Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭dahat

iroced wrote: »
    In a way same could be said about Agüero.

Last year 3 big FPL stars (Sanchez, Agüero, Hazard) are completely underachieving this year!

It's a judgement call for each manger on either of these. Sanchez is closer to the edge for me.

Aguero is far more lethal in Fpl terms than Sanchez and 1 missed haul from him could sende further into oblivion than my current rank of 1.5million.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    It's a judgement call for each manger on either of these. Sanchez is closer to the edge for me.

Aguero is far more lethal in Fpl terms than Sanchez and 1 missed haul from him could sende further into oblivion than my current rank of 1.5million.

I think thereare just more options in midfield too. If the likes of Benteke, Kane, Rooney etc were flying more people would be looking at Agueros spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Remind me to ask where you rank before listening to advice in future.

I'm doing horribly each week by my own standards, but still around 100,000 mark.
    A bit of abit wanted, have 2 FTs, looking to ship gomez and possibly Pedro out, trying to figure out who I want in. Don't want to join the payet train either, don't see him holding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

RossieMan wrote: »

I'm doing horribly each week by my own standards, but still around 100,000 mark.
    A bit of abit wanted, have 2 FTs, looking to ship gomez and possibly Pedro out, trying to figure out who I want in. Don't want to join the payet train either, don't see him holding up.

It's irrelevant to where someone ranks in terms of advice imo, do you take the advice of something who is top 10k this year, but whose history might show them never being in top million before?

OR rank of 1.5 million, I'll jog on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

I have 2 FTs & 0,5 in the bank.

Squad:

Butland, Ruddy
    Kolarov, Azpi, Bellerin, Huth, Oxford
    Ozil, Sinclair, Mahrez, Hazard, Chadli
    Wilson, Aguero, Benteke

Really dont know what to do. Considering getting Myhill&Sakho for Ruddy&Huth. Wildcard still on, but I'm quite happy with the players I have. Hazard was sharp yesterday and I hope, he will get points in the next games. The same with Chadli, who is one of the best in Spurs (in matches I have watched!). Hope he get sth today. Ozil is only one to get rid of. However I will give him 'the last chance' against Leicester :D

Have any ideas? Would be appriciate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

OR rank of 1.5 million, I'll jog on.....

600k in my case which is hardly likely to interest him either:o

I've a mate in my work league who's had Kompany captained every week and a defence worth 42m, I'll ask him what you should do RossieMan. He's in the top 30k.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No one controls your choices except you. No need to blame anyone got your fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

In my wild card I got rid of Yaya for Silva. I think this was a big mistake. Must mull over going back to Yaya or get De Bruyne.

I have Myhill but considering a WBA defender aswell and double down at home. Kolarov was another wilcardee but I'm thinking about shipping him already

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm going into the top 100k I think today. Gimme a shout if you need a few tips Rossie ;)

Nah seriously, don't be like that. We all help each other here and it is best to analyse points based on what you think after reading them rather than who made them.

• Advertisement

I have an irrational urge to get Diego Costa.

I know everything yous are going to say. But its still my gut move for next week.

Maybe theres some kind of support group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think Aguero has gotten a free pass though. I think it's been widely recognised that he's been a complete disappointment since the Chelsea game.
    Yeah you're right but I mostly wanted to point out that last year 3 stars are underachieving big time.

I agree. Though Sanchez last year around the same period and up to January when he got injured was absolutely must have.

FHFC nailed it though about the lack of great consistent options upfront which is not the case in midfield.
    FHFC wrote: »
    I think thereare just more options in midfield too. If the likes of Benteke, Kane, Rooney etc were flying more people would be looking at Agueros spot.

Was that direcetd to me?

If so. Most people here give advice based on argumented points. If you don't agree you're free to say so. But I don't recall many of your interventions here.

