Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I've been getting it worse this time round too shivers. Really really intense pain. Mind yourself and don't go too mad with the lifting!

Grand otherwise, 4 working days left for me.... Woo hoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Thanks Digs :-) Yep I definitely learnt my lesson after today in work. I'll be minding myself better from now on.

Would you believe i only have tomorrow left in work then off till Jan 6th :-) I had holidays to take before the end of the year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Sorry I didn't reply to you ladies. Work was mental, I was away for a few days and I can't multiquote off my phone.

I hope that everyone is keeping well and it has been great to hear how everyone is getting on.
    Do you mean that you won't get to see a midwife/doctor and hace a scan until you're 17+ weeks along?
    shivers27 wrote: »
    I think almost everyone does combined care unless very high risk pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it's booking appointment in hospital at 12 weeks with midwife review and scan then GP at 16, hosp at 20, GP 24 and so on.

What hospital are you attending ?

Yes that was the case with my first pregnancy in 2009/2010. I wasn't called to the antenatal clinic until I was 17weeks. On my second pregnancy in 2013 I wasn't called until 20ish weeks. I saw the GP at 12 weeks, 16 weeks and then alternated after the first booking appointment.

I was and am attending Kilkenny Antenatal. However this time things have changed. I had my booking appt earlier on today (at 13+1 weeks) - history, bloods, scan etc., the whole shebang. It went really well I even have a provisional date for the birth. :D BUT I am not back with the antenatal clinic until 28weeks. I have to follow up with my G.P every four weeks until then. It seems that things have changed and more of the responsibility has been put off onto the G.P.

I have to say that I was very nervous going in this time. The whole debate regarding calling for a referendum over the eigth amendment of the consitution. The voices and stories of the men and women affected by fatal foetal abnormalities need to be heard but sometimes it brings tears to my eyes and tightens the heartstrings. Plus so many of you have been affected by miscarriage. I look at myself and say that the odds are against me having three healthy pregnancies in a row. ANYWAY thankfully everything is ok.

As for my little Drama Diva outburst a few weeks ago :rolleyes:. My dates were spot on, there is only one baby in there, there is no sign of gestational diabetes so in other words I am just turning into a big pregnant blob :eek:
    Screamer wrote:
    I had tgem in earlier weeks but now I get awful cramps awful like it I am driving I have to pull over. They're like contractions and I'm there puffing and panting through them. Yesterday my 6 year old was with me when they struck. She's very kind and asked me why are those babies so hard on you Mammy.

Quinine tonic water (the yellow label schwepps) is great for reducing cramps. Try 200mls once or twice per day. Unfortunately it is without the gin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Ugh I've been having bad stomach ligament pain ! Even rang the midwives today coz I was so worried. I never had it as bad as this with my lb. Although I had a mad busy morning in work with a lot of moving and lifting so that didn't help :-(

Hope everyone is keeping well xx

I'm having it worse this time around too. You think it would be easier, surely the ligaments stretch easier with subsequent pregnancies.

Thanks Digs :-) Yep I definitely learnt my lesson after today in work. I'll be minding myself better from now on.

Would you believe i only have tomorrow left in work then off till Jan 6th :-) I had holidays to take before the end of the year :-)

Christmas holidays rock. I'm in work today, parental leave tomorrow and Monday. Work on Tuesday and then thats it until January 5th. I cannot wait!

My nausea is back. Felt really nauseated on Tuesday evening. The smell of food, any food at all was really bothering me. Went to bed and then when I tried to have breakfast yesterday (boring old porridge) I threw it up again.
    Had to pull the car over this morning on the way to work to throw up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Oh Penny that sounds awful. I hate puking. I still feel nauseous on occasion but on the whole I'm feeling ok. Still wrecked tired in the evenings and latest symptom is really intense headaches at the base of my skull.

Had appointment with consultant in hospital yday and he was really lovely and put my mind at ease. Scan was so much clearer this time. Could see the baby moving it's legs and arms around and he even gave me a little picture to keep. It's the best one yet.

When do you have to start sleeping on your side? I'm finding it really hard. Keep waking up on my back.

• Advertisement

Think that's a personal one hazelnut. I know ideally you're supposed to sleep on your left side but realistically I toss and turn so much I may start on my left but end up where I end up.... I won't lose sleep over it (pardon the pun!). Some people seem to be more particular about it.

In the third trimester sleep can get pretty uncomfortable so trying to stick religiously to one position would be pure torture!

Digs wrote: »
    Think that's a personal one hazelnut. I know ideally you're supposed to sleep on your left side but realistically I toss and turn so much I may start on my left but end up where I end up.... I won't lose sleep over it (pardon the pun!). Some people seem to be more particular about it.

