Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Giroud to someone .. maybe costa (no chelsea player currently in team) or perhaps sakho (favourable fixtures and in form) . would love to fix my defence too .

Will wait til tomorrow to pull the trigger...all opinions welcome!

Boruc McCarthy

Dier Kolarov Gomez Cameron STaylor

Mahrez De Bruyne Coutinho Depay Westwood

Giroud Aguero Wilson

Think WC is premature.
    Giroud suspended in Europe so I would hold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ElTel wrote: »
    Payet will rise tonight.

I see Martial is close to rising - a goal tomorrow will probably do it - if he was guaranteed starter, 8m is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Payet will rise tonight.

With games tomorrow and the cup in midweek I'd rather wait and see what unfolds than move early for the sake of 0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Think WC is premature.
    Giroud suspended in Europe so I would hold him.

Giroud is not nailed and Arsenal aren't scoring a lot of goals, he has to leave people's teams

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Pedro for Sterling my first thought. Neither in danger of price changing at the moment so gonna leave it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Payet in for Depay. Probably the easiest transfer I've had in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is it worth doing Ayew to Payet anyone? Going to do it tonight if I do it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »
    Payet in for Depay. Probably the easiest transfer I've had in some time.

United at home to Sunderland has to have you doubting yourself no? Anyone v Newcastle and Sunderland is a decent shout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Payet in for Sterling

CSF wrote: »
    United at home to Sunderland has to have you doubting yourself no? Anyone v Newcastle and Sunderland is a decent shout

Payet rising. I've already lost 0.1 on Depay and he's close to another drop. If he blanks again or gets half a game he could drop 0.2 this week. Not worth it going from what I've seen.

Sunderland or not, he just has to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think that Yaya in for Sterling is the move to make, he had about 10+ shots today, and was very unlucky not to get a goal,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yaya to De Bryne
    Gomis to Ighalo

Already have Ayew of Swansea.

Way behind on mini leagues already, pissed off n need a miracle badly

Payet rising. I've already lost 0.1 on Depay and he's close to another drop. If he blanks again or gets half a game he could drop 0.2 this week. Not worth it going from what I've seen.

Sunderland or not, he just has to be gone.
    Yeah grand, I get the argument and all and there is logic to it, but you've kept Depay through Liverpool and Southampton, 2 pretty tough games. Now you're gonna get rid just when he has a game where you'd fancy most remotely decent attacking players to do well in, before you've even seen what he can do tomorrow. Unless it is a situation where you can't make the transfer if Payet rises tonight (which in this case isn't possible since Payet is cheaper than Depay) I'd always advise sitting back, having the full picture in front of you and making the decision then. You don't have that picture right now. Depay could score 2 goals tomorrow and all of a sudden looks a cracking prospect at home to the worst team we've seen in the league for some time now.

I'm not saying don't do it. If Depay blanks tomorrow, I'd be questioning my decision to keep him myself. But I wouldn't advise rushing into a transfer that might not be the one you'd make by the end of this gameweek just to avoid a .1

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think that Yaya in for Sterling is the move to make, he had about 10+ shots today, and was very unlucky not to get a goal,
    He really was. Do you think that was a Silva thing or a Yaya thing?

He really was. Do you think that was a Silva thing or a Yaya thing?

City were chasing today, that won't happen every week. Today was the day for Yaya to deliver a big score and he didn't.

dahat wrote: »
    City were chasing today, that won't happen every week. Today was the day for Yaya to deliver a big score and he didn't.
    City play pretty attacking when it is most scores. My interpretation of it was that with Silva out and De Bruyne seemingly occupying wider positions, it left alot of space for Yaya outside the D which suits him given his shooting skills from that range. Thankfully today was not a day where his shooting skills were on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Neither did aguero
    It was one of those freak days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hoolan/benteke or gomis/Barkley ?

