Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options
  • 24-09-2015 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

Only about 12 hours left before it goes back up to £89/€120 area...

air_fryer.png

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1443087175&sr=1-1&keywords=Airfryer

Cheapest Ive seen it in a long time, rave reviews from most who buy it, gets used once a day in my house anyway and I rate it as the best thing I ever bought for the kitchen, havent touched the frying pan or deep fat fryer since I bought it.

Paid for itself many times over in the amount of takeaways Ive skipped using it aswell. Aldi frozen homefries + Aldi Select battered cod is the best fish and chips you'll get.

Only thing I dont use it for is homemade chips, never got them to turn out properly. It cooks frozen oven chips so well compared to the oven though that they come out as good as the chipper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have the digital version I bought last Christmas, its rare the actual oven is turned on now. Simple to use, clean, healthy, fantastic piece of kit.

My favourite thing I like to cook in it is steak, 5 mins and medium rare is pure perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

100% agree with the above posts, great machine and amazing steak from it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

rob316 wrote: »
    I have the digital version I bought last Christmas, its rare the actual oven is turned on now. Simple to use, clean, healthy, fantastic piece of kit.

My favourite thing I like to cook in it is steak, 5 mins and medium rare is pure perfection.

Really? Does it not dry the steak out?

cronin_j wrote: »

Not at all, my absolute favourite is the Flat Iron Steak from Lidl, €4.99 for circa 300g, preheat the fryer to 200 then lash it into the basket for about 6/7 mins. Its delicious.

I can cook pretty good non frozen rooster potato chips in it, sweet potato don't come out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

cronin_j wrote: »
    No and I cant figure it out, the steak is dripping with juice even though its just meat and hot air, the fat crisps up a lot though.

Same for all the meat you put in it, lovely and moist even though you dont add oil and theres a load of grease in the drip tray underneath afterwards, I honestly dont know how it does it, George Foremans remove the same amount of grease but they leave the meat dried out.

It is possible to singe and dehydrate food in it though and you probably will the first couple of times, it cooks fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Wow, this looks awesome. I am actually thinking about buying one. Saves the hassle of actually waiting for a whole oven to heat up etc. So can you basically cook everything in this? Is there anything you cant do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

+1 for this

I've a similar Phillips variation of this model.
    Great for crispy chips and the like.
    Never tried with steak... must try that.

They're not huge inside, that's the only thing.
    So it tends to act as a "double oven" for us, cooking some stuff but not all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Is there anything you cant do?

You couldn't put wet battered items in there as you could with a deep fat fryer.
    But if you bought something pre-battered, you can throw it in no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

cheers OP , was only talking about this last night with my OH , thats her Birthday sorted LOL :)

You couldn't put wet battered items in there as you could with a deep fat fryer.
    But if you bought something pre-battered, you can throw it in no bother.
    I batter my own fish sometimes, if you're gentle its okay.

The best thing about it is how clean it makes everything, I used to feel like I needed a shower after cooking anything in our manky shared kitchen but this one its just turn it on, heat for 5 minutes, throw your food in, get your other stuff ready and ding 15 minutes later its done, no washing up, no smokey burned grease taste, it was a major upgrade to my cooking, every other gadget gets used a couple of times and discarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Please note it does go up to £71.75 when you try to buy, I find this with everything on Amazon, goes up a few quid when you buy.....still very cheap

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Please note it does go up to £71.75 when you try to buy, I find this with everything on Amazon, goes up a few quid when you buy.....still very cheap

Because the VAT rate is 3% higher in Ireland than the UK. You could avoid that vat by sending to Parcel Motel but on an item like this its pointless. You should still get this delivered for under €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I just bought one. I'm renting and the oven is not fan forced and useless - this airfryer will save me time and money. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Just got one. Worked out at €101,63.

Thanks OP, I feel healthier already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I was going to pull the trigger on this at £99.99 the other day. Thanks for the alert OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Ordered on too. I queried the 71.75 with Amazon and it's definitely the 3% difference in VAT. I forgot that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

How small is it?? I know it says 0.8kg but like the drawer, how big/small.....one steak, two steak...chips for one or two people?

Its pretty small, no problem doing a meal for one in it such as fish and chips with space left over but anything over 2 people is pushing it. You can do the meat for a lot of people in it though as long as you're doing the veg elsewhere. Like when I do fry-ups in it at the weekend for 4-5 people I just empty the meat into it no problem.

Go to a Power City Woodies or DID to see one, they all have them but they're €150 in all atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Would it fit into a parcel motel locker? :o

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Would it fit into a parcel motel locker? :o

Nope, Postage is free to Ireland anyway

• Advertisement

Just pulled the trigger on this. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Me too. Any time this comes up in BA I always say I must take the plunge, then get distracted by all the comments about it being too small but to hell with it! I'm mad, I am!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

choose to pay in sterling , works out €97. something

Me too. Any time this comes up in BA I always say I must take the plunge, then get distracted by all the comments about it being too small but to hell with it! I'm mad, I am!!! :D

My parents have one at home, they are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I want to buy one even though I've had one for 3 years. Everything said above is true. The best kitchen gadget I've bought (except for my handmade Japanese Santoku knife).

I've never cooked a steak in one though - may give it a go tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I find that between this and my Halogen Oven the only reason i turn on my main oven is to use the grill. Everyone should definitely try steak in it though. Aldi do an offer on Sirloin every few weeks (€2 per steak) that cooks really nicely in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thanks OP other half has been talking about getting one of these for ages.
    Just pulled the trigger and got one.

I've mine a few months now.

You'll never go back to deep fat frying. Food is delicious every time.

Highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

We've the Tefal one.. can't say anything bad about it, proper tasting chips come out of it. Easy to clean and setup etc. We get the big bags of 2kg Dunnes chips for €2 and they come out tasting great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Having used both, I probably prefer the Tefal machine. But it depends on what sort of stuff you want to make and how much of it you want to make. It's impossible to make a proper steak in the Tefal one, but the machine is bigger and better for a family than the Philips.

They are both fantastic machines though and the oven is never used here anymore.

I wonder why the Tefal machine costs so much now? I only paid €120 in argos a few years ago and they are around €200 now.

Advertisement