In the third trimester sleep can get pretty uncomfortable so trying to stick religiously to one position would be pure torture!

I hear ya. I toss and turn a lot too but feel like I'm sleeping more on my back than usual.I definitely find left side is my least favourite. Typical. I'll have to invest in a pregnancy pillow and see if it helps.

I hear ya. I toss and turn a lot too but feel like I'm sleeping more on my back than usual.I definitely find left side is my least favourite. Typical. I'll have to invest in a pregnancy pillow and see if it helps.

Its funny how some things are harder for some people than others. My left side has always been my favourite and pregnant or not I tend to sleep on that side anyway.
    When I go to bed I lie on my back with a heated cushion underneath as it helps a lot if I'm sore. I turn on my side for sleeping though.
    Those pregnancy cushions are the business. I had one last time and it was great with helping any pelvic discomfort and then when the bump got bigger it helped to support it at night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I would be lost without my pregnancy pillow I love it gives me so much comfort

Hope everyone if keeping well and is all set for Christmas

I'm hoping Santa brings me a new pillow for Christmas! My first one has served me well but has seen better days!!

Feeling little flutters and tickles the last few days, so much earlier than first time round. Definitely the best part of pregnancy :)

All set for Christmas in my camp and looking forward to putting the feet up. Great excitement here as my little one is really buying into Santa this year, don't know who's more excited, us, her or her grandparents!!

Hope everyone else is well :)

• Advertisement

Officially I'm 14+6 but measuring at 15+6 now. Told some of our friends on Sunday at a Christmas dinner thingy we do each year. They were all delighted for us which was lovely. Going to tell our respective families over the Christmas holidays, mine on Christmas Eve and my in laws on St. Stephen's Day.
    Spent all of last week feeling nauseated, throwing up, wrecked, etc. Thankfully from Saturday on wards I wasn't as bad and now I'm only having stretching discomfort as the baby grows. Sometimes I think I can feel him moving about in there but its possibly too fluttery and light for it to be really felt. I am looking forward to being able to feel him for sure. Its the nicest thing about being pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi Ladies hope your all set for Christmas. I finished up work yesterday so have spent today tidying the house and getting all the last minute things ready! We got our results back from the Harmony test and all looks good so that was a great relief. My energy levels have really picked up in the last week or so which is a good job or I would have nothing in for Christmas!

I'm 15 weeks now but still getting sick at least once a day mainly in the morning but the all day nausea I suffered for 6 weeks is not there most days thankfully. We have told all our family and close friends now so looking forward to catching up with everyone over the Christmas.

Enjoy the celebrations everyone. Merry Christmas!

I've been off all this week so have had lots of time to get organised and Not back to work till Jan 6th :-) I even ventured into town on my oneo today while my mam minded my lo. It actually wasn't too busy early in the day. I got a lovely pair of jeans in mothercare , were €56 down to €8 !!

I booked a private 3D scan for Jan 9th and seriously can't wait for it !! I'll be 17 weeks then. I had one with my lb at 17 weeks as well and it was AMAZING :-) We will find out the sex again but this time we are going to keep it to ourselves. Well I'll tell you guys !

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas xx

Wow 8 euro that's fantastic I must venture in after Christmas I got rid of my maternity clothes after the last one didn't think I'd need them again ðŸ˜

Enjoy your 3d scan had one on my 1st amazing is all I can say x

Hope ye all have as wonderful Christmas and here's to 2016 and wonderful new editions

Hey, how are people feeling? Anyone else feel like their stomach changes as the day goes on? I'm 17 weeks now. Start of the day my bump is barely noticeable and stomach is still quite soft. By the end of the day I feel like it sticks out so much it hurts and it's rock hard.

I'm also finding I get really uncomfortable sitting for any length of time and I'm constantly shifting position because it feels like my parts are being compressed. I'm taking this all as a good sign of things growing. Definitely feel like there's something in the way if I try bend etc.. And stomach muscles feel like I've been doing sit ups by the end of the day.

Anyone else relate to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

That's common with the bump getting bigger as the day goes on, you retain fluid during the day and everyone gets bigger/heavier, so a bump really shows it up, bloating also.

All normal what you're describing Hazelnut Button!

I feel like I've been hit with the back of a bus, although coming out the other end now. Picked up an awful chest infection, worst cough I've ever had, had me vomiting a few times a day, couldn't keep anything down....not quite the Christmas I envisaged. Instead of happily piling on a few christmas pounds I've lost weight. Got an antibiotic and I seem to be on the mend. Sick and pregnant is no joke, I may as well have been eating skittles for all the good paracetemol does!

