Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I think this is a good show too. Bruce is a great character.

That VRT guy didn't come off the best, did he? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I think this is a good show too. Bruce is a great character.

That VRT guy didn't come off the best, did he? :)

The customs officer or the the driver of the car? If its the latter, he hadnt a leg to stand on in, no point arguing when you break the law. He still got away with driving the car away though.

If it was me I wouldnt have let him leave giving his attitude.

Oh I meant the driver, absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dolgirl

Anyone out there watch this? Its on sky 1 on tuesdays. Tuned in and at first thought it was a satirical look at how customs work. Jeez tis brutal.From the guy dipping for green Diesel who can't stop smiling at the camera to the guy at Dublin Airport who seems to think he is John Mclane.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

such bloody handy numbers these people have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Managed to catch this last night and saw a couple of other episodes on catch up.
    Some of the items confiscated shocked me that they got onto an aircraft (OK I know it was likely checked in luggage but still)
    Now Bruce seriously needs to brush up on his people skills from what I've seen, particularly with that poor kid from Hong Kong, yes by all means ask those real personal questions but stay professional and detached about it.
    Also a sorting office in Portlaoise does the drug searches? So, drugs can come into the country and make it to the midlands before the authorities catch up with it? That sort of search should be done at the ports IMO.

I'd say most international post comes in by air. So the options are to set up screening at all international airports in the country, or centralise it all in a single location in the middle of the country before distributing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

flazio wrote: »
    Managed to catch this last night and saw a couple of other episodes on catch up.
    Some of the items confiscated shocked me that they got onto an aircraft (OK I know it was likely checked in luggage but still)
    Now Bruce seriously needs to brush up on his people skills from what I've seen, particularly with that poor kid from Hong Kong, yes by all means ask those real personal questions but stay professional and detached about it.
    Also a sorting office in Portlaoise does the drug searches? So, drugs can come into the country and make it to the midlands before the authorities catch up with it? That sort of search should be done at the ports IMO.

All the post goes through Portlaoise so that is the port for post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Bruce: where are you from?
    Passenger: China
    Bruce: Uno momento amigo

he is like the Stuart Dunne character in The Snapper. I really think he has an awful attitude and I would go berserk if he ever stopped me. Compare him to the gentler Cork officer, who gets the same result but without the "don't touch me or the bags, I'm not asking you that, I know you're lying"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I find Bruce refreshing!

"People are importing a lot of erectile dysfunction drugs, this is a growth area"

Episode 5, finally some drugs...750k worth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Only found out about it the other day - good series, far better than the (I think) RTE rubbish version.

Yeah Bruce, seems to have a bit of an attitude when you see all the other guys and gals doing the same job (does he really have to keep pushing his badge in front of peoples faces all the time) - could be just Sky showing the worst of him though (good tv and all that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bruce is a head wrecker. Look at my big badge!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Bruce is a head wrecker. Look at my big badge!

Not that big, maybe therein lies the problem - what did they do with the erectile dysfunction pills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not that big, maybe therein lies the problem - what did they do with the erectile dysfunction pills?

The illegal importation of these "is a growth area" according to ken....

wasn't ken on another show before maybe RTE, similar theme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I find Bruce refreshing!

I find him obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 tinto_85

Watching this programme now for the first time and I am disgusted at how unprofessional that Bruce guy is..

His obnoxious antagonistic demeanour is appalling.

An embarrassment..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah Bruce doesn't come across as a likable guy, he's not a fan of "Dem lads"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This Bruce guy is a sap

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

He's purely playing to the camera, I'd say.

Comes across as really unprofessional and dislikeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've turned it off, that prick is just annoying watching.

I've turned it off, that prick is just annoying watching.

A disgrace to the uniform...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He seems to be looking for a rise from people, one minute he is asking them what the items are, when they tell him he gets agressive and doesn't want to hear. Only way to deal with someone like that is take 5 second pauses on every response you give to every question he asks, giving him a highly technical answer to each question, will wreck his head and limit his reponse options.

He seems to be looking for a rise from people, one minute he is asking them what the items are, when they tell him he gets agressive and doesn't want to hear. Only way to deal with someone like that is take 5 second pauses on every response you give to every question he asks, giving him a highly technical answer to each question, will wreck his head and limit his reponse options.

He shouldn't be there in the first place with an attitude like that..

Go back a few episodes and watch Bruce do his bit for Irish-Chinese relations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It's a weapon, I do martial arts.

Advertisement