Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Thing is I've missed so many Gomis rises it kinda feels like a defeat in getting him in at this stage :P

#GW3WILDCARD. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FHFC wrote: »

Well arent you just amazing :P I still have it in the bag waiting for the right time to pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'll probably dump Azpi and Depay this week as they're trying to ruin me. Saying that I have a real hankering to swap Yaya for Kevin Debryne or whatever at City. Even yesterday from the highlights he was pinging some delightful passes through. He'll be a force.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Would people wildcard this side? (FT already used on Ruddy to Gomes)

UBYdI2Z.png

If I activated it, I'd change Rudd, Saylor, Souare, maybe Gomez, Albrighton, Silva and Aguero if injured, Kane, and maybe Sakho. But I'm fine going with Gomes as solo GK, Souare was a 90' goal from 9 points yesterday and has good fixtures after Spurs, Gomez has two good fixtures, etc.

I'm in two minds about it, Kane will definitely go for at least a -4 this GW and I don't know if continually holding the WC will give me that perfect chance where everything clicks. There are some fixture shifts around GW10/11, but some forward planning could take care of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well arent you just amazing :P I still have it in the bag waiting for the right time to pull the trigger :)

Sorry. Couldn't resist! ;)

• Advertisement

Probably should have just done it then. Would be at least 10 points better off and 1m in TV. The longer you drag out a WC, the more it becomes a curse

Sorry. Couldn't resist! ;)

Haha, I got it bang on the money last year, Gameweek 8 where west ham won 8 nil. I was so close to what could have been a top 100 GW rank only I swapped out Tadic for Hazard last minute cos I had money left over :( That was before I used Boards I can only imagine what it was like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Would people wildcard this side? (FT already used on Ruddy to Gomes)

UBYdI2Z.png

If I activated it, I'd change Rudd, Saylor, Souare, maybe Gomez, Albrighton, Silva and Aguero if injured, Kane, and maybe Sakho. But I'm fine going with Gomes as solo GK, Souare was a 90' goal from 9 points yesterday and has good fixtures after Spurs, Gomez has two good fixtures, etc.

I'm in two minds about it, Kane will definitely go for at least a -4 this GW and I don't know if continually holding the WC will give me that perfect chance where everything clicks. There are some fixture shifts around GW10/11, but some forward planning could take care of that.

My team is very similar and I think I'll hold off. I think Rudd and saylor are probably not absolutely essential transfers. Whoever you replace them with will probably be subs anyway. They can be sorted whenever you do use your wildcard.

I may wait till Tuesday to see if aguero and silva are playing but I'd be fairly sure they will be fit for West Ham. Kane is definitely gone for me, but I think if you get rid of Kane you don't need to WC. But obviously if aguero is out long term I will pull the trigger

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    My team is very similar and I think I'll hold off. I think Rudd and saylor are probably not absolutely essential transfers. Whoever you replace them with will probably be subs anyway. They can be sorted whenever you do use your wildcard.

I may wait till Tuesday to see if aguero and silva are playing but I'd be fairly sure they will be fit for West Ham. Kane is definitely gone for me, but I think if you get rid of Kane you don't need to WC. But obviously if aguero is out long term I will pull the trigger

Yeah, I think I'll at least wait until then since a rage WC is never a good idea. We'll also hear more in the pre Juventus presser.
    I know in the past even a -8 is preferable over using the WC, just not sure how the one each half of season change will alter that perception. I'd rather not have my side limp along until I finally use it. The main pro of holding it for me is that it's been a very strange start and there aren't clear heavy hitters to own yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Yeah, I think I'll at least wait until then since a rage WC is never a good idea. We'll also hear more in the pre Juventus presser.
    I know in the past even a -8 is preferable over using the WC, just not sure how the one each half of season change will alter that perception. I'd rather not have my side limp along until I finally use it. The main pro of holding it for me is that it's been a very strange start and there aren't clear heavy hitters to own yet

