Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    How bad was bentekes injury anyone know
    We don't even know if he is yet although it seems pretty likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

CSF wrote: »
    We don't even know if he is yet although it seems pretty likely.

Cheers. I may get rid of him anyway, Liverpool are brutal attacking this year

Man United's 6 or so fixtures after Sunderland do not scream goals. I do not deem bringing one of their players in to be wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Man United's 6 or so fixtures after Sunderland do not scream goals. I do not deem bringing one of their players in to be wise.

True, but chances are he's double rising this week, and if he scores against Sunderland, could easily be getting to 8.4/8.5 by the Arsenal game. I am more likely to get rid of Darmian though based on United's upcoming fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've knee jerk reacted and brought in Martial for Benteke.
    Give the lad a go I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I would want Mata if I get any. What an under the radar, steady source of points he's been

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Benteke to Martial is very tempting, but can't help but feel like it's rash. I hope there's some injury news on Tekkers in BR's interview.

Martial should be good for a double rise, for those on a wc, but I don't think he's a long term optioin just yet

I would want Mata if I get any. What an under the radar, steady source of points he's been
    Yeah Mata seems the guy to go for right now if you were going for anyone, but what is United's goal total from ARS (A) EVE (A) MANC (H) CP (A) WBA (H) WAT (A) LEI (A) WHU (H)

Those are extremely difficult fixtures assuming all these teams stay as good at not conceding goals as they've been so far (impossible to say what form will be like by GW14 but I'm looking at those fixtures and thinking I should be avoiding United players altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gomez to Dawson most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Chadli i think has to go for me. I debated between him and Payet in my wildcard and made the wrong choice. With Erikssen coming on for him today I think his place might be in doubt. Ditto Darmian with Valencia coming on for him and playing well....who to come in I am not sure but I may take a hit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This. He was tempting me for Sunderland but once i looked at the fixtures my excitement faded fast. Costa suicide mission still on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Panthro wrote: »
    I've knee jerk reacted and brought in Martial for Benteke.
    Give the lad a go I say!

Am tempted to go with the same myself. Have my wildcard if it turns out a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Tempted to go Ayew or Barkley to Hazard. Chelsea's season might finally start to kick into gear and have some nice fixtures coming up.

The other option that's tempting is Gomis to Martial. At home against Sunderland next week is about as good a fixture you could want, and could easily see Martial price rise by .3 or .4 over next 2 weeks.

Any thoughts lads?

With benteke potentially injured, do I need to wildcard this. I've already used up my FT. Will get rid of sterling, Gomez, benteke, ward, maybe Gomes and maybe one or two more. Need to do it tonight if i do wc.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Fair play to him. He may be the antidote to my Costa attraction.
    I'm very happy for him. The amount of crap he got in France because of his transfer wages that he's not responsible for was ridiculous. And I believe it was the same on the other side of the Channel. He couldn't have given any better response than his 3 goals in a game and a third.

Now, as CSF pointed out, United fixtures after Sunderland are not great. But I'm thinking he could replace Gomis (away to Saints) for me for one week and then I'll adopt a wait & see approach...

iroced wrote: »
    I'm very happy for him. The amount of crap he got in France because of his transfer wages that he's not responsible for was ridiculous. And I believe it was the same on the other side of the Channel. He couldn't have given any better response than his 3 goals in a game and a third.

Now, as CSF pointed out, United fixtures after Sunderland are not great. But I'm thinking he could replace Gomis (away to Saints) for me for one week and then I'll adopt a wait & see approach...

Fook the fixtures. Form over fixtures. I think he's worth a punt. Nobody else is standing out.

Even if Benteke isn't long term injured, I wasn't planning on him sharing the limelight with Sturridge for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Am tempted to go with the same myself. Have my wildcard if it turns out a mess.

If i had the wildcard I'd do it for sure with a view to probably wildcarding the week or second week after.

Fook the fixtures. Form over fixtures. I think he's worth a punt. Nobody else is standing out.

Even if Benteke isn't long term injured, I wasn't planning on him sharing the limelight with Sturridge for a while yet.

There are other cheaper strikers with better fixtures that are just as on form though. Ighalo and Wilson the most notable.

There are other cheaper strikers with better fixtures that are just as on form though. Ighalo and Wilson the most notable.

I already have Wilson. I'll be going Martial up front with him and Aguero.

Martial is playing for a better team than Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Martial seems to fit LVG system of one up top, he said in his interview that he was already "very important".

The boy can finish and with his conversion rate so far he has shown he can deliver off scraps.

Well worth a punt and I'm in, so far off the pace now the -4 will roll in like teenagers in an off license....

dahat wrote: »
    Martial seems to fit LVG system of one up top, he said in his interview that he was already "very important".

The boy can finish and with his conversion rate so far he has shown he can deliver off scraps.

Well worth a punt and I'm in, so far off the pace now the -4 will roll in like teenagers in an off license....

I'll probably have to go -4 as well as I only have 3 defenders who'll play next week and Huth plays Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah that's what I hinted in my last sentence in my previous post.

He's worth a punt. And Sunderland at home next is as good a fixture as he can get. Gomis is away to Saints and with a run not that easy too. He doesn't seem good for BPs which dampers his appeal. And as you said nobody else is standing out, even Agüero himself!

So I'm also looking at an Agüero Wilson Martial frontline. And it'll keep the Frenchie quota in my team :pac:...

I already have Wilson. I'll be going Martial up front with him and Aguero.

Martial is playing for a better team than Watford.

He is but with a 3 million difference there and a huge difference in terms of preferable fixtures there is a clear winner for me in terms of value.

With that said I won't be going for either, I was already having a conundrum over which of my front 8 to bench so if Benteke isn't fit i no longer have a decision over who to bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'll probably have to go -4 as well as I only have 3 defenders who'll play next week and Huth plays Arsenal.

At least you have something to fight for at this point, a good solid start.

I'm going to retain Sako in case Martial does get a rest, a half decent sub to have.

Not overly worried about Arsenal attack just now, it all.seems pretty flat just now. A CS for Huth wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And vardy he rarely gets a mention

And vardy he rarely gets a mention

Well worth a mention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well worth a mention though.

Plays for as good an attacking team as there has been in the league over the last 10 league games last year and first 6 this year. He also has great fixtures and won't have a couple of must win cl games and a trip to Russia to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

i'm thinking of going Gomis to Martial. I have to sell Ayew or pedro to fund it though.

Pedro looks a bit tastier to keep than Ayew, what are your thoughts ? I'll probably go Wanyama

Begovic McCarthy
    Targett Evans Francis Kolarov Gomez
    Ayew Yaya Touré Mahrez Pedro Sánchez
    Gomis Wilson Agüero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Benteke out - Martial in and Captained

Front three of Martial, Aguero and Ighalo.

3 still injured though.
    Ward, Kompany and Kouyaté.

I can barely field 11.

Finished on 57 this week from 10 players thanks to Gomes no show

4.3M in the bank

Advertisement