Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Are you/we definitely sure about Gomez dropped considering Lovren got badly injured? Is it Sakho who's gonna benefit from it and Moreno taking Gomez' spot?

I can see the appeal now though. Martin, Souré & Naughton all away to in form teams sound like the best they could return is 2 pts.

I'd like to stress the bold part too. Sometimes (more often than not actually), holding on a hit can put you/us in a nasty situation the week after because you/we always have (tons of) other plans. And if your hit is a long-term plan, it's a transfer you'll have to make anyway. On paper it looks good this week so of course it won't work (it's always the case isn't it :p?) but the timing is good to do it now ;).

Leaked Liverpool team from the usual source has Gomez dropped tomorrow. Lovren had been dropped last league game anyway with Sahko, Can and Skrtel back 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    I think it's nonsense personally...provided it's a switch you want to make long term anyway. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97152232&postcount=379

Smart move imo.
    I've no problem taking hits especially if it helps one to bank the FT next gw.
    So far I'm -16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva to KDB done. My 4 pts hit megalomania continues...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYNrXFC__L43tTQl8O2MdiG-q1h09A_v7vvPXxJqo6bdMExz1p

Just posted all the cs odds in the odds thread.

Of your 5 defenders Dawson considered favourite for a cs by the bookies. Way ahead of Francis.

@iamanengine

Check the odds post again. I had a fairly crucial typo.

WBA not favoured over Arsenal/City but still ahead Bournemouth, just not by as much.

Also changes (slightly) the rationale for my possible -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

@iamanengine

Check the odds post again. I had a fairly crucial typo.

WBA not favoured over Arsenal/City but still ahead Bournemouth, just not by as much.

Also changes (slightly) the rationale for my possible -4.

Cool, I'll probably stick to it anyway, cheers. Had been considering taking Bellerin out for Francis as I have Mahrez competing with Bellerin for points but decided against it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

-4 hit to bring in KDB for Silva. Hope it pays off...my private leagues I'm ahead by single digits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

3 transfers this week for -8
    Yosh to JOS
    Anya to Moses
    Silva to KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Wildcard played!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Current backline is:

kolarov | bellerin | targett | gomez | oxford

Already used a transfer early this week (Costa »» Martial) so another one would mean a hit

It's quite possible that those 3 wont play. I was inclined to either Evans (already have myhill but no problem on doubling) or Azpi

Any opinions on what to do (4.3 itb)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Silva to Mata?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I've gone for a fairly big differential today, Benteke out and Falcao in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Already used my 2FT on Payet & Pellé in for Silva and Benteke. Now weighing up a -4 for Azpilicueta in for Muniesa/Gomez.

Defence is:
    Kolarov, Dawson, Martin, Gomez, Muniesa. So I could leave the transfer and rely on Martin this GW and review then, or make the move now and have defence sorted in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Not sure who to pick between hazard and Walcott .
    I'd go Walcott if I was 100% he was starting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Not sure who to pick between hazard and Walcott .
    I'd go Walcott if I was 100% he was starting

Hazard against Newcastle is a much better prospect than Walcott away to Leicester.

I dunno if I agree . I think if both starting they have great potential. Leicester leaking goals more than Newcastle and with walcotts pase he could run riot. Both great picks this gw im just wary of walcotts game time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I dunno if I agree . I think if both starting they have great potential. Leicester leaking goals more than Newcastle and with walcotts pase he could run riot. Both great picks this gw im just wary of walcotts game time

Well no, they've both conceded 9 goals.

CSF wrote: »
    Well no, they've both conceded 9 goals.

Well no Newcastle opposition have been a lot trickier. Leicester have had easiest fixtures out of all the teams so far and look very vulnerable at the back

panic mode ON

ZOUMA or AZPI ???

bezuaua wrote: »
    panic mode ON

ZOUMA or AZPI ???

Can you afford both? Dave would be the more nailed on

finally ended doing oxford »»» zouma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's not worth transfering out for 4 points no matter what way you dress it up. It's a bad transfer.

feel totally vindicated now before mata and martial even start their game......heres hoping its a sign...loads of people seem to have taken a -4 this week on city players

Did Gomis and Gomez to marital and Bellerin in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »
    With Silva confirmed out, I feel like I need to transfer him out. Hazard/Pedro or KDB are the top of my list but struggling to decide on which one.

Gomez -> Zouma will be the transfer more than likely next week.

EDIT: Must also say, that I'm 5 points clear in a pay league with this week to go for the monthly prize. So tempted to go Hazard/Pedro this week, and then bring in KDB for Sanchez next week now...

Yeah, well that definitely won't be happening now :pac:

Gomez and Souare.

Gomez dropped and needs to go anyway. Evans my planned replacement. Chances are I'll have another priority next week too.

Going for it now for -4 if Evans outscores Naughton this week its an extra ft.

I'd written this off earlier today but seriously considering now.

One prediction i did get right this week.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The biggest problem here for me is that you'd be giving £19.5m and 2 major midfield spots to Arsenal players! Whilst, as you rightfully said, Arsenal haven't been scoring much and are not on great form.
    Sometimes I should just shut the fupp out :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sometimes I should just shut the fupp out :rolleyes: :pac:...

I'd have a lot of faith in the arsenal attack so many good players in their squad. Playing Leicester a team that will have a go and no pace in the centre of defence was an ideal fixture for them.

I'd have a lot of faith in the arsenal attack so many good players in their squad. Playing Leicester a team that will have a go and no pace in the centre of defence was an ideal fixture for them.

Are you slightly annoyed at not giving Sanchez the armband in light of the above very good points? I know i am.

I had such heartache last season with switching round captains I've clung to an Aguero perma-captain policy and should have been more open to Sanchez this week given the form.

I'd have scoffed the always captain whoever strategy last year but in the many discussions usually with iroced it always seemed to win out. Disaster this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are you slightly annoyed at not giving Sanchez the armband in light of the above very good points? I know i am.

I had such heartache last season with switching round captains I've clung to an Aguero perma-captain policy and should have been more open to Sanchez this week given the form.

I'd have scoffed the always captain whoever strategy last year but in the many discussions usually with iroced it always seemed to win out. Disaster this year though.
    Its somewhat annoying as I have captained sanchez a few times this season over aguero. However I was all in on that leicester arsenal game with mahrez, vardy, walcott and sanchez so felt it was a bridge too far to captain sanchez also.

Advertisement