Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

degsie wrote: »
    I see 'CSI Columbo' Bruce tailing the guy in the arrivals hall having used his keen eye to spot the luggage label on the rucksack. Result? No. Nothing. Gave him an opportunity to wave the badge, so not all was lost :)

Bruce will be a busy boy so, unless Are Lingus and Ryanair tell him that they tag excess hand luggage and put it in the hold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I wonder are customs getting any complaints about Bruce or the other ignoramus. I am ashamed to have these men represent my Country. Tourists must be disgusted to be greeted like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I wonder are customs getting any complaints about Bruce or the other ignoramus. I am ashamed to have these men represent my Country. Tourists must be discusted to be greeted like that.

I'd say they're disgusted also.

degsie wrote:
    I'd say they're disgusted also.

Is your life really that boring? Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What's worse is that this is a UK show, when RTE did their pathetic attempt at it (oh look at the lovely dog playing) it was only really shown in Ireland.
    What must the UK think about Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Is your life really that boring? Jesus!

Yep, that's why I watch crappy TV shows and boards posts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Just seen last night's show. God I can't stand bruce he is so rude. He suffers from small man syndrome

iano.p wrote:
    Just seen last night's show. God I can't stand bruce he is so rude. He suffers from small man syndrome

Are you insinuating something here pal? Don't be getting all aggressive ok, he is a law enforcement officer, do you understand that amigo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Are you insinuating something here pal? Don't be getting all aggressive ok, he is a law enforcement officer, do you understand that amigo?

ah here now, where you from? China is it, uno momento

ComfortKid wrote:

Sorry bud I was in a rush to get out. He never showed his badge bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd imagine drug paraphernalia cannot be brought through a port or airport

She was an arsehole.
    "Is there any way to avoid situations like this"
    "Yeah, don't bring drug into the country"

He didn't have any poxy drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

If you ever think your having a bad day...

Just imagine you could be Bruce and you could have forgotten to bring your badge to work AMIGO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'd say this programme is doing wonders for Shannon Airport traffic. The Shannon customs officers are coming across much better and professional than their Dublin counterparts. (And might I say some of the female officers are kind of nice looking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Had a meeting in work today I am going to be using the airport alot till xmas. I hope to god I meet bruce and try get a picture with our amigo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

iano.p wrote: »
    Had a meeting in work today I am going to be using the airport alot till xmas. I hope to god I meet bruce and try get a picture with our amigo
    He'd probably grill you on where'd you buy the camera, do you have a receipt and then seize it off you.
    On a serious note though I think photography is banned around there.

flazio wrote:
    On a serious note though I think photography is banned around there.

Really I suppose it makes sense. Back to the drawing board so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

iano.p wrote: »
    Really I suppose it makes sense. Back to the drawing board so

Get a smart watch with a camera and get a photo of him on the sly with it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

5 minutes with our Bruce, beats loosing the Lotto ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Did anyone notice how when he was trailing the chap in the backpack just before he cut through the channels that he reached into his pocket too have his badge ready in his hand when the man reached the gates ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how when he was trailing the chap in the backpack just before he cut through the channels that he reached into his pocket too have his badge ready in his hand when the man reached the gates ha ha

yeah saw that, reminded me of a US detective getting the gun out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

MrMac84 wrote: »

Ha ha. I noticed that too. He ran behind him with the badge in his hand behind his back. It was almost like the camera man knew what he was like and zoomed in on it for the craic!

Hey amigo, ive a badge buddy! Here it is, look thats my badge, im a customs officer, look there is my badge to prove it buddy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

rusty999 wrote: »
    Tonight's show of Stop Search seize showed the arrogance of some people who wear a uniform and it seems to give them a sense of power over others. A young guy travelling from Eindhoven was unlucky enough to meet one of those officers and was subjected to what I would call bullying and unnecessary arrogance from a rude ass who firstly I could hardly understand myself and I'm Irish because he spoke so fast and had a thick accent.

All he had to do was answer the very simple questions, and not be a dick about it. He would have been done in a couple of minutes, instead he acted like an asshole. Customs officer was fine.
    I was angry at the way he treated the Dutch kid.

LOL, a kid? Thankfully we don't have observant people like yourself working on our borders, you'd be slipping him a lollipop and sending him on his way with a wink and rub on the head. He was a grown adult FFS.

As for the most recent episode, the worse part was the stupid fake sirens they put on every time they showed the emergency vehicles at that plane.

What amazed me the most was the girl with the BMW they only went after her because she had being posting stuff on facebook including about checkpoints.

Theyre really watching absolutely everything.

Her defence of my sister works in a solicitors office was excellent.

Bruce is a wild card but it works both ways he does pull the agressive card a bit too soon but it does work well.

I was Doe'ing or cvrt or whatever its called now an import campervan and was using the same centre for a second time the guy had lost the weight from the previous time I questioned him about it and he straight away said stop being agressive

I'm far from agressive but straight away I was on the back foot spoke a lot quieter only after I left , I realised what he had done he played it very well.

The shannon guys are the best your man dermot is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 23 esicorty

Shameful bullying by overpaid out of touch civil servants. The two ringleaders identified should be removed from the airport as they have shown their unsuitability dealing with tourists. Better placed sucking diesel out of ford transits on a wet side of the road for that pair!

esicorty wrote: »
    Shameful bullying by overpaid out of touch civil servants. The two ringleaders identified should be removed from the airport as they have shown their unsuitability dealing with tourists. Better placed sucking diesel out of ford transits on a wet side of the road for that pair!

but bruce has a badge your aware of that hes a customs officer you know

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was coming back through Dublin airport yesterday. Disappointed not to see Bruce. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

esicorty wrote: »

Have you ever left the country and had to go through customs and immigration checks outside the EU? They arent the tourist welcoming committee

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

ThisRegard wrote: »
    All he had to do was answer the very simple questions, and not be a dick about it. He would have been done in a couple of minutes, instead he acted like an asshole. Customs officer was fine.

LOL, a kid? Thankfully we don't have observant people like yourself working on our borders, you'd be slipping him a lollipop and sending him on his way with a wink and rub on the head. He was a grown adult FFS.

As for the most recent episode, the worse part was the stupid fake sirens they put on every time they showed the emergency vehicles at that plane.

The young Dutch guy? are you happier now? His image was scrambled but it was obvious he was late teenager / or very early twenties. That to me is a kid. What difference doe it make?

My point was that, whatever age he was, he was treated appallingly. The age is not relevant but carry on with your fine observations.

People like myself??? how have you any idea what I am like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He wasn't a teenager. He was an adult. My point about "observant people like yourself" is that you obviously can't differentiate between a child and a fully grown working adult.

Advertisement