Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Minister wrote: »
    Am watching this on gawd knows what channel - holed up at home because of snow. The customs people seem totally inept, soft and unprofessional when compared to other countries.

The staff seem very lax about their work. No wonder so much stuff can get through......

And, whats worse, as public sector staff they are extraordinarily well paid between pay, expenses, allowances, holidays and pension etc.

How exactly did you manage to come to that conclusion from show that just shows them stopping people/stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

I've this thread followed and get so excited when I see a new post lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Bruce Heller is on Pick at the moment 'eyeballing' suspect passangers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

keano25 wrote: »
    Bruce Heller is on Pick at the moment 'eyeballing' suspect passangers

Ahhhh series one. The good ol days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Bruce " Comprende Amigo" Heller / Bruce " Im not your buddy, buddy" Heller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Glebee wrote: »
    Bruce " Comprende Amigo" Heller / Bruce " Im not your buddy, buddy" Heller

Even better when his daughter launched a tirade on twitter in defence of her dad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Even better when his daughter launched a tirade on twitter in defence of her dad

Oh really?

Bruce has his own Facebook fan page

Bruce Heller is a Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Where did Bruce go ? Who is this new guy . I dont like it my friend.

Riamfada wrote: »

Listen Pal, first of all I’m not your buddy! Ok Buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Riamfada wrote: »

New episodes?

• Advertisement

New episodes?

Please God let it be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

.red. wrote: »
    Please God let it be true

No good if there no Bruce

Glebee wrote: »
    No good if there no Bruce

No comprende buddy

The airport customs were dropped for season 2 (when it was made a good few years ago now), and I’d hazard a guess Bruce was a big part of the reason they were dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The airport customs were dropped for season 2 (when it was made a good few years ago now), and I’d hazard a guess Bruce was a big part of the reason they were dropped.

All of Revenue was dropped for S2, probably for the same reason.

It's hard to imagine how be was put forward for the show. He was an absolute pig of a man and also a complete idiot when it came to dealing with people.
    Usually with shows like this, the companies they film have a say on the final cuts for tv, the customs bosses either happily left Bruce in, or what they did cut was too much for tv and they left in his "milder" episodes which is even madder that he's allowed operate like he does.

I remember his daughter got wind of the online abuse he was getting and started tweeting replies to people, it was all very hilarious and entertaining.

Bruce was clearly playing up to the cameras.

You’d actually see him going to approach people, and he’d always be checking to see if the camera was on him. he’d also be approaching people who he almost knew he’d get the best reaction out of.

Perhaps his employer was more than happy to have him front and centre as without him, the sections at the airports would have all been very boring, and not worthy of airing...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Bruce was clearly playing up to the cameras.

You’d actually see him going to approach people, and he’d always be checking to see if the camera was on him. he’d also be approaching people who he almost knew he’d get the best reaction out of.

Perhaps his employer was more than happy to have him front and centre as without him, the sections at the airports would have all been very boring, and not worthy of airing...

Was lucky enough to see the man in person about a year ago. Was hoping he would stop me, but instead he pulled over a couple of non-Irish young lads. I dont think he is brave enough to tackle Irish people

I’ve seen him plenty of times in person over the years,

Looks as mad in real life as he looks on TV.

Has the look of a man who’s convinced the world is trying to pull a fast one on him.

delricyo wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to see the man in person about a year ago. Was hoping he would stop me, but instead he pulled over a couple of non-Irish young lads. I dont think he is brave enough to tackle Irish people

No I seen him pull a young lad once after a flight home from Amsterdam, Irish fella who obviously watched the show.. he said to Bruce, Uno momento amigo in the thickest inner city Dublin accent you could hear.. Bruce went to town on him, unfortunately I couldn't hang around to see how it panned out

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    he said to Bruce, Uno momento amigo in the thickest inner city Dublin accent you could hear..

I'd say Bruce got a lot of that,...... and still does..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm amazed foreigners could even know what Bruce was saying to them, must be an experience having this bad mannered little fella approaching them as they make their way throught the airport.

I'm amazed foreigners could even know what Bruce was saying to them, must be an experience having this bad mannered little fella approaching them as they make their way throught the airport.

Compare Bruce to the guy that was down in Shannon, he was gas craic, even for all the lads coming in from Amsterdam....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭jmreire

And Bord Failte spend million's each year trying to get tourists to visit, and the first point of contact they have with Ireland is Bruce......No Thanks, If thats his manner in real life...he is wasted in Dublin Airport. Should be in some Country with a military dictatorship. He'd fit in just fine , with a heavily armed thug on either side,,, He's a bad advertisement for Ireland anyway.

Best one was 'uno momento amigo' was one of his one liners, I remember a Chinese couple looking rather bemused when he said it to them and them during one of the episodes he stops a young Spanish lad and tells him to 'stall the ball pal' Spanish lad didn't have a clue..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,107 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Bruce would have made a great undercover Customs Officer, but his cover is blown now. Maybe he was one at one time!

I wonder is there a 'Best of Bruce' on YouTube?

Not your ornery onager

Compare Bruce to the guy that was down in Shannon, he was gas craic, even for all the lads coming in from Amsterdam....

He was brilliant, winding up the old ladies coming from Lourdes, asking if they'd filled the holy water bottles with vodka.
    He got the same results, doing the same job, but polar opposites.
    Bruce was just a bully with a badge, that he loved to show at every opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm going to have to go back and watch this now for Bruce alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭jmreire

.red. wrote: »
    He was brilliant, winding up the old ladies coming from Lourdes, asking if they'd filled the holy water bottles with vodka.
    He got the same results, doing the same job, but polar opposites.
    Bruce was just a bully with a badge, that he loved to show at every opportunity

He represented everything that was wrong with putting a would be bully in uniform, and giving him a badge and authority. I'd hazard a bet that he does not behave like that in civilian life.....he would be put in his place very quick.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah the lad at Shannon had a totally different approach compared to that other little bollix, he was good at getting information out of people by just chatting to them in a casual manner.

Advertisement