Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

jmreire wrote: »
    He represented everything that was wrong with putting a would be bully in uniform, and giving him a badge and authority. I'd hazard a bet that he does not behave like that in civilian life.....he would be put in his place very quick.:)

I work in Dublin airport and see Bruce a lot dealing with passengers. His manner in the show is exactly the as he handles passengers in real airport life. He’s the perfect customs officer, not soft and takes no s***!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I work in Dublin airport and see Bruce a lot dealing with passengers. His manner in the show is exactly the as he handles passengers in real airport life. He’s the perfect customs officer, not soft and takes no s***!

Well hello Bruce and welcome to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 81,707 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But I don't see it as beneficial in getting results, if I came across him I'd basically become a complete pr!ck if he came at me with that attitude, give respect get respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yeah the lad at Shannon had a totally different approach compared to that other little bollix, he was good at getting information out of people by just chatting to them in a casual manner.

The lad in Shannon is sound, just a really nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Riamfada wrote: »
    Where did Bruce go ? Who is this new guy . I dont like it my friend.

He's still there. Just not dealing with the public as much from what I could see when I was working in T1 last summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I saw him last summer when I was coming home from the states, he was standing by the nothing to declare area there before you go out to arrivals. I said "howya Bruce" to him as I passed and he had a face on him like thunder haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭corks finest

.red. wrote: »
    He was brilliant, winding up the old ladies coming from Lourdes, asking if they'd filled the holy water bottles with vodka.
    He got the same results, doing the same job, but polar opposites.
    Bruce was just a bully with a badge, that he loved to show at every opportunity

Don't think so,I enjoyed watching him,for anyone who travelled extensively other countries custom's ppl are ignoramuses compared to Bruce,ie US

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

Don't think so,I enjoyed watching him,for anyone who travelled extensively other countries custom's ppl are ignoramuses compared to Bruce,ie US

I've traveled quite a lot too, and for sure you will meet much worse than Bruce, but that's no standard to aim for. He is just a bully boy in a uniform, and is definitely not the first impression we want to give to visitors. How come every other Custom's officers we have can behave much more humanely, and still get the job done??? Square peg in a round hole...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,707 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At 1pm today Pick are showing the first 5 episodes of Series 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still showing series 1 on sky witness. I’m embarrassed to be from the country where this was made. Did nobody watch it back before it aired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,649 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bruce is the reason why Revenue/ Customs weren’t involved in Series 2. His biggest problem was his communication skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

Do they deliberately not show seizure of anything on this show?

Looks like harassing innocent tourists mostly.

Colourful chap alright,I enjoyed him TBH,

Annoying at times but sure it's TV

Doubt he's anywhere like that in real life,

He'd get a slap in Cork airport I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

" I didn't ask you dat"

"No problem buddy"

"Ok my friend"

Never saw him at the airport anytime I was there, he must be retired now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I saw him a few times back in the day when I was flying on an almost weekly basis….

Even just seeing him in the flesh you’d definitely get a sense of Napoleon syndrome wafting off him…

he always had a look on him like he knew almost everyone was smuggling drugs in around him, but he just didn’t know who it was….. and that he was the last line of defence for the entire country but wasn’t appreciated enough for his efforts…. In his eyes he’s the most important person in the airport.

if you watch the show, you’ll notice that almost every time he ‘puts on the Bruce show’, he’ll have a little glance at the camera first to make sure he’s being filmed….

• Registered Users Posts: 23 esicorty

I see the best of Bruce is on you tube, no one else just wall to wall Bruce. He looks even more silly today.

Era harmless

• Registered Users Posts: 28,649 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It’s being repeated on one of the UK channels, Dave?, these days, so you can get your fill of Bruce there.

Advertisement