Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

dodzy wrote: »
    amazon.de had them for €9.99 last week. Did yours not come with one?

Philips stopped sending them for free about a year ago me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Guys ive set up a thread, hopefully some of you can come and join and share your recipes/chat/tips as this is more a bargain alerts thread.

Plus, ive done three attempts at making chips and all three have been a disaster, so i'd love some cooking tips and advice from everyone on here that swears by these cause im just not convinced yet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98812594#post98812594

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Doge wrote: »
    Philips stopped sending them for free about a year ago me thinks.
    ANy chance of that traced outline please Doge? Not rushing you just in case you missed my post as it was the last one on the previous page:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thargor wrote: »
    ANy chance of that traced outline please Doge? Not rushing you just in case you missed my post as it was the last one on the previous page:D

X6fusJb.jpg

Sorry, my dogely instincts seemed to have kicked in there for a moment! :pac:

I didn't trace it but I'm thinking this should do if you cut it out?

http://imgur.com/X93CzRU

Now explain to us what sort of Voodoo Magic you're going to use to create such a thing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im keeping it simple and thinking a hacksaw and the pile of old baking trays in our shed! Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hi guys, just a quick question for anyone that upgraded from the standard digital philips airfryer to the XL one,
    I got mine on the Amazon.de lightening deal last week and it arrived Monday so last night was my first time using it and boy is it noisy!

Obviously I'm comparing it to my previous Airfryer which was just a low him like an extractor fan when in use but this one I actually quickly turned off because I thought I might have left some packaging in that was hitting off the fan, but alas there wasn't.

So just wondering if anyone else upgraded like myself and find it noisy. I really don't want to have to send it all the way back to Germany.

I'm gonna post this in the other airfryer thread also.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This is a very cheap air fryer and seems quite well rated

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonShef-Litre-Fryer-1230W-Healthier/dp/B015RC56LI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1456312283&sr=8-9&keywords=airfryer

Comes to €77.75 including shipping to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hi guys, just a quick question for anyone that upgraded from the standard digital philips airfryer to the XL one,
    I got mine on the Amazon.de lightening deal last week and it arrived Monday so last night was my first time using it and boy is it noisy!

Obviously I'm comparing it to my previous Airfryer which was just a low him like an extractor fan when in use but this one I actually quickly turned off because I thought I might have left some packaging in that was hitting off the fan, but alas there wasn't.

So just wondering if anyone else upgraded like myself and find it noisy. I really don't want to have to send it all the way back to Germany.

Thanks.

I have both and don't find it that much different. Beautiful piece of kit. With both now, that's the oven well and truly retired. Steaks and chunky Aldi select oven chips last night. The stuff dreams are made of:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks.

How much did you get it for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Barr wrote: »
    How much did you get it for ?

It was €184 with delivery on the German site last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Oat23 wrote: »
    It was €184 with delivery on the German site last week.

Good price , I 'd imagine this model is the one to go for if you are trying to cook for 4 people.

The others seem to have small enough capacity.

Barr wrote: »
    Good price , I 'd imagine this model is the one to go for if you are trying to cook for 4 people.

The others seem to have small enough capacity.

To cook 4 good size portions for 4 adults, you need 2 fryers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are loads of youtube videos showing the standard and the XL, so you can get an idea of the size. I saw a whole chicken easily fit in the XL.

I've cooked a whole chicken in mine (XL) and it was the best roasted chicken I've ever had.

I ate the whole chicken in the end. :o

I've cooked a whole chicken in mine (XL) and it was the best roasted chicken I've ever had.

I ate the whole chicken in the end. :o
    Out of interest, how long did you give it ?

dodzy wrote: »
    Out of interest, how long did you give it ?

30 at 200C and 15 at 180C if I remember right.

Before I cooked it I poked holes in it all over and left it sitting in the fridge in a pot of random stuff I had lying around. There was onions, garlic, pepper, salt and a few other things that I boiled for 30 minutes. That definitely made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

30 at 200C and 15 at 180C if I remember right.

Before I cooked it I poked holes in it all over and left it sitting in the fridge in a pot of random stuff I had lying around. There was onions, garlic, pepper, salt and a few other things that I boiled for 30 minutes. That definitely made a difference.

Sounds bloody tasty.

Advertisement