Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

FHFC wrote: »
    Costa in and captain.......

Did i say that out loud?

Or worse put it in writing!?

:eek:

Not a bad shout imo

He will either bang in a hat-trick or get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Another -4 for me, so far they've all paid off as well as adding value.

Did Depay -> Payet on Saturday before their rise/fall.
    Jumped on board the Martial train last night with Tekkers making way... could be a 0.3 point rise this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Ditto.

Coates & Gomis out.
    Evans & Martial in.

Uncertainty around Moreno & Cedric led me to double up on Pulis defense. I've said it too many times but depending how the week goes, I may use my WC. Huth, Saylor, Silva & Guzan will need sorting at some point.

I have a few players need sorting too - Saylor, Gomez, Huth and Sterling. That said, like you I've held off on my WC this week.

There are still a few too many decisions to become clearer for me - what City midfielder to go for, how will Martial end up, when will Bertrand be back, have Chelsea finally turned a corner etc.

I see myself using it though in the next 3-4 weeks as I'm now stagnating between 143k and 133k for the last 3 GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sitting tight at the moment. Only have 1FT and have doubts over Benteke & Silva (injuries) + Darmian & Gomez (game time)

Had intended transferring Gomis out for Ighalo but that idea is long gone now with my other concerns.

If Silva & Benteke are fit I'll probably bring a Pulis defender in for Gomez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Anyone see any worthwhile changes in this team? Thinking of doing Clyne to Kolorav as the Liverpool defence seems stagnant. Have 1.9Million itb and 2FT

Myhill McCarthy
    Clyne Williams Souare Darmian McAuley
    Payet Sanchez Mahrez Toure Sako
    Gomis Aguero Wilson

Advice appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone see any worthwhile changes in this team? Thinking of doing Clyne to Kolorav as the Liverpool defence seems stagnant. Have 1.9Million itb and 2FT

Myhill McCarthy
    Clyne Williams Souare Darmian McAuley
    Payet Sanchez Mahrez Toure Sako
    Gomis Aguero Wilson

Advice appreciated!

Wouldn't do it this week given their respective fixtures.

I know its 'boring' but maybe change one of your keepers to Schmeichel/Gomes to avoid the nightmare scenario of Foster and Speroni coming back at the same time!

I'd consider Gomis to Martial but I'm not sure if I would do it personally. Your call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Benimar wrote: »
    Wouldn't do it this week given their respective fixtures.

I know its 'boring' but maybe change one of your keepers to Schmeichel/Gomes to avoid the nightmare scenario of Foster and Speroni coming back at the same time!

I'd consider Gomis to Martial but I'm not sure if I would do it personally. Your call though.

Yeah I might consider changing the Crystal Palace goalkeeper but I'm definitely not getting rid of my West Brom beauts! It seems like a good way to not waste a FT.

I also agree with the Martial transfer, a bit too risky to do considering he might start in the cup game and get rested on the weekend. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

With Fletcher dropping I am now considering going from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3.
    Thinking of doing a -8 for Chadli, Darmian and Watmore out; Fletcher, Moreno and Martial in.

I'm not normally one for hits but I feel lie I really need to take a gamble to get out of mediocrity!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thinking of Benteke -> Martial (will have to pull that trigger tonight).

This will be only the third time I have had a United player in my team in 3 years playing the game... Di Maria last year for a few weeks and Rooney to kick off this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Agüero and yaya out.... Mata and martial in for me.... I can see United running riot next week and martial being amongst the goals hopefully Mata provides them.... Both agüero and yaya have been huge let downs and I refuse to have over 20million just getting the odd assist here and there

That's crazy getting rid of those 2, martial is/was 8m why would you need to get rid of aguero. If he hit grabs a brace this weekend more than likely going to cause you issues getting him back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Ace2007 wrote: »
    That's crazy getting rid of those 2, martial is/was 8m why would you need to get rid of aguero. If he hit grabs a brace this weekend more than likely going to cause you issues getting him back in?

Have 6m in the bank no issues in terms of money if I need him back. This Is more a one week gamble. But agüero just doesn't warrant the price tag anymore... 6 GW's in he has been poor. In fact if it was anyone else performing that way they would have been gone on week 3...There is no stand out striker atm and I'd prefer not to have himself and yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thinking of going Gomis + Sanchez to De Bruyne and Martial. Unsure at the moment, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have 6m in the bank no issues in terms of money if I need him back. This Is more a one week gamble. But agüero just doesn't warrant the price tag anymore... 6 GW's in he has been poor. In fact if it was anyone else performing that way they would have been gone on week 3...There is no stand out striker atm and I'd prefer not to have himself and yaya

He's playing Spurs. Check the stats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 2 FTs. Torn between bringing in 2 in-form players, or using the 2fts to sort out my players that are in risk of being dropped (Gomez, Davies, Targett, Silva+Benteke but injured but not as concerned by them).

Current team is :

Myhill / McCarthy
    Kolarov / Gomez / Naughton / Davies / Targett
    Silva / Chadli / Sanchez / Mahrez / Anya
    Aguero / Benteke / Gomis

Thinking of bringing in Martial+Payet for Benteke+Chadli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He's not worth transfering out for 4 points no matter what way you dress it up. It's a bad transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He's not worth transfering out for 4 points no matter what way you dress it up. It's a bad transfer.

