Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I am thinking I'll do Huth to Evans and Depay to Coutinho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Gomes to ruddy.
    Kane to benteke for a -4. Waiting for aguero/sterling news but this -4 sorts out my team for the next 2-3 weeks, so I probably won't need to wildcard for the moment. A lot depends on Tuesday though, and I may wildcard yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

FatRat wrote: »
    I just wildcard and I've come up with this.

2elsefp.png

I'm loading up on Liverpool but only for the next two weeks, then one of the defenders is gone. Other than that this looks like the based long-term team I can see. Thoughts? I have 0.5 in the bank.

Drop Cech to at least a 4.5 and get bellerin in for lovren. If you're going to bench darmian there's no point in having him, so downgrade him as well. Front 5 looks pretty decent, exact same front 3 as me. Some may think Sinclair is too expensive for a 5th mid, but with aguero and silva worries it mightn't be the worst idea to keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Olson out-
    Thinking Naughton or Evans or another?
    (5.4m to spend with Kol and Darmian as first choice)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Anyone have trouble getting on to the site lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

skippy15 wrote: »
    Olson out-

What's your back 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Olson out-

Craig Dawson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

ElTel wrote: »
    What's your back 7?

Begovic mccarthy
    kolorav darmian olsson muniesa with taylor bench fodder

Begovic and taylor may be problems for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Begovic mccarthy
    kolorav darmian olsson muniesa with taylor bench fodder

Begovic and taylor may be problems for another day

Looks ok for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Romero »»» ??? (Myhill? Gomes? Begovic?) 0.1 already lost...

Currently have McCarthy and the following defense: kolarov, bellerìn, gomez, targett, oxford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dahat is considering shifting gomis to benteke based on what ive seen so far Id much prefer a swansea striker. Wilson I have but would wait and see how murray affects him. Liverpool's fixtures are good but they havent looked like they can attack properly in a long time. If aguero was out id consider benteke due to the complete lack of options for strikers.

With 2 ft made I can now switch Igahlo to Benteke for a -4 if I feel the need too. Still a likely scenario but it will take me a little longer to press confirm for a -4.

Also have the Harps CL to consider as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Looking at my team this morning and I don't really see much I need to change for next week (assuming Aguero is fit). No price rise or drop issues pressing. And given my wildcard is gone, and I'm going to need to make changes at some stage, effectively every FT is saving me a hit down the line. In that context Gomis to Benteke for -4 I'd definitely not do.

Anyone see anything needing surgery? Otherwise I'll be taking a week off!!

362310.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Watford fullback. They have kept a clean sheet in every home match so far and he has been the best in terms of BPS along their back four

Just to add to this. He also gets forward a good bit. Brought him in for last week and it worked a charm as he got 7. He'll contribute an assist or two along the way. He's looking like one of Watford's best signings of the summer (and there were a lot).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

@BenDinnery

Raheem Sterling and David Silva both train ahead of the UCL v Juventus.
    Aguero doesn't #MCFC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any thoughts on what I should do this week? Have 2FTs and 0.4 itb. I'm thinking Chadli to Sako, and maybe Davies to Nyom.

Myhill / Butland
    Kolarov / Gomez / Shaw / Davies / Targett
    Silva / Chadli / Sanchez / Mahrez / Anya
    Aguero / Benteke / Gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    Looking at my team this morning and I don't really see much I need to change for next week (assuming Aguero is fit). No price rise or drop issues pressing. And given my wildcard is gone, and I'm going to need to make changes at some stage, effectively every FT is saving me a hit down the line. In that context Gomis to Benteke for -4 I'd definitely not do.

We seem to have very similar teams. The only differences are your Gomis and Shaw to my Sakho and Darmian.

You have much money in the bank? Yaya is one I'm keeping an eye on. Might upgrade him to one of Silva, Sterling or de Bruyne in a week or two.

Edit: Also, Myhill may require a FT in a few weeks if he loses his spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

We seem to have very similar teams. The only differences are your Gomis and Shaw to my Sakho and Darmian.

You have much money in the bank? Yaya is one I'm keeping an eye on. Might upgrade him to one of Silva, Sterling or de Bruyne in a week or two.

Edit: Also, Myhill may require a FT in a few weeks if he loses his spot.

4.6m in the bank. Possible myhill transfer or future necessity to upgrade yaya are more reasons to bank it this week really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

FHFC wrote: »

I see no reason not to run with that team (provided Aguerro is fit - we should know more today). I'd be happy to bank it.

