Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

No sign of bruce?
    Not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Can this Sgt whatever replace Bruce?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,012 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No airport customs, no Revenue officials, no Bruce, I'm not happy.

#BringBackBruce

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

From the info bar on Sky "Join Ireland's Customs teams".

They'll need to amend that as I don't think there was any customs staff featured for the entire episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
    M

This post has been deleted.

So far was Dublin Airport Immigration, Knock Airport Security, Dublin Port Security, Gardaí and Search & Rescue. The customs and revenue of the last series had the best "interactions" with the public :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Sargent kelly looks like a good strict cop not taking any crap. Bruce will be missed if he isn't on any more

M

iano.p wrote: »
    Sargent kelly looks like a good strict cop not taking any crap. Bruce will be missed if he isn't on any more

Yes he's completely on the ball, knew all the trade plate regulations and rules, wasn't taking the amateur excuses. If only he could say a few amigos or compadres when telling people he was going to seize their car and turn it in to a cube :D

M

Repeated this Sunday 11pm for anyone who missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm still watching the repeats on Pick. I don't have sky so didn't see it first time.

My daughter saw Bruce while I was watching the other night and she remembered him.

He made her take every little thing out of her bags, even though the dogs had cleared it. She reckoned he wanted the "Babes" behind her to wait a little longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If the season 2 version episode 1 is the way the series is going it won't be as interesting to be honest.

Watched it just now and god was it a joke watching the guys chasing the guy who would in turn just run off.
    Security with no power to detain is just embarrassing and how that made TV makes us Irish look like a laughing stock.

The guy hijacked a van and supposedly robbed a passenger how in god's name could he be let run off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

If the season 2 version episode 1 is the way the series is going it won't be as interesting to be honest.

Watched it just now and god was it a joke watching the guys chasing the guy who would in turn just run off.
    Security with no power to detain is just embarrassing and how that made TV makes us Irish look like a laughing stock.

The guy hijacked a van and supposedly robbed a passenger how in god's name could he be let run off.

Agreed, I think maybe this "head of security" who I think said he was ex military could be in-line to be our next Bruce.

M

15 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

15 minutes to go.
    Not a patch on the last series. Don't think I'll be watching again.

M

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Not a patch on the last series. Don't think I'll be watching again.

Yes it's brutal, the customs at the airport and on the road was the most interesting part of last series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just watching the second one now. The jury is out on what I think......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Not a patch on last season , it's a all bit cringeworthy to be honest....they all look very amateurish compared to uk or similar countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

harr wrote: »
    Not a patch on last season , it's a all bit cringeworthy to be honest....they all look very amateurish compared to uk or similar countries...

That's because they are. From Bruce to the Immigration guy getting "proof" that the south African was returning by ringing a random phone number to the security gobshytes letting some scumbag run around the fuel processing plant in the port. All pathetically unprofessional and seemingly incapable of carrying out their jobs to the same standard of similar roles in other countries.

If Sky or the BBC made a comedy about a bunch of incompetent Oirish customs types they would be slated as anti-Irish but point a camera at the real thing and it is almost beyond parody just how thick paddy our law enforcement professionals actually are.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    That's because they are. From Bruce to the Immigration guy getting "proof" that the south African was returning by ringing a random phone number to the security gobshytes letting some scumbag run around the fuel processing plant in the port. All pathetically unprofessional and seemingly incapable of carrying out their jobs to the same standard of similar roles in other countries.

If Sky or the BBC made a comedy about a bunch of incompetent Oirish customs types they would be slated as anti-Irish but point a camera at the real thing and it is almost beyond parody just how thick paddy our law enforcement professionals actually are.
    Those two port security men are a joke ,no professionalism at all ...don't think any smugglers would to worried after watching this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

I don't quite get the embarrassment. The man was detained in the end, so they all did their job.

My only complaint about the new series is the lack of Bruce. I wonder was he gently pushed to one side when the cameras came in after his exposure last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I don't quite get the embarrassment. The man was detained in the end, so they all did their job.

My only complaint about the new series is the lack of Bruce. I wonder was he gently pushed to one side when the cameras came in after his exposure last year?

Detained???

Even the gardai were real laid back ah sure.

The guy was let run off how many times he hijacked a van and not a single security officer or garda to detain him for how long 30 or 50 mins he had free rain to run about highly flammable tanks and was smoking also.

Honestly I was cringing watching it.

If security has no power they really aren't security are they?

It is embarrassing and this is broadcast making a mockery of the Irish.

Do you see security in any other country letting things like that happen no you wouldn't.

M

Theres no Customs involvememt at all in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The port security chasing the lad around Dublin Port is like something out of Father Ted, I thought anyone could perform a citizens arrest?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=251843

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That guy people are complaining about not being detained had the potential, and threatened to, be violent. The security lads managed to keep track of him without getting into a violent scuffle until the gardai arrived. Worked out pretty well for them, why would they risk getting into a physical confrontation?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That guy people are complaining about not being detained had the potential, and threatened to, be violent. The security lads managed to keep track of him without getting into a violent scuffle until the gardai arrived. Worked out pretty well for them, why would they risk getting into a physical confrontation?

Because that is their job, or at least it should be.

Because that is their job, or at least it should be.

Why should it be? The situation was contained, the bad guy was caught. What do you want to change?

Why should it be? The situation was contained, the bad guy was caught. What do you want to change?

It would be nice if security and law enforcement at our main sea port resembled a professional operation not a Benny Hill sketch.

You think it is acceptable to let scumbags run around fuel storage facilities because a mickey mouse security operation are sh!t scared of arresting them?

The situation was hardly what you called contained, surely our ports should have a proper police force like the airport cops ...why is it down to a private security firm with little or no power to police our ports...with the current situation in Europe our ports should be properly policed...

It would be nice if security and law enforcement at our main sea port resembled a professional operation not a Benny Hill sketch.

You think it is acceptable to let scumbags run around fuel storage facilities because a mickey mouse security operation are sh!t scared of arresting them?
    harr wrote: »
    The situation was hardly what you called contained, surely our ports should have a proper police force like the airport cops ...why is it down to a private security firm with little or no power to police our ports...with the current situation in Europe our ports should be properly policed...
    I don't think those lads were 'private security firm' tbh. I though they were harbour police, who have particular legal limitations on their role and authority.

Don't you just love those people who watch five minutes of edited TV and have suddenly become experts in port security, far more experts than those who have safely protected out ports for decades?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know when next on pick tv?

Advertisement