Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop, Search, Seize (Sky1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,012 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know when next on pick tv?

Tomorrow 9pm buddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't waste an hour it's absolutely rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Vic_08 wrote: »
    It would be nice if security and law enforcement at our main sea port resembled a professional operation not a Benny Hill sketch.

You think it is acceptable to let scumbags run around fuel storage facilities because a mickey mouse security operation are sh!t scared of arresting them?
    harr wrote: »
    The situation was hardly what you called contained, surely our ports should have a proper police force like the airport cops ...why is it down to a private security firm with little or no power to police our ports...with the current situation in Europe our ports should be properly policed...
    I don't think those lads were 'private security firm' tbh. I though they were harbour police, who have particular legal limitations on their role and authority.

Don't you just love those people who watch five minutes of edited TV and have suddenly become experts in port security, far more experts than those who have safely protected out ports for decades?

There's only 3 Harbour Police left in Dublin Port. The rest were all pensioned off a few years back. Most of the lads involved are Port Security and are contracted from a private firm with the exception of some of the senior management who are Dublin Port staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Anybody watch tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Theres no Customs involvememt at all in this series.

THis is very interesting. You'd have to wonder what happened to lead to this decision that Customs are out, while Gardai, Immigration, RSA and Port Security are all on board. Could somebody's fame/infamy have gotten out of control?

• Advertisement
    M

THis is very interesting. You'd have to wonder what happened to lead to this decision that Customs are out, while Gardai, Immigration, RSA and Port Security are all on board. Could somebody's fame/infamy have gotten out of control?

Probably revealed too much, I'd imagine anyone featured on the show gets head wrecking passengers annoying them as they now know them on first name terms. Last 3 times I have gone through Dublin Airport I could actually from the show name customs officials I saw on duty, probably not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm sure the two series were filmed side by side and then cut up
    Into two series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was devastated last Sunday night.
    Came through T1 and no Bruce.
    I even checked to see if he was skulking about the baggage hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This series or rather this season is rather boring

Who'd thought we'd miss Bruce, looks like they picked up the cut out bits from season 1 and used them

Watching customs checking passports or tourists preferring to walk back to their liner is not really riveting TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

fritzelly wrote: »
    This series or rather this season is rather boring

Who'd thought we'd miss Bruce, looks like they picked up the cut out bits from season 1 and used them
    I have to disagree. This series is better and much more watchable without that arrogant and egotistical individual with his badge at the ready to bully and threaten passengers with no good reason. He was an embarrassment and did untold damage to the reputation of the Irish on a popular Satellite TV Channel. His colleagues did a much better job in a proper professional manner. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that, after his antics in Series 1, the producers were told by the Authorities to leave him out of Series 2. I'm delighted to see the back of him and don't miss him one little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Mebuntu wrote: »
    I have to disagree. This series is better and much more watchable without that arrogant and egotistical individual with his badge at the ready to bully and threaten passengers with no good reason. He was an embarrassment and did untold damage to the reputation of the Irish on a popular Satellite TV Channel. His colleagues did a much better job in a proper professional manner. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that, after his antics in Series 1, the producers were told by the Authorities to leave him out of Series 2. I'm delighted to see the back of him and don't miss him one little bit.

+1

100% agree. The guy is an embarrassment in so many ways. I passed him the other day and he had 1 foot up on a small desk slouched over like a football manager in a dugout. Any tourists arriving into Dublin are greeted by this moron representing Ireland and our laws. The guy should have been given a desk job years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

When or where is the new series on? Many getting caught using the jungle juice along the border?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

sparrowcar wrote: »
    +1

100% agree. The guy is an embarrassment in so many ways. I passed him the other day and he had 1 foot up on a small desk slouched over like a football manager in a dugout. Any tourists arriving into Dublin are greeted by this moron representing Ireland and our laws. The guy should have been given a desk job years ago.
    Had a friend pass him a few weeks ago as well ...he was giving the third degree to some unfortunate middle-aged Spanish tourist wagging his finger at them badge out and all, my mate taught a lot of it was for show for the cameras but it seems he still is just as bad off camera ...why would Dublin airport want someone like that to be the first Irish person some tourists might encounter...
    Fine customs have a job to do but it can be done in a civil manner which the other custom officers proved ..
    Saying that I do miss him on the show because you just never knew what he might be at from one show to the other..

M

Capone79 wrote: »
    When or where is the new series on? Many getting caught using the jungle juice along the border?

Sky 1 on Tuesdays at 8pm. No customs involvement in this series so no diesel checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

This show is very different in the second season.....no customs....and no characters...... Where's Bruce?? Its all very stiff and humourless in Season 2....a little over-produced

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

coupland wrote: »
    Where's Bruce??
    dole queue?
    nut house?
    shallow grave?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

rubadub wrote: »
    dole queue?
    nut house?
    shallow grave?

I flew into Dublin last Fri morning and there he was with the big humpy back on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Capone79 wrote: »
    I flew into Dublin last Fri morning and there he was with the big humpy back on him!

who? Quasimodo

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's very random this series.

Everything from immigrants in the airport to the Traffic Corps catching speeders in Swords to ending every episode with rescuing a casualty from a boat well off the coast.

• Advertisement
    M

I stopped watching after about the 3rd episode, it's not a patch on the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Must say I'm impressed with the two traffic guards we regularly follow. Good heads on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Like the coast guard bits at the end of every episode in season 2. But all in all season one is far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dave98 wrote: »
    Like the coast guard bits at the end of every episode in season 2. But all in all season one is far better

Season one was better for comedic entertainment and stupidity by the customs officers taking part, season two is a lot better as we get to see the real thing in operation with the only "celebrities" being a few security guards at Dublin Port.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's got better as the 1st episode was pure cringe.
    How port security got in I really can't understand mind blown at who could think that one up.

Always now look forward to the police segment as they call it and love all the cars taken away it should be done a hell of a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bruce is back
    "I'm a customs officer" "you're agresssive"
    "I've been up since 5am I'm tired too and not moaning in your ear"

I missed him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I saw that one yesterday. Think it was the very first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bruce is back
    "I'm a customs officer" "you're agresssive"
    "I've been up since 5am I'm tired too and not moaning in your ear"

I missed him

It's a repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

He's a wannabe guard

Advertisement