Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He wasn't a teenager. He was an adult. My point about "observant people like yourself" is that you obviously can't differentiate between a child and a fully grown working adult.

How do you know what age he was, and what difference does it make to the general discussion?

The image was scrambled. Unless you were there of course !

His age was irrelevant to my point and the general discussion...

People like myself? you're dead keen to lump me in with some generalisation you have in your head. You don't know me or what I stand for or how I treat people.

Great point.... well made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

28 minutes Amigos!

Prediction for tonight. Bruce gets sacked for being an ignorant little bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,006 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should do a total up at the end of the series to see who caught the most amount of stuff coming through.

M

Ha ha, the Chinese captain trying a few bungs, lol.

• Advertisement
    M

The captains a real wheeler dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Bruce was doing his thing in Terminal 2 this morning, there was 3 girls walking out in front of me pushing trollies and he was saying to them they'd an awful lot of luggage for a few days away. He looks and sounds like he's out to get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

They should send Bruce down to Rosslare. He would sort out that guy with a flash of his badge.

M

Did he just get away with no search for playing the race card?

Customs guy in Rosslare seems to have gone to the same charm school as Bruce.

• Advertisement

Does poor Dermot ever get a day off??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I was wondering about that black lad, did he get off not being checked?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Irish customs officers seem much ruder than those in UK/Canada/Australia from similar shows. I don't know why there aren't translators available to customs agencies either like there are in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Customs guy in Rosslare seems to have gone to the same charm school as Bruce.

His job isn't about being charming... sometimes in that type of job the best approach is to put on a bit of pressure and gauge the other person's reaction.

I'm sure you'd have something different to say if they showed an alternte version of the show from the perspective of people waltzing through customs channels with drugs while having a charming time chatting with lovely friendly customs officers who wouldn't dream of upsetting or challenging anyone ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Possibly the weakest episode yet this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Mc Love wrote: »
    Possibly the weakest episode yet this season

Bruce was showing his 'soft' side.

His job isn't about being charming... sometimes in that type of job the best approach is to put on a bit of pressure and gauge the other person's reaction.

I'm sure you'd have something different to say if they showed an alternte version of the show from the perspective of people waltzing through customs channels with drugs while having a charming time chatting with lovely friendly customs officers who wouldn't dream of upsetting or challenging anyone ... :rolleyes:

He was downright rude, barking questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Worst episode of the lot tonight. There must be no drugs or big amounts of cigarettes coming in to the country..

How many more episodes in this series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

" See that yellow bag thats from amsterdam duty free" - What a line from bruce

The chinese captain was some buck alright cigarettes in the pocket swiftly followed up by I dont smoke anymore very funny.

The 4 lads at shannon were defo suss and fair play to dermot he kept at them and at them they nearly cracked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dermot does seem to do a lot compared to other customs officers, I remember a few weeks ago he was part of a raid of some sort, and now heading down to Foynes for a search. I wonder if any of the Dubs get away days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Did he just get away with no search for playing the race card?

Yep, terribly weak by Leo to fold

It should be a criminal offence to attempt to pull a stunt like the one he (the non white driver that was stopped) did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Worst episode of the lot tonight. There must be no drugs or big amounts of cigarettes coming in to the country..

How many more episodes in this series?

Customs seize massive amounts, obviously so far not during the window of filming this show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

There really wasn't enough material for 20 hour long episodes, what are Sky thinking?

There's no doubt the customs do a good job in their various departments and do have big seizures, I suspect a lot of the big port importations are allowed through so the Gardai/Customs can track the importers, so they wouldn't make it on this show anyway but the show is only serving to make Customs look like a bunch of bumbling idiots who are seeing drugs everywhere there aren't and harassing travellers needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenore

Maybe a bruceeee bonus tonight amigos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Man united beaten and a new episode of stop search seize. It's like Christmas Day already.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Ok buddy

M

They should get the customs lads one of those translation apps for their phones/tablets.

M

Badge out, wohoo.

• Advertisement
    M

Why have none of the other customs officers at either airport used their badge at all in any of the shows so far except Bruce who uses it nearly every episode?

Advertisement