Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Came across this this morning clearly a not to exact lookalike Air fryer For 50 quid.........................http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ID5OXTS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those are €120 in Power City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Casey78 wrote: »
    Boil some baby potatoes until they are just done.
    Let them cool a little and chop them in half. Put them in a bowl and mix in a little oil and salt and pepper. Throw them in the Airfyer for about 10-15 mins.
    Serve and enjoy. Come back onto boards to thank Casey78!!

Thanks Casey, tried the baby roosters which are on offer in Dunnes, cooked them like you suggested and they are Devine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

D.I.D have the white Actifry for €130.

http://www.did.ie/tefal-actifry-al806040-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

For an extra 30 quid I might send mine back and buy the actifry because its bigger.

Has anyone tried both and which would you recommend more?

The airfryer, would you cook enough in this for two people at a time? (I havnt opened it yet)

• Advertisement

You'll definitely do enough meat for 2 in there, meat and chips okay aswell, anything more than 2 people you might struggle though, although seeing as you can do a full chicken or joint of meat in one as long as you're doing your veg elsewhere you should be fine for a whole family. I do a fry-up for 4 most weekends no bother, that is a lot of meat.

Thargor wrote: »
    You'll definitely do enough meat for 2 in there, meat and chips okay aswell, anything more than 2 people you might struggle though, although seeing as you can do a full chicken or joint of meat in one as long as you're doing your veg elsewhere you should be fine for a whole family. I do a fry-up for 4 most weekends no bother, that is a lot of meat.

How does the cooked breakfast come out? I'm a big fan of the grill over the pan for breakfasts (except fried eggs) so I'd be interested in how the airfryer comes out.

How long do you cook breakfast stuff for in it? It sound like a very handy way of doing it rather than standing over a grill turning things all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

How does the cooked breakfast come out? I'm a big fan of the grill over the pan for breakfasts (except fried eggs) so I'd be interested in how the airfryer comes out.

How long do you cook breakfast stuff for in it? It sound like a very handy way of doing it rather than standing over a grill turning things all the time.

I tried a breakfast in it, everything turn out well except for the egg which i had in a ramekin (though I must get some of those silicon buncases to try those again). Exactly the same as a grilled fry just faster.

Satriale wrote: »
    I tried a breakfast in it, everything turn out well except for the egg which i had in a ramekin (though I must get some of those silicon buncases to try those again). Exactly the same as a grilled fry just faster.

I'd fry the egg in the pan regardless, would be the sausages, rashers, pudding and tomato I'd do in the airfryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Does it leave a lot of grease / fat on the base?? Would you layer the base with tinfoil for ease of cleaning when cooled???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

I'd fry the egg in the pan regardless, would be the sausages, rashers, pudding and tomato I'd do in the airfryer.

Throw everything in at the same time?? And for how long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Masala wrote: »
    Does it leave a lot of grease / fat on the base?? Would you layer the base with tinfoil for ease of cleaning when cooled???

It does leave a nice bit depending on the food and amount of oil added, but it's very easy to clean, I wouldn't bother with tinfoil. (it's a very non stick surface even on the outside of tray , I laid it down on a plastic wrapper which dissolved on to it and after it cooled a little, the plastic came off no problem)

Masala wrote: »
    mel123 wrote: »
    Throw everything in at the same time?? And for how long?
    Breakfasts are absolutely perfect out of it and there will be half a pint of grease in the tray underneath aswell so a pretty healthy way of doing things, healthier than the pan anyway.

You need to keep an eye on things though and give it a few good shakes, its about 10 minutes for a small load - 15 minutes if you're dumping packets of meat in there for a lot of people but this totally varies depending on how many times you open the drawer.

Sausages and pudding can dry out very fast in it so be ready to pull them the minute they look in any way done, if you leave them until they're dark brown they'll be dry and chewy. Its the best way of cooking bacon you can get, do it any way you want just depends how long you leave it.

Eggs I like them poached in the microwave so haven't tried them fried:

http://www.wikihow.com/Poach-an-Egg-Using-a-Microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

mel123 wrote: »
    For an extra 30 quid I might send mine back and buy the actifry because its bigger.

