Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to hold him and swallow the loss. I have 4.5 million banked and don't plan on playing Huth anyway this weekend so having 2 FTs next week could be a big positive.

Team for next weekend is:

Myhill
    Shaw Kolarov Gomez
    Ayew Mahrez Pedro Sterling
    Aguero Benteke Wilson
    McCarthy, Huth, Fletcher, Taylor

I can't see a transfer there. I have an eye on Sanchez but they're away to Chelsea and as bad as they are playing Jose will surely park a double decker bus. He'd have to be for Ayew, Sterling or Pedro and I'm not in a rush to transfer any of those.
    Yeah you're pretty well set-up.

My team is not too different but 1 or 2 details make yours tastier (at least for now).

Myhill
    Bellerin Kolarov Huth
    Silva Pedro A.Ayew Mahrez
    Aguero Gomis Wilson
    Guzan, Wanyama, Saylor, Coates

I'm having the same attitude than yourself towards Sanchez.

Re Huth though, it's a different story for me since I'm carrying Coates dead weight from the start (what a disaster he's been: lost me 1 pt in GW1, then lost his place & lost me £0.2m...) and Saylor. One of my long-term plan was to get a Stoke def for either Coates or Huth. I'd need to have another look at their fixtures & rotations with my players though. Or I could jump late on the Gomez train but after their 2 nice home games their fixtures harden up.

Ideally I'd wait until the midweek games are played to make a decision. Though I may be "forced" to take it earlier re Huth. What I keep telling myself is "ah a -4 isn't too catastrophic considering my good start and if things really turn ugly I still have my WC :p". Though I must realise I won't get away with all my points hits :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i just had to ditch depay before he dropped again and brought in barkley. and im .1 off bringing in sanchez for payet. although i could ditch him for pedro. i do see sanchez hitting a decent run of form soon. anyway, team for GW 6 looks like this. Might bench wilson for a while if thre's no returns at home v sunderland

myhill
    sagna darmian richards
    pedro toure barkley mahrez
    gomis wilson aguero

williams, payet, saylor, boruc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

i just had to ditch depay before he dropped again

I'm actually not convinced that will happen this week. I'd go 50/50 on it. Most people got rid last week so the exodus will be less extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I am not getting top points and very low in my leagues but I made two transfers:

Romero --> Myhill
    Mings --> Targett

So I took a -4 hit.

I was going to wildcard it but I looked at the players and they look like they will come good and some are already doing ok.

Anyway, what do ye think?

12032465_1169678979713425_1326984243_n.jpg?oh=253bceace648cae1f4756dff75d7ffec&oe=55F8C1EF

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a replacement for Payet, unless the useless **** does something this evening he's gone. Have Mahrez, Sanchez, Yaya, Westwood and Gomis up front (so no to Ayew)

I love it when a player responds to criticism, shows real character 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Probably will bank. Or might do Darmian to Shaw. Much of a muchness, but I think Shaw will outscore him over the season so might as well do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just to give Surman owners a heads up ...he's -73% to a drop so might be time to consider a different 5th midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Just to give Surman owners a heads up ...he's -73% to a drop so might be time to consider a different 5th midfielder.

Bit silly to waste a FT on a 5th mid though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

chops018 wrote: »
    I am not getting top points and very low in my leagues but I made two transfers:

Romero --> Myhill
    Mings --> Targett

So I took a -4 hit.

I was going to wildcard it but I looked at the players and they look like they will come good and some are already doing ok.

Anyway, what do ye think?

Alderwiereld is a bit expensive at 5 to be on the bench, you could downgrade him to a 4.5 who plays regularly.

Might be no harm to ship Hazard out for someone in better form but you're probably thinking that yourself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

was planning on getting rid of payet had he done nothing tonight
    hes going nowhere now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Courtios to Hart
    Tempted by 4hit to bring in City cover for Azpil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Get in there payet my son

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Get in there payet my son

I believe you're looking for http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057492281 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cue loads of people getting Payet in without knowing City are next, then cue another Payet brace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Just Cattermole for Hoolahan. With Aguero out I'll probably play him instead of Gabriel who is away to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Considering going for Mane to Payet despite the fixtures. Man City will be distracted by UCL matches as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Silva --> Payet and double city defence is in my mind although best wait until next week I think.

If Payet scores next week, we're looking at a 0.3 rise most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thinking of doing Diouf to Vardy....Stoke not playing too well and Vardy seems to be most in form striker who isn't too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of doing Diouf to Vardy....Stoke not playing too well and Vardy seems to be most in form striker who isn't too expensive.

Diouf has two good home fixtures coming up while Vardy has Stoke away and Arsenal at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Think I'll hold onto hazard and agüero for one more week. Both have been very poor. Also frees up truckloads of cash.... Wildcarded Last week with kolarov bellerin mahrez and payet the standouts... BUT cannot hold onto so much money in two players who can't produce results.... Next week is d day for them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've already done Huth to Nyom to save value, though he's not necessarily part of my preferred first XI.

I have 1 FT left, but I'm tempted to take a -4 to do the following:

Sakho & Bentaleb out
    Iglaho & Mahrez in

Leaves a front 8 of:

Ozil, Pedro, Yaya, Payet, Mahrez
    Aguero, Benteke, Iglaho

...where 3-5-2 would be the default formation, Iglaho generally 1st sub.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I've already done Huth to Nyom to save value, though he's not necessarily part of my preferred first XI.

I have 1 FT left, but I'm tempted to take a -4 to do the following:

Sakho & Bentaleb out
    Iglaho & Mahrez in

Leaves a front 8 of:

Ozil, Pedro, Yaya, Payet, Mahrez
    Aguero, Benteke, Iglaho

...where 3-5-2 would be the default formation, Iglaho generally 1st sub.

Any thoughts?

Payet is playing Man City so I wouldn't really expect much from him. I might sub him myself but I'll wait for a while yet. I'd also pick Wilson over Ighalo if you have the funds. Ighalo's goal last weekend wasn't anything special that you would say would happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Payet is playing Man City so I wouldn't really expect much from him. I might sub him myself but I'll wait for a while yet. I'd also pick Wilson over Ighalo if you have the funds. Ighalo's goal last weekend wasn't anything special that you would say would happen again.

It was just a predatory instinctive goal....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

SantryRed wrote: »
    It was just a predatory instinctive goal....

I still would go for Wilson. Bournemouth have the better fixtures and have scored more goals than Watford. When the two clubs meet eachother, BM are at home as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can anyone pick a transfer here. I can't except to take Martin out perhaps for someone. Transfer will be lost if not used. No money in the bank.

Myhill, McCarthy
    Gomez, Shaw, Martin, Kolarov, Muniesa
    Mahrez, Silva, Wanyama, Sanchez, Payet
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Can anyone pick a transfer here. I can't except to take Martin out perhaps for someone. Transfer will be lost if not used. No money in the bank.

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Nope. Ideal team to bank a transfer this week.
    In addition I guess most players are rising. So an almost perfect situation to be in IMO ;).

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Martin to Nyom or Wanyama to Fletcher (if he drops)

iroced wrote: »

Post seems to suggest already on two FTs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Myhill, McCarthy
    Benteke, Aguero, Gomis.

Not really, I think that's as good as it gets really. Myhill potential rotation risk in a few weeks but I'd hang on to him and hopefully get the .1

Muniesa ? Not very attacking could look at maybe Francis from Bournemouth ? Same goes with Martin but they're sideways moves for the sake of it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    In addition I guess most players are rising. So an almost perfect situation to be in IMO ;).

Transfer will be lost though. It has 2 for this week.

Advertisement