Exactly I fear I will regret using it when normality resumes. When the heavy hitters start to emerge I fear I will back the wrong horses if I use it too early. I also don't want to limp along as you said waiting for the right opportunity. I still want to hold it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Might bank but Robert Huth out if I make one. Leicester aren't the defensive team they were at the tail end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

2ft done,milner>mahrez and courtois>hart. Waiting on kun news for-4 for AN OTHER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gonna get mahrez in and go with a strong front 8. I've had vardy the past 3 weeks and he has got good returns also . I see no problem doubling up on them if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Looks like I jumped the gun with 2bpts for Vardy.
    Apparently won't get any.

Gonna get mahrez in and go with a strong front 8. I've had vardy the past 3 weeks and he has got good returns also . I see no problem doubling up on them if need be.

Leicester look a real attacking force alright but it's time to dump their defenders.

Speaking of which, any suggestions of a replacement for Robbie Huth?

Rest if defence is Shaw, Kolarov, Saylor and Gomez. I have 4 mil or something crazy banked but would prefer to use as little of that as possible and keep it for attacking players.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Leicester look a real attacking force alright but it's time to dump their defenders.

Rest if defence is Shaw, Kolarov, Saylor and Gomez. I have 4 mil or something crazy banked but would prefer to use as little of that as possible and keep it for attacking players.

Francis? two assists this season already, have him myself and missed both assists :)

Francis? two assists this season already, have him myself and missed both assists :)

I prefer clean sheets than assists with defenders tbh, unless they are a premium defender.

I'd go Evans or Cawson and double up with Myhill. Or Nyom if you want to go cheap. Bellerin if you want to go expensive

I'd go Evans or Cawson and double up with Myhill. Or Nyom if you want to go cheap. Bellerin if you want to go expensive

Who is Nyom and why would you go for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Watford lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd go wba Def or Swansea Def. If u want cheaper Watford Def or collocinni. I'd probably do Saylor to a 4.5 starter if it was me and keep Huth.

Watford fullback. They have kept a clean sheet in every home match so far and he has been the best in terms of BPS along their back four

Watford fullback. They have kept a clean sheet in every home match so far and he has been the best in terms of BPS along their back four

Behrami who misses next 3 games has been a huge part of Watford's performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Have 11.5m to replace Hazard. Any ideas who I should get? Currently have Silva, Ayew, Mahrez and Redmond. Also can't get Yaya as I already have Kolarov and Aguero as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pedro to Sako
    Chadli to Ayew (Swansea)

Gomis to Benteke for -4 a distinct possibility.

Now left with 3.6 ITB.

gazump123 wrote: »
    Have 11.5m to replace Hazard. Any ideas who I should get? Currently have Silva, Ayew, Mahrez and Redmond. Also can't get Yaya as I already have Kolarov and Aguero as well.

What about someone from Arsenal.
    Only watched the highlights and Sanchez (in my team) and Carzola looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

ElTel wrote: »
    What about someone from Arsenal.
    Only watched the highlights and Sanchez (in my team) and Carzola looked good.

I think Ozil is the one to have (barring Sanchez) as Cazorla will be playing a deeper role. Having said that, he's certainly still be a good buy as he can pick out through balls from way out that carve the defence. I have Sanchez as well and will be likely doing Payet to Ozil depending on MNF.

I think Ozil is the one to have (barring Sanchez) as Cazorla will be playing a deeper role. Having said that, he's certainly still be a good buy as he can pick out through balls from way out that carve the defence. I have Sanchez as well and will be likely doing Payet to Ozil depending on MNF.

I hear you but because he takes most of the dead balls and pens I'd have him second only to Sanchez as an Arsenal pick in mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Think I'll go with Sanchez as I have the cash. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I just wildcard and I've come up with this.

2elsefp.png

I'm loading up on Liverpool but only for the next two weeks, then one of the defenders is gone. Other than that this looks like the based long-term team I can see. Thoughts? I have 0.5 in the bank.

Advertisement