to be lasting. It dragged on until about 24 weeks last time which was annoying. We are going to see Santa in Rathwood this Saturday and stay in Mount Woseley for the night so I plan on throughly enjoying it!

Thanks penny, yeah We're on cloud nine. I agree a peak every morning would be just lovely. So surreal seeking baby on the screen.

He dated me at 13 weeks today, a bit behind my original date and ahead of the date of early scan. He's sticking with 13 weeks and a due date of 14th June.

My anomaly is booked for the 28th January, feels like ages away to see baba again but Christmas should break things up nicely.

Am delighted I'm feeling better too and that it seems to be lasting. It dragged on until about 24 weeks last time which was annoying. We are going to see Santa in Rathwood this Saturday and stay in Mount Woseley for the night so I plan on throughly enjoying it!

We have the same due date:D
    Enjoy Rathwood and most importantly your stay in Mount Woseley.

I'm tired after my trip to the UK at the weekend and a baby that is growing no fewer than 2 molars and they are making themselves felt big time. I have booked Thursday off as an annual leave day. Baby still going to child minders so I will kick back and take it easy on Thursday. Can't wait for it. :)

We have the same due date:D
    Enjoy Rathwood and most importantly your stay in Mount Woseley.

I'm tired after my trip to the UK at the weekend and a baby that is growing no fewer than 2 molars and they are making themselves felt big time. I have booked Thursday off as an annual leave day. Baby still going to child minders so I will kick back and take it easy on Thursday. Can't wait for it. :)

Ooooh the 14th seems to me like a good day to be born :D although if this ones like its sister I'll still be hanging out here two weeks later!!

Thursday sounds like bliss, put the feet up and enjoy it. I'm like a broken record saying this but dying for Christmas holidays to roll around, so many plans to sit, eat and relax :)

• Advertisement

Ooooh the 14th seems to me like a good day to be born :Dalthough if this ones like its sister I'll still be hanging out here two weeks later!!

Thursday sounds like bliss, put the feet up and enjoy it. I'm like a broken record saying this but dying for Christmas holidays to roll around, so many plans to sit, eat and relax :)

If mine is like its sister it will come out to play a nice 4 weeks early and be a May baby instead.

Oh girls can't wait for my Christmas holidays I'm so exhausted from the every day coming and going I can't wait to not have to rush in the mornings to stay in PJs relax and spend time with hubby and my girls x

Enjoy rathwood I was there last year it's amazing xx

I have a night away booked for myself and hubby for the end of Feb it's So far away but something to look forward too x have babysitter booked already too haha x

Hope everyone else is well, since Saturday I feel like a fog has lifted and I'm coming out the other side, no vomiting since Friday!

Dilighted everything went well for you today :-) Also glad to hear you're feeling better too. It's great to get to this point isn't it ?! Normality starting to return :-)

It really is Shivers, happy out this week :)

Made my mincemeat tonight in prep for Christmas baking, I've definitely been missing that little thing called energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I'm feeling exhausted this last week or two but work has been mental so it could just be that. I napped from 7-9pm last night and was out cold again by 1030pm.

Had GP appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time on his doppler. So relieved. Back in hospital next week. Do they scan you every appointment in the Coombe out of curiosity?

No sign of a bump yet but I'm on the heavier side as is, so my flabby tummy is disguising it if it's there. Definitely just look plump not pregnant. I don't mind as haven't really told people yet and don't want to tell work just yet.

So good to hear of everyone's scans. Here's hoping the next few months fly by without a hitch.

I'm feeling exhausted this last week or two but work has been mental so it could just be that. I napped from 7-9pm last night and was out cold again by 1030pm.

Had GP appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time on his doppler. So relieved. Back in hospital next week. Do they scan you every appointment in the Coombe out of curiosity?

No sign of a bump yet but I'm on the heavier side as is, so my flabby tummy is disguising it if it's there. Definitely just look plump not pregnant. I don't mind as haven't really told people yet and don't want to tell work just yet.

So good to hear of everyone's scans. Here's hoping the next few months fly by without a hitch.

I was semi private in the Coombe with my daughter and they did scan at each vist in the clinic but they didn't give any pictures and the machines weren't the greatest at giving clear images. Still got to see her though which was lovely.
    I'm fully private this time around and get a good scan and picture each time.

This is the "fun" part of pregnancy hazelnut :) not too uncomfortable yet and hopefully the fog of the first trimester behind ya!

This is the "fun" part of pregnancy hazelnut :) not too uncomfortable yet and hopefully the fog of the first trimester behind ya!

