Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gonna get Benteke in. Should I get rid of Gomis or Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

They have no width. Gomez kills them at lb going forward. They actually have no wingers bar ibe so not sure what they can do. Europa league game Thursday as well I think they have looked the worst attacking team in the league so far I'll be waiting to see if they click.

If Ibe comes in he should help but as you said maybe it's worth sitting out on Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    If Ibe comes in he should help but as you said maybe it's worth sitting out on Benteke.

I'm more and more skeptical of Benteke too. Hard to know who to go for. Costa had been on my mind but something is badly wrong at Chelsea and won't be going near them till the look like turning a corner. Kane may be an option if his international goals can spark him to life in the PL.

Just realising I've not owned a Chelsea player all season!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

So people here would suggest Wilson over Benteke as my Kane replacement? I'll wait to watch MOTD and check more in depth on OPTA stats, but gut call would be Benteke in. I'd rather his next two matches and would even captain him if Aguero and Silva are both out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So people here would suggest Wilson over Benteke as my Kane replacement? I'll wait to watch MOTD and check more in depth on OPTA stats, but gut call would be Benteke in. I'd rather his next two matches and would even captain him if Aguero and Silva are both out

I'm anxious as to how the Murray transfer affects Wilson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Had Benteke not scored yesterday would you feel the same way?

he did little or nothing other than score the worldie, Liverpool Untied - and pool showed nothing in that game. I'm not a huge fan of the Wilson chap, we've seen players in the past score hat trick and go on little run and then do nothing for a while. The international break may have killed his momentum.

Ace2007 wrote: »

he did little or nothing other than score the worldie, Liverpool Untied - and pool showed nothing in that game. I'm not a huge fan of the Wilson chap, we've seen players in the past score hat trick and go on little run and then do nothing for a while. The international break may have killed his momentum.
    It's the fixtures that make Benteke so appealing to be honest. Norwich and Villa at home consecutive could be fruitful.

Yeah, I watched the match and have seen the entire Bournemouth and Arsenal matches as well. Benteke is starved of service, but he could have had more goals (especially in the Arsenal match) and is a proven PL player. Wilson I've admittedly only seen entirely in the Liverpool match, but his conversion rate is unsustainable. Maybe I'm just bitter from the TV people are gaining, I don't see him as being a reliable player to start every week given I can choose literally any forward to replace Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dahat is considering shifting gomis to benteke based on what ive seen so far Id much prefer a swansea striker. Wilson I have but would wait and see how murray affects him. Liverpool's fixtures are good but they havent looked like they can attack properly in a long time. If aguero was out id consider benteke due to the complete lack of options for strikers.

CSF wrote: »
    It's the fixtures that make Benteke so appealing to be honest. Norwich and Villa at home consecutive could be fruitful.

Don't Villa have a ridiculously good record at Anfield in recent seasons?

• Advertisement

Don't Villa have a ridiculously good record at Anfield in recent seasons?

Yeah but I'm not buying into it.

Dahat is considering shifting gomis to benteke based on what ive seen so far Id much prefer a swansea striker. Wilson I have but would wait and see how murray affects him. Liverpool's fixtures are good but they havent looked like they can attack properly in a long time. If aguero was out id consider benteke due to the complete lack of options for strikers.

Hmm, I guess I could double on Swans attack. Gomis looked unlucky to score when I glanced at that match yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last sentence is important, a total lack of forward options is half the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Liverpool have scored 3 goals in 5 games. They aren't exactly free scoring team at the moment, and they showed very little yesterday.

Norwich are on the back of a good win, and so won't be push overs.

Maybe I'll just wildcard and switch to a 5-4-1 formation with all premium defenders :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Kane definitely going after today. Benteke is proven and will link up well with continuo when he's back. Despite liverppols poor attack, I think he will continue to score consistently enough, plus he has two great upcoming fixtures.
    Gomis is tempting but I'm reluctant to double up on swans attack.
    Diouf has nice fixtures but I'm unconvinced by Stoke in general so far.
    I have Wilson and will keep him but I don't think he will sustain his current form over the season. I'm leaning towards benteke atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Liverpool have scored 3 goals in 5 games. They aren't exactly free scoring team at the moment, and they showed very little yesterday.

Norwich are on the back of a good win, and so won't be push overs.

Norwich have been very shaky at the back. I think Liverpool will definitely score at least once in that game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Maybe I'll just wildcard and switch to a 5-4-1 formation with all premium defenders :pac:

They're thin on the ground as well as forwards :-)

Invincible wrote: »
    They're thin on the ground as well as forwards :-)

Kolarov(c), Kompany, Sagna, Bellerin, Cawson. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Who is the safest wba defender at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

At the moment I'm leaning towards banking it assuming Aguero is ok. Keep the transfer till some normality resumes!

I have the 2 Swansea lads and gomis had 2 big chances both set up by Ayew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Already done Hazard to Sanchez. 1 more FT. Need to ship Kane and Mane, possibly for Gomis/Benteke and Payet. Already have Sakho and Ayew. Thoughts on those moves for -4?

Butland Ruddy
    Kolarov Sagna Francis Richards Cedric
    Mane Sanchez Mahrez Ayew Fletcher
    Sakho Kane Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Kolarov(c), Kompany, Sagna, Bellerin, Cawson. Sorted

You'd hardy use up your 3 city spots in defence?!
    Can Sagna keep his place long-term?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Already done Hazard to Sanchez. 1 more FT. Need to ship Kane and Mane, possibly for Gomis/Benteke and Payet. Already have Sakho and Ayew. Thoughts on those moves for -4?

Butland Ruddy
    Kolarov Sagna Francis Richards Cedric
    Mane Sanchez Mahrez Ayew Fletcher
    Sakho Kane Aguero

Forget about Payet and Gomis with your FT because your already covered.
    Have Mane myself but their fixtures look tougher for next 5 GWs.

ElTel wrote: »
    Forget about Payet and Gomis with your FT because your already covered.

I don't get this. How is he covered if Payet and Gomis do well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I don't get this. How is he covered if Payet and Gomis do well?

Covered is probably the wrong word to use but Sakho and Ayew would probably be the beneficiaries if the above two do well.
    With one FT I think there are more pressing concerns.

Invincible wrote: »
    You'd hardy use up your 3 city spots in defence?!
    Can Sagna keep his place long-term?

Haha, was just a joke. It might be better to go Hart over Sagna :pac:

ElTel wrote: »
    Covered is probably the wrong word to use but Sakho and Ayew would probably be the beneficiaries if the above two do well.
    With one FT I think there are more pressing concerns.

It really depends on whether the team is on goalscoring form or not. While I certainly wouldn't be doubling up on Liverpool or United attackers in their current form City, Swansea and West Ham keep looking like having goals in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

richieffff wrote: »
    Who is the safest wba defender at the moment?

I would go for Evans as he lost value while with Utd. Haven't checked if he starts regularly now since his move but he's the cheapest one you'll get that will start I'd say. I have McAuley atm and am thinking about switching him to Evans for the 0.2 but I'm not sure if it's worth the FT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

It really depends on whether the team is on goalscoring form or not. While I certainly wouldn't be doubling up on Liverpool or United attackers in their current form City, Swansea and West Ham keep looking like having goals in them.

Thing is I've missed so many Gomis rises it kinda feels like a defeat in getting him in at this stage :P

Advertisement