As Greedy Goblin has said, Myhill might need changing in a few weeks, but hopefully you'll have gained .1 out of him if he does need to be changed so thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Huth looks to be on his way to a drop, so might address that. Worrying that Aguero is questionable. Having 13m invested in that is painful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 3m3 minutes ago
    PELLEGRINI: "@aguerosergiokun is not fit for tomorrow. He has an injury to his knee. @21lva and @sterling7 are fit." #cityvjuve

@StuBrennanMEN 16s17 seconds ago
    Pellegrini; Aguero hopefully OK for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pellegrini said we should know this afternoon how long he'll be out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what I should do this week? Have 2FTs and 0.4 itb. I'm thinking Chadli to Sako, and maybe Davies to Nyom.

Myhill / Butland
    Kolarov / Gomez / Shaw / Davies / Targett
    Silva / Chadli / Sanchez / Mahrez / Anya
    Aguero / Benteke / Gomis
    Nothing major needed here. I haven't checked their fixtures but yeah a Watford def may be a nice addition to your backline since they seem to get focused on not conceding at home ;).
    Not sure it's the best time to get Sako in (Spurs & Watford away next 2, both teams either not conceding much and/or defensively solid at home).
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Huth looks to be on his way to a drop, so might address that. Worrying that Aguero is questionable. Having 13m invested in that is painful
    Huth is annoying. If he'd done a De Laet yesterday he'd be rising today... He used to be great for a goal. Has he stopped going upfront for corners?

Already lost £0.2m on Coates. Now looks like £0.1m on Huth. I really blame myself for not getting Gomez from the beginning as one of my £4.5m def. I'm gonna regret those £0.1m in a couple of GWs...

My ideal transfer this week could well be Agüero -> Benteke though. Even if for 1 GW only, maybe even for -4 (but I'd definitely need Sergio not to feature at all next GW). 'Pool & Benteke both love scoring against Norwich (that was the main thing that made me hesitate selling him for Wilson last week).

Ah well, it's a weird season. I can't believe I already took 4 4 pts hits in 4 "transfer-GWs" :eek: :rolleyes:. 3 out of 4 worked well to great... which isn't helping me to calm down on the transfer button :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'm chancing that aguero will be fit for the weekend so going to go with pedro and darmian out silva and gomez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I hate 'hopeful'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any thoughts on a replacement for Payet, unless the useless **** does something this evening he's gone. Have Mahrez, Sanchez, Yaya, Westwood and Gomis up front (so no to Ayew)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Every chance I'm losing it but thinking of going Depay to Couthino and doubling up on Couthino and Benteke for the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a replacement for Payet, unless the useless **** does something this evening he's gone. Have Mahrez, Sanchez, Yaya, Westwood and Gomis up front (so no to Ayew)
    Ayew & Gomis to Benteke upfront if you had 2 FT :p.

There's no stand out replacements. Mata could be one but United run ahead is getting tough. Pedro could be but maybe too dear and Chelsea are miisfiring big time.
    Unless you wish to jump on Barkley or Hoolahan, maybe Payet is no that bad an option... Aside from their game away to City next week their fixtures aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

bohsman wrote: »
    Every chance I'm losing it but thinking of going Depay to Couthino and doubling up on Couthino and Benteke for the next 2 weeks.

Maybe crazy like a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SlickRic wrote: »
    I hate 'hopeful'.

But if he's hopeful for the weekend, then you'd imagine he's a cert for GW7, and selling Aguero because he's missing one match would be insanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Huth is annoying. If he'd done a De Laet yesterday he'd be rising today... He used to be great for a goal. Has he stopped going upfront for corners?

I think I'm just going to hold him and swallow the loss. I have 4.5 million banked and don't plan on playing Huth anyway this weekend so having 2 FTs next week could be a big positive.

Team for next weekend is:

Myhill
    Shaw Kolarov Gomez
    Ayew Mahrez Pedro Sterling
    Aguero Benteke Wilson
    McCarthy, Huth, Fletcher, Taylor

I can't see a transfer there. I have an eye on Sanchez but they're away to Chelsea and as bad as they are playing Jose will surely park a double decker bus. He'd have to be for Ayew, Sterling or Pedro and I'm not in a rush to transfer any of those.

Advertisement