It still doesn't feel real to me. If you told me it was all in my head I'd believe you. I can't wait to have a proper bump and feel movement. It must be crazy. Hopefully we'll start to feel movement in another couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi ladies had my 12 week scan and all looking good with baby. It was waving it's hand and moving around loads on the scan. Measuring well also. Penny Dreadful we also decided to go with the Harmony test. I'm over 35 and decided I would prefer to get it done just in case. We have decided not to find out the sex though. It's our first baby so we don't mind either way and I think I need the surprise to get me to the end stage!

While the baby is doing well I'm not so good. I have lots nearly 10 pounds and I'm already slim so now my BMI is underweight. I'm still throwing up every morning but most days it's only once so I suppose that's an improvement on a few weeks ago but still hard for me! My consultant is excellent and is going to keep an eye on me but she thinks it should balance out. I'm back for another check/up scan at 16 weeks then the big scan at 21 weeks.

Digs I wish the 'fun' second trimester would hurry up and start as I still have no energy!

I'm revelling in it appledrop, didn't get the same treatment on the first baby so I was a bit worried it would drag on but bam since 12w4days no more vomits, just like that! I'm like a different person this week :) hopefully it'll level out for you too shortly.

Hazelnut this is my second time round and it's still as surreal as the first time, always find it hard to get my head round the fact there's a baby in there!

• Advertisement

appledrop wrote: »
    Hi ladies had my 12 week scan and all looking good with baby. It was waving it's hand and moving around loads on the scan. Measuring well also. Penny Dreadful we also decided to go with the Harmony test. I'm over 35 and decided I would prefer to get it done just in case. We have decided not to find out the sex though. It's our first baby so we don't mind either way and I think I need the surprise to get me to the end stage!

While the baby is doing well I'm not so good. I have lots nearly 10 pounds and I'm already slim so now my BMI is underweight. I'm still throwing up every morning but most days it's only once so I suppose that's an improvement on a few weeks ago but still hard for me! My consultant is excellent and is going to keep an eye on me but she thinks it should balance out. I'm back for another check/up scan at 16 weeks then the big scan at 21 weeks.

Digs I wish the 'fun' second trimester would hurry up and start as I still have no energy!

Apple drop the staff in the Beacon were really lovely and the result of the test was back with me after one week. Good luck with it.

Anyone else getting bad headaches? This week has been killer with them but again dunno if it's work or pregnancy related.

Anyone else getting bad headaches? This week has been killer with them but again dunno if it's work or pregnancy related.

Yes big time :-( I had them with my first pregnancy too ! I don't take anything for them just let it go itself. Can takes ages tho.

shivers27 wrote: »
    Yes big time :-( I had them with my first pregnancy too ! I don't take anything for them just let it go itself. Can takes ages tho.

I've just been drinking lots of water. Haven't taken paracetamol or anything yet. Wonder what causes them?

I've just been drinking lots of water. Haven't taken paracetamol or anything yet. Wonder what causes them?

Yes lots of water here too. It's the hormones that cause them. They definetley eased off after around 16/17 weeks with my first so fingers crossed !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

I had tgem in earlier weeks but now I get awful cramps awful like it I am driving I have to pull over. They're like contractions and I'm there puffing and panting through them. Yesterday my 6 year old was with me when they struck. She's very kind and asked me why are those babies so hard on you Mammy.

Getting loads of headaches here too had to go home from work with one Wednesday was so bad x

My back is also at me at the moment having to share a bed with a3 year old who is having trouble sleeping at the moment is a nightmare she is normally such a good sleeper it's killing me x

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Hi girls

I'm due my second on 9th June ... we live just north of Belfast so will be attending the Royal Maternity Hospital again.

We already have a daughter who was born in Nov 2014, so all being well we'll have our hands full in 6 months time.

Hope you're all keeping well.

Hi girls

I'm due my second on 9th June ... we live just north of Belfast so will be attending the Royal Maternity Hospital again.

We already have a daughter who was born in Nov 2014, so all being well we'll have our hands full in 6 months time.

Hope you're all keeping well.
    Cogratulations. We'll be in similar situations. My little girl is 15 months old now and #2 is officially due on June 14th.
    I was always convinced I'd go early again (was 4 weeks early last time) and whole I'm officially only 14 weeks today I'm measuring in at 14+6 at the scan and check up I had today. I've been measuring ahead consistently.

• Advertisement

Ugh I've been having bad stomach ligament pain ! Even rang the midwives today coz I was so worried. I never had it as bad as this with my lb. Although I had a mad busy morning in work with a lot of moving and lifting so that didn't help :-(

Hope everyone is keeping well xx

Advertisement