Has anyone tried both and which would you recommend more?

The airfryer, would you cook enough in this for two people at a time? (I havnt opened it yet)

I've had actifry for 6 months and got the airfryer with this bargain alert (am delivering it to my parents in a few days).
    I much prefer the actifry.
    It's much higher capacity, incredibly easy to use, clean and maintain. It's really a case of dump a bag of frozen chips in there, set timer to 25 mins and when the buzzer goes taste one and decide if they need another few mins.
    Sausages come out extremely well, breaded foods are problematic (but you can remove the paddle).
    I haven't ever tried a steak, difficult to fit in without cutting up, but I don't think the results would be as good as the airfryer, as the actifry doesn't seem to get as hot (which has the advantage of making it more difficult to overdo food - something I did in a few of my recent airfryer attempts). It also doesn't have a drip tray, I'd say sausages are the only thing I cook in it which might need one, maybe that's why they taste so good!
    The actifry can be used for stir fry, curry etc, but I never have and don't really intend to.
    When using the airfryer I didn't see any significant difference in taste, found capacity too small, awkward to manipulate (burnt myself on the basket trying to get it out) and cleaning was a real pain.
    For me, actifry wins all ends up, I'll update in 6 months when the motor has burnt out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buddyhol

Does anyone have the Russell hobs version? It looks the exact same as the Philips only bigger for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I have the digital philips airfryer since Christmas, my brother has the russell hobbs six months and my parents and brother just bought this two weeks ago http://mobile.grabonestore.ie/ireland/air-fryer-28?_ga=1.43220965.1319702666.1441895540 it's far more like the Philips than the russel hobbs is. The basket is identical as the Philips so you can buy the Philips accessories.
    My brother passed on his russel hobbs because he prefers the silvan.
    On the whole airfryer front it is literally a life changer. Hardly ever turn on the oven anymore and every food tastes nicer from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Anyone got any recommendations for a website that does decent guidelines on cooking times and tips for the airfryer.

Save me a bit of trial and error :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I have the digital philips airfryer since Christmas, my brother has the russell hobbs six months and my parents and brother just bought this two weeks ago http://mobile.grabonestore.ie/ireland/air-fryer-28?_ga=1.43220965.1319702666.1441895540 it's far more like the Philips than the russel hobbs is. The basket is identical as the Philips so you can buy the Philips accessories.
    My brother passed on his russel hobbs because he prefers the silvan.
    On the whole airfryer front it is literally a life changer. Hardly ever turn on the oven anymore and every food tastes nicer from it.

The Silvan looks interesting. What's the build quality like on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buddyhol

That's great thanks! I'll try the silvan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Just done a bagel in mine ,some real ham left over from dinner with some strong cheese and relish. Slice Bagel in two cheese on one side ham on other and into air fryer for 3 or 4 minutes...lovely tosted bagel with fab melted cheese and warmed ham... 😋
    I only tried it in fryer because my grill takes an age to heat up..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

Folks any suggestions on cleaning the Airfryer beyond the element? I had a look there at ours and it's pretty greasy but it's gonna be difficult to get at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I have the Tefal Actifry and it is fantastic for cooking chips. I was half thinking of also getting the Philips Airfryer as I thought the Actifry was terrible at cooking steaks and breaded stuff. But after reading a few posts here about simply removing the spindle from the Actifry I cooked a wonderful steak dinner for two last night. From Lidl - baby new potatoes (49c), boiled and cut and dipped in olive oil with salt, pepper and garlic. Minute steaks, also from Lidl at €3. Few mushrooms and onions. Bit of parsley at the end. Jaysus, is was lovely.

Down to £79/€110 area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brendane

Thargor wrote:

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Thargor wrote:

Pulled the trigger. Looks like this is going to be my Christmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Thargor wrote: »

€139 delivered to ireland is that good?

Car99 wrote:
    €139 delivered to ireland is that good?

Where are you getting 139? 80 pounds is closer to 110. Select free delivery and pay in pounds for the best deal

• Advertisement

This is now 49 pounds on Amazon with free delivery to ROI. Enjoy. I got this a couple of months ago and am loving it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_2&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Advertisement