Yeah grand, I get the argument and all and there is logic to it, but you've kept Depay through Liverpool and Southampton, 2 pretty tough games. Now you're gonna get rid just when he has a game where you'd fancy most remotely decent attacking players to do well in, before you've even seen what he can do tomorrow. Unless it is a situation where you can't make the transfer if Payet rises tonight (which in this case isn't possible since Payet is cheaper than Depay) I'd always advise sitting back, having the full picture in front of you and making the decision then. You don't have that picture right now. Depay could score 2 goals tomorrow and all of a sudden looks a cracking prospect at home to the worst team we've seen in the league for some time now.

I'm not saying don't do it. If Depay blanks tomorrow, I'd be questioning my decision to keep him myself. But I wouldn't advise rushing into a transfer that might not be the one you'd make by the end of this gameweek just to avoid a .1

I didn't exactly stand by him for the last 2 GW's... my decision was made a while ago but other more pressing transfers came up. The only picture I wanted was that Payet didn't get injured today tbh.

If he scores 2 tomorrow, I'll consider it a gift from the FPL gods. As bad as Sunderland are, I would still prefer Payet at home to Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't know whether to get rid of one of Ayew/Gomis or hang on to them for their back to back home games. May sell Muniesa instead now that his place is in doubt.

• Advertisement

I didn't exactly stand by him for the last 2 GW's... my decision was made a while ago but other more pressing transfers came up. The only picture I wanted was that Payet didn't get injured today tbh.

If he scores 2 tomorrow, I'll consider it a gift from the FPL gods. As bad as Sunderland are, I would still prefer Payet at home to Norwich.
    It isn't a decision I have to make as I have both, but I amn't 100% I'd agree with that. Sunderland look like being hammered in every game they play tbh. I could easily see United getting 3 or 4 in that game. I don't know what Depay's share of that might amount to but I like his chances.

Don't know whether to get rid of one of Ayew/Gomis or hang on to them for their back to back home games. May sell Muniesa instead now that his place is in doubt.
    I don't think you should get rid of Ayew. He is on a 2 goal blank spell right now, but before the Newcastle game Payet was on the same. These are 2 guys that I see being regular enough point providers throughout the year. Possible seasonkeepers along with Mahrez and Kolarov assuming Clichy doesn't start to play football again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Yeah I will. Morgan to cawson done. Realistically wouldn't have played ward until he's due back anyway, and Gomez may still end up at cb. Fletcher price drop doesn't bother me as he's probably there for the season. And sterling isn't an urgent transfer, although I think I may want KDB soon enough

Fletcher been in the 90's with over a week so hopefully he'll stay steady there. Unlucky not to score today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thinking another -4 this week.

Sanchez - Hazard
    Silva - De Bruyne

De Bruyne looked a class player yesterday. And if hazard is scoring again now is the time to punt with what's coming up for them

Rikand wrote: »
    Thinking another -4 this week.

Sanchez - Hazard
    Silva - De Bruyne

De Bruyne looked a class player yesterday. And if hazard is scoring again now is the time to punt with what's coming up for them

Got in KDB myself and also have Hazard under serious consideration, he looked good at times yesterday.

Sanchez although playing well is not delivering at all for managers.

Think Sanchez has been given a bit of a free pass myself. Wasn't up to much yesterday, he's in my plans to leave in the near future.

Feels like we are waiting and waiting on him to deliver a decent score...

Sanchez to Hazard/Pedro is a real good move imo.

Pedro is probably the one I'm thinking of yeah unless Hazard starts to threaten with real goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Think Sanchez has been given a bit of a free pass myself. Wasn't up to much yesterday, he's in my plans to leave in the near future.

In a way same could be said about Agüero.

Last year 3 big FPL stars (Sanchez, Agüero, Hazard) are completely underachieving this year!

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    In a way same could be said about Agüero.

Last year 3 big FPL stars (Sanchez, Agüero, Hazard) are completely underachieving this year!

I don't think Aguero has gotten a free pass though. I think it's been widely recognised that he's been a complete disappointment since the Chelsea game.

Advertisement