Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Just had follow up scan and thankfully all looks good. The difference in the scan in 10 days is unreal. Last time it was just a blob today it actually looks like a baby. We're a week behind so measured 8+5 today. Next appointment is the booking in appointment. Never made it this far. Absolutely buzzing now. Fingers crossed all goes well over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Just had follow up scan and thankfully all looks good. The difference in the scan in 10 days is unreal. Last time it was just a blob today it actually looks like a baby. We're a week behind so measured 8+5 today. Next appointment is the booking in appointment. Never made it this far. Absolutely buzzing now. Fingers crossed all goes well over the next few weeks.

Fantastic :-) Cannot wait to see my little bean xx

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

had another few spots of blood this morning at work this time there was 1 clot, brownish, so i rang my doctor and she said to call in, she took bloods and said to come back monday morning for more blood taking, its too early for a scan as im only 5 weeks, so i will be thinking all weekend bout it,
    she gave me a letter for the hospiotal if i need to go in with an ectoipic pregnancy in d meentime

Sorry to hear that Henwin. Fingers crossed all goes ok for you.

Aw very sorry to hear that Henwin :-( Hopefully bloods will come back ok on Monday. Mind yourself over the weekend xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Hi ladies can I join your post ☺ approx 8 weeks with my surprise 3rd pregnancy, have 2 girls at home 3 and 1 to say I'm tired is an understatement and the nausea and vomiting is here fit now anyway hopefully it will settle soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Hi ladies can I join your post ☺ approx 8 weeks with my surprise 3rd pregnancy, have 2 girls at home 3 and 1 to say I'm tired is an understatement and the nausea and vomiting is here fit now anyway hopefully it will settle soon x

Ah congrats Betsie, I recognise your name from knocking round these boards so long! You're in good company here, think we're all wrecked!

Henwin hope all is ok with you and the bleeding has stopped.

it stopped yesterday and had nothing until now where it has started again, another change i noticed is that my breasts have gone from hard and heavy to soft, i reckon this is another bad sign.
    goin in to the doctor in d morning for the 2nd blood test and shud have the results tomorrow evening. unfortunately im not tat optimistic.
    the worst thing about it is, in all our excitement we told our families last weekend, i so regret that now/

Thanks everyone I'm knocking around a while alright digs ☺

Hope everyone is doing OK x

Henwin wrote: »
    it stopped yesterday and had nothing until now where it has started again, another change i noticed is that my breasts have gone from hard and heavy to soft, i reckon this is another bad sign.
    goin in to the doctor in d morning for the 2nd blood test and shud have the results tomorrow evening. unfortunately im not tat optimistic.
    the worst thing about it is, in all our excitement we told our families last weekend, i so regret that now/

Sorry to hear things are not going to plan I had a fair bit of bleeding on my 1st and she is now a healthy 3 year old so try not to worry to much xx

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear things are not going to plan I had a fair bit of bleeding on my 1st and she is now a healthy 3 year old so try not to worry to much xx

Thanks, thats reassuring to hear, i will keep the hope alive until im told otherwise

Will keep fingers and toes crossed, I hope your resting and taking it easy x

Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed all still OK. Don't worry about telling family. In fairness, it's nice to have their support regardless of what happens.

How are people feeling? I'm 9 weeks and haven't had any nausea today and boobs aren't as tender as they have been. Trying to play it cool but it's tough as symptoms fading was what happened when I miscarried previously.

Seen a heartbeat on Friday and all looked good so trying to convince myself all is good and it's normal for these things to come and go. When do symptoms fade? I always thought it was 12 weeks so 9 seems a bit early.

Did you get the results of your 2nd blood tests ? I hope they were good xx

How are people feeling? I'm 9 weeks and haven't had any nausea today and boobs aren't as tender as they have been. Trying to play it cool but it's tough as symptoms fading was what happened when I miscarried previously.

Seen a heartbeat on Friday and all looked good so trying to convince myself all is good and it's normal for these things to come and go. When do symptoms fade? I always thought it was 12 weeks so 9 seems a bit early.

Tbh my only symptom is extreme tiredness. With my boy, my only symptom was sore boobs. Don't be worrying if you can, you saw your little bean and Friday and all was fine :-)

Henwin hope alls ok with you?

Hazelnut symptoms ebb and flow as hormones rise and fall, it's completely normal. I'm feeling consistently crappy on this pregnancy but I'm not sleeping well, I think that has a lot to do with it. I was reading back on my pregnancy diary on my first and I had many days my symptoms went away and then came back. Try not to worry. Every pregnancy is different and there's no point comparing.

I was off yesterday and myself and my little girl had a 2.5hr afternoon nap.... Pure bliss!!