16w+1 here, time is flying by all of a sudden!! Hope everyone else is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Hi Ladies, hope all had nice Christmas, I'd a lovely one was able to eat a small dinner :-). My sickness got so bad from week 7, I'm 15wks this week, doc give me antibotics last weeek cause she felt I'd an infection from been repeatly sick. Pretty similar to the last pregnacy I've a feeling it's another boy, either I'll be happy with a healthy baby.
    My stomach doing the same, definitly a bump(bloated) stomach more this time, shopping time :-)

bump is most def bump now x had a bad christmas with my youngest she has been so off form with teeth and a bad cough and cold and just gerenally miserable she was so off form and wingy all the time, im back to work tomorrow i work in a dental practice that has been closed since christmas eve its going to be mental tomorrow cant believe the christmas break is over :(

hope ye are all doing ok xx when is everyone going back for their next scan x im going back to my gp next week and back to the hospital the 28th x

hope ye are all doing ok xx when is everyone going back for their next scan x im going back to my gp next week and back to the hospital the 28th x

I'm due back in GP in the next week or 2 and I'm back in the hospital on 26th for big scan. Anyone tempted to find out the sex?

• Advertisement

Yes and no I have thought about it but this odd out last baby so a surprise would be nice too xx

It's our first. We're both undecided about finding out. I like the idea of a surprise but I could cave on the day too.

I'm 18wks today. Just wondering when did you guys feel movement on your first? Any first timers feeling movement yet? I don't think I've felt anything yet. I thought I might have felt something the other day but think it was gas in the end. Very windy at the min, tmi. What did the first flutters feel like for you guys?

bump is most def bump now x had a bad christmas with my youngest she has been so off form with teeth and a bad cough and cold and just gerenally miserable she was so off form and wingy all the time, im back to work tomorrow i work in a dental practice that has been closed since christmas eve its going to be mental tomorrow cant believe the christmas break is over :(

I'm supposed to be at my gp sometime in the next week but not sure i could be bothered going! My big scan is 28th January and I've a hospital apt a few days later, can't wait for big scan!!

On my 1st I was 21 weeks before i felt movement I'm now 17 weeks and feeling flutters this is my 3rd though,

Looking forward to my scan 28th too x

What hospital is everyone going to? I'm going to clonmel x

Ah ok... Probably another couple of weeks before I feel anything so. Can't wait to feel it. Think I'll finally be able to relax once that happens.

I'm going to the Coombe. They've been brilliant so far.

Oh feeling your baby move is amazing best feeling ever xx

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

I live just north of Belfast so I'm attending The Royal Maternity hospital. They were brilliant last time so I'm completely content going back there again.

I'm 17 +3 now, time flying in already it seems.

Hope you're all feeling good :)

Hey everyone :-) Sorry to hear some of you didn't have great Christmases between sickness yourself and sick children. Mine was nice and quiet just how I like it.

Hazelnut ... I didn't feel movement with my lb until I was around 21 weeks. Best feeling ever. I'm 16 weeks today and not feeling anything yet.

Digs ... I'm going to the GP tomorrow. I would definetley recommend going. They'll check your BP, urine and most importantly listen to babies heart beat :-)

I have my 20 week scan Feb 1st in The Rotunda. Can't wait. Also have a private scan this Saturday :-) Super excited ! Will definetley be finding out the sex of the baby.

I'm Not back to work till Wednesday so enjoying my last few days off :-)

Oh enjoy your last few days shivers! I'm back at my desk, where did that week and a half go??

I have a Doppler at home so am completely spoiled when it comes to listening to babies heartbeat :) Think that's why I'm not so fussed about the GP! She did all those checks when I got the antibiotic over Christmas so I'm just being lazy....will see how the week goes and decide then!

It's gas on baby number one I was counting down days till appointments etc I'm ridiculously laid back this time!

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Oh enjoy your last few days shivers! I'm back at my desk, where did that week and a half go??

I have a Doppler at home so am completely spoiled when it comes to listening to babies heartbeat :) Think that's why I'm not so fussed about the GP! She did all those checks when I got the antibiotic over Christmas so I'm just being lazy....will see how the week goes and decide then!

It's gas on baby number one I was counting down days till appointments etc I'm ridiculously laid back this time!

Oooooh you have your own Doppler ?! I was very tempted to get one myself but was so afraid If I couldn't find a heart beat I would have a panic attack !! How often do you use it ?

Advertisement