Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I have exactly enough to do Gomez, Chadli and Benteke out Moreno, Payet and Martial in for a - 4. Would have to do it tonight. What do you guys think?

Any news on Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have exactly enough to do Gomez, Chadli and Benteke out Moreno, Payet and Martial in for a - 4. Would have to do it tonight. What do you guys think?

Any news on Silva?

Those seem nice moves. Very early to make 3 transfers with midweek fixtures though.

Why not do Martial tonight and wait on the others? As far as I can see no price changes imminent on any of the others.

FHFC wrote: »
    Those seem nice moves. Very early to make 3 transfers with midweek fixtures though.

Why not do Martial tonight and wait on the others? As far as I can see no price changes imminent on any of the others.

That makes sense actually. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Just need to keep an eye on price changes. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Have a back 5 of Kolorov
    Martin(Goalscoring legend)
    Ward (inj)
    Darmian
    Gomez

After watching MOTD it seems Moreno played well so Gomez first team minutes are over barring injuries.
    Darmian hasn't returned much points wise lately.

Thinking of swopping out Darmian for Sagna....who would people suggest bringing in for Gomez in the 4.5-4.8m price range?.....

Really appreciate any ideas.

Sagna might not be first choice for much longer, once Zab is fit. Evans is 4.8 or Francis.

Invincible wrote: »
    Sagna might not be first choice for much longer, once Zab is fit. Evans is 4.8 or Francis.

Yeah Evans for me. Zab back end of the month.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah Evans for me. Zab back end of the month.

Got a nice 8 pts off him to balance Kolarov this week.

Moreno? 4.7.

Moreno? 4.7.

One swallow does not make a summer!
    Not established as certain starter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks....kinda hard to see Sagna dropped though if he keeps up his form....

Who else in the 5.2 to 5.5 price range in defence would replace Darmian well?

One swallow does not make a summer!
    Not established as certain starter yet?

Played well today and Gomez was poor last couple of games. Think I'll make that move. After next week Liverpool's fixtures aren't great mind you.

• Advertisement

Thanks....kinda hard to see Sagna dropped though if he keeps up his form....

Who else in the 5.2 to 5.5 price range in defence would replace Darmian well?

Bertrand due back next GW.

Bertrand due back next GW.

Great attacking potential if he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'll bank the 0.1m resale on him. He has Sunderland and then three terrible fixtures. We don't know if he's nailed and ManU have only started scoring goals the last two matches. I can see why people are inclined to, but the 50%/hour thing is ridiculous. Captaining him next GW is a major punt

given the other captain choices - i'd say Martial is within the top 3 based on form/GW fixture to captain next week.

captaining him this week could have been classified as a major punt, but not next GW imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Have a back 5 of Kolorov
    Martin(Goalscoring legend)
    Ward (inj)
    Darmian
    Gomez

After watching MOTD it seems Moreno played well so Gomez first team minutes are over barring injuries.
    Darmian hasn't returned much points wise lately.

Thinking of swopping out Darmian for Sagna....who would people suggest bringing in for Gomez in the 4.5-4.8m price range?.....

Really appreciate any ideas.

I'd be leaving Darmian for another week at least. I'd be looking at Gomez to Evans, Dawson, Nyom, Naughton or maybe Bertrand, or even Azpilicueta if budget allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ace2007 wrote: »
    given the other captain choices - i'd say Martial is within the top 3 based on form/GW fixture to captain next week.

captaining him this week could have been classified as a major punt, but not next GW imo.

It will be interesting. Aguero will be the favourite again, I assume, against his tormentors Spurs. The form pick Mahrez has a tough match against Arsenal. I'd highly contest that Martial is a top 3 captain pick though: the two I mentioned, Payet, Hazard or Pedro, even Wilson are better picks than Martial

It will be interesting. Aguero will be the favourite again, I assume, against his tormentors Spurs. The form pick Mahrez has a tough match against Arsenal. I'd highly contest that Martial is a top 3 captain pick though: the two I mentioned, Payet, Hazard or Pedro, even Wilson are better picks than Martial

Aguero is not firing, and spurs away is not easy, couple that we it being a 12:45 KO and many folks feelings towards that, he shouldn't be the the favourite.

Mahrez is probably no1 on form, but he is playing against Arsenal which should be a tougher test, 4 of the 6 teams he has played against are in the bottom 5 atm.

Pedro/Hazard are hot and cold, Hazard should never have been awarded the goal yesterday, take that away from him and do you see him as appealing?

Wilson probably is a good choice.

Though i think if you bring in Martial then you should be captaining him, Sunderland have conceded 13 goals this season, if united fine their goal scoring form they could get 4/5 at home, if Martial plays then he could easily get 2/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You're all forgetting Depay and his impending hat-trick.

CSF wrote: »
    You're all forgetting Depay and his impending hat-trick.

he'll probably get that the same week Walcott gets his

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero is not firing, and spurs away is not easy, couple that we it being a 12:45 KO and many folks feelings towards that, he shouldn't be the the favourite.

