Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its the main* use in ours too. You could put a half table spoon of olive oil if you preferred but genuinely I don't find them oily. We went from cooking in the oven to this as we didn't have deep fat fryer etc

(*In fact the only other thing I use it for is to cook steak)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its the main* use in ours too. You could put a half table spoon of olive oil if you preferred but genuinely I don't find them oily. We went from cooking in the oven to this as we didn't have deep fat fryer etc

(*In fact the only other thing I use it for is to cook steak)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Barr wrote: »
    Its just that some of the reviews say the home made chips don't turn out great. That they are oily etc.

That is why I was thinking of an alternative to the Philips as this is main use it will have in our house.

Now you know. They're bloody super ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thargor wrote: »
    What are the best spuds? I know this answer is always Maris Pipers but for those of us with no M&S nearby or the desire to pay €6 for a KG of spuds whats the best option? Roosters/Whites/Kerrs Pinks?
    Satriale wrote: »
    There are Maris pipers in Lidl for the last few months, 2.5kg bag for around E3. Very good quality compared with the standard fare in spudz.

49c in ALDI at mo for 1.5 kgs, be sure to read the variety as they are packed the same but inside some are maratima or culchia and the likes. Pick the ones that says Maris piper. Lidl have them all the time now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Aldi do fantastic Maris Piper oven chips (in a black bag), I haven't had a chance to try them in the Airfryer yet but they're great from the oven so I can only imagine how much better they'd be from the airfryer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

The XL version of this is an Amazon Lightning deal tomorrow at 12.30pm - hovering around the 190-220 mark over the last few weeks, lowest it has every been is 170

ablelocks wrote: »
    The XL version of this is an Amazon Lightning deal tomorrow at 12.30pm - hovering around the 190-220 mark over the last few weeks, lowest it has every been is 170
    Why wait. Grab it here now!

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HD9240-90-Collection-Extra-Large/dp/B00BS97UUA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I ended up getting the Halo fryer in Debenhams. It was the last one in stock and because the card system was down ,the lady gave me 10% off. I got the fryer for €116 . I made up coujons and home made chips in it last night. i just threw it all in together and it came out lovely. The tilt function is very good. after reading lots of reviews on Amazon ,the technique seems to be ,let it fry on the flat for half the time and then tilt to finish. The halo has a 1.24kg capacity and is very cleanable and surprisingly quite .Its no louder than my microwave.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325003502794_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

I ended up getting the Halo fryer in Debenhams. It was the last one in stock and because the card system was down ,the lady gave me 10% off. I got the fryer for €116 . I made up coujons and home made chips in it last night. i just threw it all in together and it came out lovely. The tilt function is very good. after reading lots of reviews on Amazon ,the technique seems to be ,let it fry on the flat for half the time and then tilt to finish. The halo has a 1.24kg capacity and is very cleanable and surprisingly quite .Its no louder than my microwave.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325003502794_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

I ordered it from amazon warehouse yesterday for £72.
    Had my eye on the debenhams one, but Amazon are so easy to deal with.
    Was hard to get an opinion on it versus the tefal and phillips, everyone seems to hate the older model.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

ablelocks wrote: »
    Just wondering what this dropped to. Missed out on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

barneyrub wrote: »
    Just wondering what this dropped to. Missed out on it

I ordered one.
    Got it for €236 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The XL philips is on sale at 4pm Irish time today on amazon.de, for prime members. I think open sale starts 30 mins later? The last 3 times I've seen it on sale it has been for €177 delivered to Ireland.
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BS97UUA/ref=gb1h_img_c-4_4587_ebbed252?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-4&pf_rd_r=1BG3X2H0A3W7E9PNMEK7&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=773864587

Oat23 wrote: »
    The XL philips is on sale at 4pm Irish time today on amazon.de, for prime members. I think open sale starts 30 mins later? The last 3 times I've seen it on sale it has been for €177 delivered to Ireland.
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00BS97UUA/ref=gb1h_img_c-4_4587_ebbed252?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-4&pf_rd_r=1BG3X2H0A3W7E9PNMEK7&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=773864587

That €209 is very attractive. She'd hit the bloody roof though if I walked in with another airfryer. Best piece of kitchen gadgetry i've ever purchased.

dodzy wrote: »
    That €209 is very attractive. She'd hit the bloody roof though if I walked in with another airfryer. Best piece of kitchen gadgetry i've ever purchased.

I got mine from amazon.de on black Friday for the €177 and I'm delighted with the price and machine. No need to use the oven anymore and not a coincidence that I've lost a few lbs since I bought it either!

Oat23 wrote: »

€184 delivered this time. Still a good price for the XL. Picked up one there for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

Cheers Oat23

Just ordered one , have had my eye on this item for a few weeks ,it's currently £222 on Amazon.co.uk which is approx €287 , so I saved myself €100. Thanks for the heads up.

shes gonna beat the shït out of me.

377884.png

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Just to mention the small version (9220) is on sale again tomorrow on Amazon.co.UK from 12.30. I'm holding off for the bigger version, as I dont think this will feed a family of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

conjon wrote: »
    Just to mention the small version (9220) is on sale again tomorrow on Amazon.co.UK from 12.30. I'm holding off for the bigger version, as I dont think this will feed a family of 4.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2
    This one?

• Advertisement

just get 2. That'll be the same price as the XL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Raging I missed this - the mammy wants one for Mother's Day - does anyone know where the best place to buy one is at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Raging I missed this - the mammy wants one for Mother's Day - does anyone know where the best place to buy one is at the moment?

They seem to be reduced on amazon frequently. just check and register with camelcamel how often, get notified of next one? but in time for mothers day...good luck! ;)

But imo you should look for the newer digital version, PHILIPS HD9230/20, that was on offer with currys 2 wks ago for 109e!! but now its about 229e!?? digital timer, and dual layer utensil with it!

I bought the Halo fryer from Debinhams last week. It has a larger 1.25kg capacity.

I've used it nearly every day since. I used it for chips,meatballs,roast chicken breast on the bone,stuffing balls ,roast potatoes ,chicken curry ...etc . I have to say that the tilt function is a real gift. It's kinda like a tumble dryer ,turning the food as it cooks. I found though that only tilting it half way is the best .I just put the handle used to remove the cooking bowl under the fryer.

I'm now making coujons with chunky chips .After 10mins ,I'm gonna throw in a few garlic dough balls for a further 5-7 mins...simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone see the food seperator for sale anywhere? They're on Ebay for €20 but was wondering if anyone had got one cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone see the food seperator for sale anywhere? They're on Ebay for €20 but was wondering if anyone had got one cheaper...

I can still scan mine if you want to cut out your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Doge wrote: »
    I can still scan mine if you want to cut out your own.
    Oh yeah totally forgot about that! Would you mind if you get a chance please? Trace it to a standard A4 piece of printer paper please, thanks.

• Advertisement

amazon.de had them for €9.99 last week. Did yours not come with one?

Advertisement