Henwin hope all is OK with you x

Symptoms come and go try not to worry too much at all x

Tirdness is unreal I fell asleep watching eastenders last night hubby sent me to bed got to bed couldn't get comfortable had to get up I put on fresh sheets and got back into bed and passed out and slept through till 7 this morning it's only 11 now and in fit fit bed already x

hey the doctor rang me this morning and i was bracing myself for the worst but to my absolute shock she said the results were looking very positive, levels are still high which is a good sign. i was gobsmacked to be honest.
    anyway she faxed the hospital and they then rang me to come in for a scan tomorrow morning,
    still have the odd bit of blood being passed, im 6 and a half weeks now.
    hopefully things will be positive tomorrow, this is some rollercoaster of emotions, i feel lightheaded, no sickness,

Best of luck tmrw Henwin. I have fingers and toes crossed for you.

Still feeling good which is really worrying in a weird way. Boobs are still a bit tender so that's something. Nausea has pretty much gone. So hard not to panic. Praying that all is still OK. Next scan is in 2 weeks. Feels like forever away at the minute. Hopefully all still as it should be. It's amazing how you analyze every little thing. Pregnancy drives you demented.

• Advertisement

Best of luck henwin let us know how you get on x

Got my appointment for my 1st scan today it's the 1st Thursday in December x feels like forever away x

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Its nice to see that everyone is bumping along. Good luck to those with early scans. I know that it is hard not to overthink it but relax and try to enjoy it. As long as the time feels you will look back in the not very distant future and struggle to remember it.

I hit 7 weeks yesterday and look as if I'm 12. Courtesy of two previous pregnancies it feels like my body goes 'Oh I remember what I'm supposed to do - bleugh'. Other than that the tiredness is ... is ... zzzz.

Oh and the ditzy brain. When I'm at work and I could be speaking to give instructions and next thing I'm at a loss for basic words. Some days are worse than others. The scary thing is I don't think people have noticed - so much for being a professional.

We've had to tell my in-laws - my fault. I left my pregnancy vitamins lying about. Not just lying about but at eye level on top of the microwave which is in front of the back door. They wished us luck and hopefully will be a great backup next week at an upcoming family wedding.

I went into the G.P. to make a booking in appt for the week after next and ended up being taken straight away. So that's the booking in sorted. I am going public and doing combined care. Same as the last two.

Good luck everybody!

Hope your scan went ok Henwin :-)

I too am feeling massive !! I'm 7+3 and am very big. I can kind of hide it in my own clothes but look rediculous in my work uniform. I gonna have to buy the next size ! I pretty sure work know I'm pregnant. Haven't actually said it to anyone yet.

3.5 weeks to my scan, I'll be 11 weeks then all going well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all,
    So I'm 6 wks, 3 days on my first after ttc for about 6 months. Feel a bit queasy and anxious and I'm convinced it's the pregnacare. Nipples are very tender and I'm exhausted but otherwise managing grand.

I'm really lucky that we have a quiet social calendar for November and a lot on at work. I'm also doing a Post Grad so I'm sure everyone will buy the "too busy for boozing".

I rang a recommended consultant in Cork Louise Kenny today and she's booked out. The receptionist mentioned a few more but I said I'd ring back once I'd a think. Anyone have any other suggestions for CUMH? I asked about the payment structure also and apparently it's 50% upfront with
    Little flexibility. Good job I won't be wasting money gallivanting!

Looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone. This is my first ever post on a discussion board!

scan went great, we saw the heartbeat, nothing showed on the belly scan so they had to insert that unfortable yoke, im going back in 2 weeks for another/, im 6w5d now so will the belly scan work next time i wonder
    relief beyond belief

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

scan went great, we saw the heartbeat, nothing showed on the belly scan so they had to insert that unfortable yoke, im going back in 2 weeks for another/, im 6w5d now so will the belly scan work next time i wonder
    relief beyond belief

Thats great news that the scan went well again.
    When I had mine last week (it seems forever ago now) the baby did show up on the abdominal scan but to have more accurate dating I had to have a transvaginal scan too. I didn't really mind as it was going to confirm things further.
    I'm back next Tuesday afternoon when I will hopefully be 9 weeks on the nose.

I've been flattened with tiredness and nausea over the last week / 10 days. Today my tummy is so bloated for some reason that I look about 20 weeks pregnant. I really don't want to tell work until I absolutely have to - I'm hoping to get away with not telling until just before we break for Christmas and then I'll be 15 weeks. I might not get away with that though although last time I made it to 19 weeks before I told and it was great. This time around though my body is not willing to play along. It would seem that its terribly anxious to get going in terms of expanding belly and boobs.

Great news henwin! :)

Congrats Henwin I'm delighted for you. Such great news. Both early scans I had recently were transvaginal. I've had so many at this stage they don't phase me.

My nausea is pretty much non existent these days. Trying to stay as positive as possible and tell myself it's normal. Boobs are still full and a bit tender so hopefully all is still progressing as it should be. Booking in scan is another week and a half away.

I desperately need to get my hair done but even the thoughts of leaning my head back gets my stomach heaving, not to mention the smells .... Am hoping it lifts soon, food hasn't tasted good in weeks.

Feel like I'm functioning at about 50% these days

• Advertisement

relief beyond belief

That's the best news :-) Absolutely delighted for you xx

Advertisement