Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

This could be Bruce!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Why can't they just leave the Mexican flight alone til they move on, are they not traumatised enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,003 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This is me badge Amigo.

Bruce is on the case!!

Bruce for Minister for Foreign Affairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

"Don't you get narky, grumpy or aggressive with me buddy"

Pot and kettle eh, Bruce!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bruce is back baby! God what a horrible little man

Swanner wrote: »
    Bruce and Cogavin would both seriously benefit from some basic customer handling training... I say basic because they don't even have that right...

Seems like every time they stop someone it goes something like this...

Bruce: Howaya buddy. Where the **** do you think you're going ? Are you a drug smuggler ?

Passenger: Eh sorry, I was eh....

Bruce: I ****in knew it. You're carrying drugs aren't ya. There's me badge. I'm a wannabe law enforcement officer. Look, have you seen me badge ??

Passenger: Eh did you want to look in my bag or something ?

Bruce: How dare you speak to me !! I'm asking the questions amigo, You really need to sort your tone. This isn't how you speak to a wannabe law enforcement officer.

Passenger: Eh, I was happy to stand here and deal with you in a civil manner but you're really starting to piss me off with your aggressive tone....

And on and on it goes.

Yes Bruce you are a customs officer, yes you are "technically" a law enforcement officer so well done. Yes you have a big badge to show your authority, well done on that too. Unfortunately however, contrary to what you appear to believe, your badge and uniform do not command respect.

You have to earn that yourself through the manner in which you deal with people.

If you're wondering why so many passengers seem to have a bit of an attitude with you, maybe you and Cogavin should sit down and watch how the rest of your colleagues manage to do it.

They adopt a little respect, humility, and a civilized tone when approaching people. And funny enough, they get it back in return.

Great impression of Bruce!

He's up to his old tricks again in tonight's episode. Can't believe he said the Chinese lad was aggressive

i dont understand why they are so determined to find drugs on this flight, leave it to the French

M

Is it wise for customs to be rooting around panels in a plane that will be taking off with passengers without engineering staff supervising them?

Edit I stand corrected, no passengers will be getting on but I still think engineering staff would want to see what they are looking at, it's a lot different in a plane to a ship.

• Advertisement

D for Dog....good name

super disconcerting...damn hippies

M

Tinfoil wrapping cigarettes, it's up there with putting CD's on your car windscreen to avoid speed camera.

Roaring laughing at your man finding the experience "super disconcerting " then trying to swipe his grinder back at the end!

How many badge flashes will we have after the break??
    Tis like the Bruce show tonight ;-)

Tinfoil wrapping cigarettes, it's up there with putting CD's on your car windscreen to avoid speed camera.

Ha yeah and hairspray on the number plate to avoid the tolls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Christ, they took his grinder and empty bag cos it might have cannabis particles on it :rolleyes:

Purple shoes, he should be arrested for crimes against fashion

The tension of that bag scene! Some great action shots

M

Do French customs lads put on an Irish French accent when they are trying to speak to Irish passengers in France?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ha that's brilliant "I like to give them the benefit of a doubt, it's not my job to judge them"

M

The cigarettes are nicely wrapped to go under a Christmas tree.

Bruce: "I'm a customs officer"

I thought he was just there to make up the numbers

The cigarettes are nicely wrapped to go under a Christmas tree.

Yeah it looked more like silver wrapping paper than tin foil

Cienciano wrote:
    Christ, they took his grinder and empty bag cos it might have cannabis particles on it

I'd imagine drug paraphernalia cannot be brought through a port or airport

I'd imagine drug paraphernalia cannot be brought through a port or airport

Not if it has traces on, if I bought a new bong they'd not be able to take it would they?

Another week where all they found was a few fags, I walk home every evening past lads openly dealing drugs on the street, are smugglers outwitting the customs completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

"Don't you get narky, grumpy or aggressive with me buddy"

Pot and kettle eh, Bruce!

He left out how he's trained in martial arts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Not if it has traces on, if I bought a new bong they'd not be able to take it would they?

Another week where all they found was a few fags, I walk home every evening past lads openly dealing drugs on the street, are smugglers outwitting the customs completely?

On the others version of the show Aussie/UK/US/Candada they don't seem to have the same people every week. This would lead me to expect they follow a large number of individuals and then select the best bits.

For the Irish show they appear to only have been given access to a handful of individuals, expecting one of these handful to be one of the ones responsible for a significant haul is going to be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I see 'CSI Columbo' Bruce tailing the guy in the arrivals hall having used his keen eye to spot the luggage label on the rucksack. Result? No. Nothing. Gave him an opportunity to wave the badge, so not all was lost :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I think its a safe bet to say that cogavin one has delusions of grandeur due to the fact that he knows he is being filmed and giving the knowing smarmy grin to the camera as if to say ....Well I found nothing but I made him miss his bus to the Northern part of the "island of Ireland" ...
    What a donkey !! Bad ambassador for customer relations or should I say: Custom Relations

Advertisement