Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

padair wrote: »
    This is now 49 pounds on Amazon with free delivery to ROI. Enjoy. I got this a couple of months ago and am loving it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_2&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Wont be in stock til the 8th of december now, it was the 1st of december a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Comes up as £99 when added to basket

Edit: looks like the price went back up as I was ordering. Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Folks, bought this in currys for 109 yesterday. No divider in it.

Is that a big deal and do you know where one is available?

Cooked chips last night and very, very happy with them (we had been oven backing them after par-boiling them)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Divider never made it to Europe apparently, US and Asia only, cheap cnuts, it would have been handy aswell, just to separate moist meat from dry chips etc. Might take a crack at making one out of sheet metal in my fathers shed at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I got one when I bought mine - though that was 3 years ago. It's no big deal - I wouldn't worry about it. I never use it any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Dodge wrote: »

Cooked chips last night and very, very happy with them (we had been oven backing them after par-boiling them)

My parents have one without a divider and often cook two things at once in it with no hassle.

Its worth noting that the one on Currys is a different model with the digital display and is currently £119.99 on amazon so its a pretty good deal in Currys

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

got one online that was a great price and the reviews are great

€113 delivered from currys (the cork store was sold out but there was stock in Blanch)

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Its worth noting that the one on Currys is a different model with the digital display and is currently £119.99 on amazon so its a pretty good deal in Currys

Cheers, yeah we got the digital model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I have a code for the digital one from Currys in Liffey Valley if anyone wants it? Must collect it by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,817 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no divider in mine but just cooked striploin and chips there it is was perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 KieranY8

The digital one?

Hmm...says on the curry's site that it's included?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Dumb question.
    Will an average full size chicken, fit in the Curry's digital one.

KieranY8 wrote: »
    The digital one?

Hmm...says on the curry's site that it's included?

Site was wrong. Nothing on the box/instructions either so it's not "missing", just not part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buddyhol

Site was wrong. Nothing on the box/instructions either so it's not "missing", just not part of it

I checked the currys one in store and the divider was in it. If you phone them they might order it for you because it was included in the digital one. I was hoping to get the xl in white from Amazon but they didn't reduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

I checked AMAZON, and this fryer is cheaper then the Phillips .... any opinions if its worth it? 113 EUR all in (Postage included)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FQKCSAY/ref=psdc_3147531_t2_B0042EU3A2

Great reviews anyway, let us know what its like if you get it.

CFC1969 wrote: »
    I checked AMAZON, and this fryer is cheaper then the Phillips .... any opinions if its worth it? 113 EUR all in (Postage included)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FQKCSAY/ref=psdc_3147531_t2_B0042EU3A2

Currys have the airfryer for 109 http://www.currys.ie/product/hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

shuffles88 wrote: »

Hi

I ordered the above yesterday but this one - http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/tefal-gh806115-actifry-plus-fryer-white/317448/396.2.9#ctl00_ctl00__nestedContent__mainpageContent_ProductFamilyDetailsView1_liProductDetails

Is now the same price - its 1.2kg capacity vs the 0.8 with the Philips but doesn't have an adjustable thermostat. We're 2 adults and 3 young kids - am I mad getting the smaller one?? I've heard great things about the Philips one but very little about the tefal one??

The tefal one is also only in white which is putting me off!!

Any advise??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered the above yesterday but this one - http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/tefal-gh806115-actifry-plus-fryer-white/317448/396.2.9#ctl00_ctl00__nestedContent__mainpageContent_ProductFamilyDetailsView1_liProductDetails

Is now the same price - its 1.2kg capacity vs the 0.8 with the Philips but doesn't have an adjustable thermostat. We're 2 adults and 3 young kids - am I mad getting the smaller one?? I've heard great things about the Philips one but very little about the tefal one??

Any advise??
    I had the Tefal for two years. It done the job well only downside was parts kept breaking. I replaced the paddle ,the rim guard and the plastic top. It was a bit like Triggers brush in Fools and Horses. The plastic lid is very hard to keep clean. I bought the Philips and the difference was amazing. The best chips ever be it from frozen or fresh potatoes. The Philips wins hands down . I bought a second fryer a Russel Hobbs from Power City it was on offer and about 95% as good as the Philips. Not much in the difference between the two except the Philips would be a minute or two faster.

Hi

Any advise??

you'll regret getting the smaller one if you're feeding five
    unless the kids are very young I doubt very much you would get enough chips in it for all of ye
    i filled it and had enough chips for myself and two four year olds

had a tefal for a week it was find also in that the food tasted every bit as good
    how long it may last is another thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

mailburner wrote: »
    you'll regret getting the smaller one if you're feeding five
    unless the kids are very young I doubt very much you would get enough chips in it for all of ye
    i filled it and had enough chips for myself and two four year olds

had a tefal for a week it was find also in that the food tasted every bit as good
    how long it may last is another thing

Hi

The kids are very young - 2, 3 and 6. Also the childminder tends to give them their main meal so really its just myself and my husband in the evenings and I'm hoping that if we are making chips for the whole family (which wouldn't happen often) then because they cook fast, the 2nd batch will cook while we're eating the first - well that's my logic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

Hi

The kids are very young - 2, 3 and 6. Also the childminder tends to give them their main meal so really its just myself and my husband in the evenings and I'm hoping that if we are making chips for the whole family (which wouldn't happen often) then because they cook fast, the 2nd batch will cook while we're eating the first - well that's my logic!!
    The Philips take about 20 minute for chips fresh and about 22 frozen. The Tefal takes about 28 minutes depending on quantity. The downside with the larger capacity in the Tefal is the more you put in the longer it takes and with large quantities of chips they tend to get mashed up with the paddle.

Hi

in that case go for it, you wont regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

mailburner wrote: »
    in that case go for it, you wont regret it
    Halogen ovens are often compared to the airfryers, think they have a bigger capacity and the cooking times are similar, halogen might be a few minutes longer but more versatile. There is probably better value around than the one in the link below, I got that one for €20 less a few weeks ago. Just to give you another option.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2268826.htm?cmpid=COJUN&storeId=10152&_%24ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.ie%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F2268826.htm&referrer=COJUN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hi

Any advise??

I was given an Actifry a couple of years ago. It's a great machine but, in my opinion, you're somewhat limited in what you can cook in it. The paddle has a tendency to break up anything delicate you put in it. Good for the likes of chips or sausages etc., but I'd imagine it would break up fish or larger food.

The paddle in the actifrys isn't mandatory, you can remove it and it still cooks stuff, still prefer the Airfryer though.

Hi

Any advise??

My sister uses the airfryer for her family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids around the same ages as yours) she tends to just cook in batches and it suits her fine. Frozen chips cook quickly enough in it, about 12-15 mins for skinny chips, and usually in giving the kids their food first she then actually gets to eat hot food because the kids have finished most of theirs in the mean time and she doesn't have to leave her food to get them drinks, sauce etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is back in stock at £49.99 on Tesco Direct,only costs £3 for delivery (but I assume you have to use PM). Just got one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Benzino wrote: »
    This is back in stock at £49.99 on Tesco Direct,only costs £3 for delivery (but I assume you have to use PM). Just got one there.

Showing as in stock, but once i add it to my basket it tells me they don't have any.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Techmaster wrote: »
    Showing as in stock, but once i add it to my basket it tells me they don't have any.. :(

Just checked there, and it now says it's out of stock and it's back to it's original price :( Looks like they only got a few back in stock this morning.

Advertisement