Mahrez is probably no1 on form, but he is playing against Arsenal which should be a tougher test, 4 of the 6 teams he has played against are in the bottom 5 atm.

Pedro/Hazard are hot and cold, Hazard should never have been awarded the goal yesterday, take that away from him and do you see him as appealing?

Wilson probably is a good choice.

Though i think if you bring in Martial then you should be captaining him, Sunderland have conceded 13 goals this season, if united fine their goal scoring form they could get 4/5 at home, if Martial plays then he could easily get 2/3.

Chelsea player is more so Newcastle than their own form. Sunderland have had better defensive stats with O'Shea starting, I still think they'll lose to ManU just not a massacre. I wouldn't be captaining a player that's scored from 3 of his 4 goal attempts, but then again I've also ignored Wilson to this point due to his "unsustainable" goal conversion :(. Anyway, it should be another good GW for captaincy punts with no overwhelming favourite

Costa in and captain.......

Did i say that out loud?

Or worse put it in writing!?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Agüero scored 4 goals against Spurs in a 12:45 KO last year. Was the game at the Etihad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Martial in for Gomis.

My knee has stopped twitching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Rikand wrote: »
    Martial in for Gomis.

My knee has stopped twitching

I just pulled the trigger too.

Kane out though.

Armband on him for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ditto.

Coates & Gomis out.
    Evans & Martial in.

Uncertainty around Moreno & Cedric led me to double up on Pulis defense. I've said it too many times but depending how the week goes, I may use my WC. Huth, Saylor, Silva & Guzan will need sorting at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Agüero and yaya out.... Mata and martial in for me.... I can see United running riot next week and martial being amongst the goals hopefully Mata provides them.... Both agüero and yaya have been huge let downs and I refuse to have over 20million just getting the odd assist here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

iroced wrote: »
    Vardy was good last year to finish the season. He's one of the reason I finally made it into top10k. Cheap & allowing for big hitters in midfield and alongside him. Performing and returning good points.

But I'd say this year he's suffering from Mahrez incredible start. I know Leicester are on good form and Ranieri seems to be the right man for them (he did great work in Monaco these last 2 years, don't know why he's so underrated and criticised) but giving 2 Leicester spots out of your front 7 is too much for me. I already made the mistake with Swansea these last 2 games and it burnt me. I know it can work out but I generally don't like these double or quits situations.

Wilson is a good "equivalent" to Vardy so far. It's all about balance and I do acknowledge the fact that I'm a little extremist on balance :P. But I generally like to spread my options as much as I can. The infamous idea of "cover" we already had many debates about in this forum. I mean, "covering" a team doesn't mean getting any random player from it (e.g. I don't suppose Wanyama is offering me Saints "cover"). But for now, I feel Mahrez is "covering" me for Leicester. He's their central man. And, if it was not for my Agüero blind glasses, I should have gotten double rewarded from his returns at least once. Now Vardy is also performing upfront. So is Wilson. And maybe Wilson is tinily more important to Bournemouth than Vardy is to Leicester (as a very quick shortcut I'd say the BPs they got may reflect that idea)?

So far this year, I feel that having a premium, a mid-priced and a cheap striker balances well one's team. So, if Agüero and Wilson are "covering" the first and last spot, the middle one could go to Martial for now. Had Bony & Gomis there... Maybe it's a good time to give it to Martial.

Just to finish on Martial. His current conversion rate is the best of his career so far. It was his weak point in Monaco. I know he has a quality midfield behind him but hard to know how much he can keep it up. He's obviously young & talented and could be at the right place at the right time to explode. He also knows a good season in United will give him a place in the French team for "our" Euro.

If I didn't have problems in defence I would consider Vardy to Ighalo.
    The strikers don't get the bonuses they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Not a great week, dropped from 144k to 220k. Think its 40 points once sub comes in for Silva. Everyone seems to have gotten above that. Cannot pick a good captain to save my life.

Silva out for Mata I think. Will stick with the rest for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Took a -4

Rondon to Martial and Lovren to Prodl.

Last chance saloon for Sanchez also. He has missed so many chances

Have 0 itb and need to replace Huth as well....fun times at Dynamo Dreenan...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Another Benteke to Martial here. Having a Liverpool striker at the moment is not in any way appealing, though you feel there is an inevitability about Benteke scoring against Villa.

It's true that United have tough fixtures after Sunderland but a) Liverpool's are no picnic, either, and at least United seem to have some form on their side and b) under LVG United have done pretty well in the 'bigger' games.

Martial could conceivably be in the 8.5 region come GW8, depending on how he plays against hapless Sunderland. If he does show increasingly that he is the real deal, then that is potentially 0.5 lost (a lesson I've learned the hard way with Mahrez). If he's not, he's not hard to shift for other strikers given the form that's being shown in the 5-7m range, and you've probably banked at least 0.2 in the process.

A punt worth making IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yeah did benteke Sanchez out hazard martial in. Newcastle are muck atm so hopefully hazard might kick some form

Advertisement