But if you really trust more people's rankings than opinions, you should know that 1) current rankings mean absolutely nothing, 2) a lot of posters here are consistent top 20k finishers. If it's still not up to your own standard, no one's forcing you to come down here reading the "FSA casuals" nonsense :pac:...

iroced wrote: »
    But if you really trust more people's rankings than opinions, you should know that 1) current rankings mean absolutely nothing, 2) a lot of posters here are consistent top 20k finishers. If it's still not up to your own standard, no one's forcing you to come down here reading the "FSA casuals" nonsense :pac:...

Ah here, last week we were taking this game too seriously and offending him by using the term casual. Now we're dismissed as not worth listening if were not ranked high enough.

Enuf said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I know everything yous are going to say. But its still my gut move for next week.

I hope to not own him at all this season. Would rather Pedro or Hazard against Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think refs will be keeping a very close eye on him after yesterdays antics. Honestly, he was like a cartoon villain. Or the bad guy in a Disney film about a plucky kids soccer team composed of various outcasts and losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think it's a good move he isn't worth the price but you have to spend the money somewhere. None of the big hitters are performing so we all have money to burn. I've a strong front 8 and 3 million in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ah here, last week we were taking this game too seriously and offending him by using the term casual. Now we're dismissed as not worth listening if were not ranked high enough.

Enuf said.

Same guy???

Sorry RossieMan but the first sentence in your last post reads terribly and you'll get jip 100 times out of 100 on here for that.

Don't let it turn you off, many of us wound up the locals when we started, me included.:o;)

I think it's a good move he isn't worth the price but you have to spend the money somewhere. None of the big hitters are performing so we all have money to burn. I've a strong front 8 and 3 million in the bank.

Discipline wise I think that he's bound to be told to cool his jets a bit.

He's a risk but potentially high reward. His ceiling is higher than Pedro or Hazard in that hes capable of a hat trick if they do hammer somebody and if Chelsea keep playing like they did yesterday attack wise he'll get goals.

Also, i have to get rid of one of my three Swans with a tough fixture ahead and will be getting a chelsea player. And i want to keep Ayew so preferring Gomis to Costa over Ayew to Pedro/Haz, any of which I can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Discipline wise I think that he's bound to be told to cool his jets a bit.

He's a risk but potentially high reward. His ceiling is higher than Pedro or Hazard in that hes capable of a hat trick if they do hammer somebody and if Chelsea keep playing like they did yesterday attack wise he'll get goals.

Also, i have to get rid of one of my three Swans with a tough fixture ahead and will be getting a chelsea player. And i want to keep Ayew so preferring Gomis to Costa over Ayew to Pedro/Haz, any of which I can afford.
    To be fair, I think if you're ditching the usual reliables Hazard/Sanchez/Aguero to free up funds to change up your team, to go to someone in a similar price bracket who is less reliable generally and in no better form than these guys doesn't make much sense to me.

Can you fit Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero into your team as well as Costa? If not, I think you should be saving your big money signings for these guys first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've £1m in the bank. No idea what I'll do at the moment. Probably O'Shea to anyone as things stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Wasn't picking anyone out, more just annoyed at myself for listening to advise I got last week and I'd have been better listening to myself. I appreciate all the options, really gives good debate and its a great place to get different ideas about what way to play.

Really don't mean to be irritating people, I apologise for that.
    Any opinions and advice is more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Benteke > Martial anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Martial law is in effect!

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Martial law is in effect!

Fair play to him. He may be the antidote to my Costa attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Benteke > Martial anyone??

I think I will, especially with Sturridge back and now sharing the Liverpool attack.

Fair play to him. He may be the antidote to my Costa attraction.

Getting him in is a good move but anyone doing must accept he may not start/play every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

May need to wc if bentekes injured. I don't think I missed any double risers last night. I need to decide tonight as martial will probably double rise. Hopefully Rodgers gives more detail after the game

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Want to get Pedro in ahead of Chelsea's trip to Newcastle.

Was planning on switching Sanchez but not sure with Silva a doubt.

Will also go Gomis -> Martial as well for a hit.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Gomis to Martial anyway. May take a hit to get rid of Gomez then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

How bad was bentekes injury anyone know

Advertisement