Everyone has their own plans and though processes, that's what makes the game interesting. OP didn't come out and say copy me or you're .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Colking wrote: »
    Everyone has their own plans and though processes, that's what makes the game interesting. OP didn't come out and say copy me or you're .......

No he didn't say copy me but I'm not gonna lie and say I think it's a good move. I can see why he wants to get rid of Aguero but it's just an impatient transfer that could wait a week.

I hope other people do copy him btw ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Dearg81 wrote: »

perhaps on paper, just hope it doesnt come back to bite me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Think I have to bring in Martial in but for whom?

Aguero bought for £13.2m, sell £13.2m (no change)
    Wilson £5.5/£5.7 (lose 0.2)
    Gomis £7.2/£7.3 (lose 0.2)

Initial thought was Gomis but with Aguero on non scoring form at the moment with no value loss I'm looking at him now...
    Going to make tonight as suspect Martial will go up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

L.S.F wrote: »

Initial thought was Gomis but with Aguero on non scoring form at the moment with no value loss I'm looking at him now...

and second predicament is which United player do I take out?

Have Depay in from the start and just waiting for him to explode (like Sanchez, Aguero & Silva!!) Bought at £8.5 he's down to £8.3

Darmain bought at £5.5 worth £5.8m now

DeGea bought at £5.3m and rised .1 so don't get that back in transfer.

2 Free Transfers this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

and second predicament is which United player do I take out?

Have Depay in from the start and just waiting for him to explode (like Sanchez, Aguero & Silva!!) Bought at £8.5 he's down to £8.3

Darmain bought at £5.5 worth £5.8m now

DeGea bought at £5.3m and rised .1 so don't get that back in transfer.

2 Free Transfers this week
    darmian has been pretty poor last 2 weeks
    looks tired........won't be surprised if he gets a rest soon and fixtures are not great either
    I'd keep de gea and depay for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Think it will be Yoshida to Bertrand with the FT.
    Think they expect to give him 60mins tonight in U21 game.
    Tough fixtures short term but a season keeper if he stays fit.

I really did have my contrary heart quite set on Diego. :(

Not convinced by Hazard yet, not sure about Pedro either. Plus I've nobody in my midfield I want to drop (Sanchez, Mahrez, Ayew, Yaya). If I was changing the Ayew spot it would preferably be back to Payet who has two great fixtures and 3 of the next 5 away, which for West Ham it seems is a good thing.

How risky would it be to continue without Chelsea cover for Newcastle away!?! Actually finding this the most head wrecking week decision wise yet (partly because Martial is calling to me like cocaine to an addict with his price rise frenzy :)).

Gomis possibly dropping tonight doesn't affect me so assuming I stick to the Nón to Martial plan I can stew for a while longer I suppose.

ElTel wrote: »
    Think it will be Yoshida to Bertrand with the FT.
    Think they expect to give him 60mins tonight in U21 game.
    Tough fixtures short term but a season keeper if he stays fit.

He played 45 in the U21 game. I doubt he'll start straight away tbh.

He played 45 in the U21 game. I doubt he'll start straight away tbh.

Yeah.
    Will play it safe and bring JOS in.
    Could be 5.3m when fit.

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Will play it safe and bring JOS in.
    Could be 5.3m when fit.

JOS as in John O'Shea that plays for sunderland?

How is that playing it safe, they have u united away who have found their scoring boots. A watford defender like Nyom would be better shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Yeah I waited too long too. Ighalo and martial for aguero and gomis. Taking the pain. See how aguero goes this week whether he gets back in or another man city midfielder for the gw 8 &9...

Ace2007 wrote: »
    JOS as in John O'Shea that plays for sunderland?

How is that playing it safe, they have u united away who have found their scoring boots. A watford defender like Nyom would be better shout.

It's a move to a certain starter for 4.3m and little risk of another drop in value.
    Don't fancy Watford defence with Behrami missing.
    Agree Nyom (or Cathcart) are good picks for 4.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I really did have my contrary heart quite set on Diego. :(

Not convinced by Hazard yet, not sure about Pedro either. Plus I've nobody in my midfield I want to drop (Sanchez, Mahrez, Ayew, Yaya). If I was changing the Ayew spot it would preferably be back to Payet who has two great fixtures and 3 of the next 5 away, which for West Ham it seems is a good thing.

How risky would it be to continue without Chelsea cover for Newcastle away!?! Actually finding this the most head wrecking week decision wise yet (partly because Martial is calling to me like cocaine to an addict with his price rise frenzy :)).

Gomis possibly dropping tonight doesn't affect me so assuming I stick to the Nón to Martial plan I can stew for a while longer I suppose.

Why the urge for Chelsea? They beat Arsenal alright but the Costa incident at the end of the first half played a big part of their win. And Arsenal (Wenger) are actually the "best" team to suffer from Costa disgraceful acting.

I know Newcastle are crap at the moment but in the meantime they never conceded more than 2.

I'm not saying you don't need Chelsea cover but maybe waiting for their 3 home games in 4 in October would be better ? You'll also have Chelsea monitoring data from 3 more games (Walsall, Newcastle & Porto ; all away) so if they're really clicking on, you should really know for Saints at home.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised there has been little love for Struiddge, given that the love for tekkies was based on fixtures, i'm sure he'll get a run out during the week, and if tekkies is injured, then Struiddge should start against Villa at home.

Advertisement