Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Dempsey wrote: »
    Baker is there from before the start of the season. He was loaned on deadline day.

I'll hold onto O'Shea if I'm not playing the WC as Taylor is injured. Wanyama is my only available outfield sub at the minute.

Yeah sorry, I meant Taylor out, not O'Shea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

MeEF5LR.png

I'm at a loss about what to do for this weekend. Have 2 FT with 0.6 ITB. Can anyone see anything here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,000 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Starting to question how much I need Benteke if I'm gonna have to do a 4 point hit to do it.

When I look it at it really it's really just a 2 week punt. Does Benteke outscore Sakho by 4 points these 2 weeks? Even if he does come GW8 I'm left with a player not looking great as an attacking threat with unappealing fixtures.

Considering Ward and Shaw to Sagna and Clyne or perhaps just Shaw to Sagna and play Payet. Thoughts people? The same arguments I've just made against Benteke may also apply to Clyne?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The more I toy with my wildcard the more I want to pull the trigger on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Starting to question how much I need Benteke if I'm gonna have to do a 4 point hit to do it.

When I look it at it really it's really just a 2 week punt. Does Benteke outscore Sakho by 4 points these 2 weeks? Even if he does come GW8 I'm left with a player not looking great as an attacking threat with unappealing fixtures.

Considering Ward and Shaw to Sagna and Clyne or perhaps just Shaw to Sagna and play Payet. Thoughts people? The same arguments I've just made against Benteke may also apply to Clyne?

I'm holding firm on Benteke for exactly the reasons you've given. I also don't think Clyne is worth the extra money yet when Gomez is still getting his game 1m less and 3 more FPL points to date. I don't overly buy this belief that Gomez is imimnently getting dropped. Liverpool press seem to rate him and a switch to 3 cbs as speculated would favour him i think.

Benteke with 35% ownership and 15% in ffs captain poll is dangerous, and last time he had a good fixture and was widely captained he hurt me due to his offside goal. But till Liverpool look convincing in attack its not worth a hit for a short term blocker.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm holding firm on Benteke for exactly the reasons you've given. I also don't think Clyne is worth the extra money yet when Gomez is still getting his game 1m less and 3 more FPL points to date. I don't overly buy this belief that Gomez is imimnently getting dropped. Liverpool press seem to rate him and a switch to 3 cbs as speculated would favour him i think.

Benteke with 35% ownership and 15% in ffs captain poll is dangerous, and last time he had a good fixture and was widely captained he hurt me due to his offside goal. But till Liverpool look convincing in attack its not worth a hit for a short term blocker.

If Gomez does start, then I can just absorb the Shaw drop, play Targett, Kolarov and Gomez at the back and make the Benteke transfer. But the Gomez talk has me spooked. Haven't struggled so much over a decision for quite some time. Why hasn't this Liverpool guy leaked the lineup the one time I need it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

spock. wrote: »
    The uncertainty over Pedro is annoying.
    Which 2 do ye think I should start from Pedro, Ighalo and Darmian? (assuming we get no more info on whether or not Pedro starts)

Ighalo Damian Pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Taylor to Kolarov is a sound move. I'd stay away from Targett and Gomez as both are possibilities to be dropped soon. Maybe Baker to Evans or Dawson of West Brom.

While looking up Baker's price I noticed that he was not in the Villa squad on the FPL player list. Turns out he's been loaned to Bristol City. I then looked up Adebayor and he is no longer listed on the Spurs list either - both players have a "U" under a status tab on fpl statistics. I think this is something new this year, if IIRC correctly in previous years players sold abroad after the game started would remain selectable?

I'm guessing the U is for unregistered.

Ade didn't get a squad number this year. Kane took his number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

MeEF5LR.png

I'm at a loss about what to do for this weekend. Have 2 FT with 0.6 ITB. Can anyone see anything here?

I know gomez has a home game but he is the one id be looking at to move out if you don't want to waste a transfer
    a LOT of talk he won't start anyway......and having seen him in the flesh last weekend he won't hold his place for long
    so who to get in. ......seen as you have Richards you could get Evans to rotate but that leaves you potentially weaker for this weekend
    or maybe Francis from Bournemouth..........stoke also have 2 home games but can't keep a clean sheet!
    OR if you want to take a chance .......his Liverpool team mate sahko! great value at 4.8 IF he comes in ....

km79 wrote: »
    I know gomez has a home game but he is the one id be looking at to move out if you don't want to waste a transfer
    a LOT of talk he won't start anyway......and having seen him in the flesh last weekend he won't hold his place for long
    so who to get in. ......seen as you have Richards you could get Evans to rotate but that leaves you potentially weaker for this weekend
    or maybe Francis from Bournemouth..........stoke also have 2 home games but can't keep a clean sheet!
    OR if you want to take a chance .......his Liverpool team mate sahko! great value at 4.8 IF he comes in ....

Yeah that's where I've been looking at along with maybe getting rid of Martin. I could ship Martin out this week for a Watford defender or maybe Jonny Evans.

If I got rid of Gomez and he plays and gets a clean sheet I'd be raging so might hold him yet and if he is dropped I can get rid of him next week for a 5.0m defender.

Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's where I've been looking at along with maybe getting rid of Martin. I could ship Martin out this week for a Watford defender or maybe Jonny Evans.

If I got rid of Gomez and he plays and gets a clean sheet I'd be raging so might hold him yet and if he is dropped I can get rid of him next week for a 5.0m defender.

Decisions decisions.

actually I would sell martin after looking at their fixtures there and id prob go for Evans as well

actually I would sell martin after looking at their fixtures there and id prob go for Evans as well

Think I'll go down that route. Evans is a doubt though? Will sleep on it and decide in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Resisting the urge to drop Pedro

Banking for 2 FT next week

Think I'll go down that route. Evans is a doubt though? Will sleep on it and decide in the morning!

I'd be taking a more long term view with Evans
    but I'd expect him to play either way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

whatever about benteke I certainly wouldnt get clyne. I honestly believe sakho or moreno or both will be back in the team this weekend so you can get one of them in time for 4.8. Clyne has huge ownership and I reckon he is primed for a price drop or 2 unless he gets a big haul over the next 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

362941.PNG

Fill in the blanks....

I keep chopping and changing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

begovic
    kolorov darmian francis (nyom targett)
    mahrez Sanchez mata ayew yaya
    aguero (c) Wilson (sahko )

1 plan was sahko to diouf as they have 2 home games. won't bother now as he may not start and i dont know who to drop !
    2 Darmian to clyne skertl or sahko also under consideration but their fixtures are poor after the next 2
    3 Bank which would give me options on upgrading sahko next week or week after as I'll probably be getting rid of mata at that point too ?

vote :D

3. Bank

whatever about benteke I certainly wouldnt get clyne. I honestly believe sakho or moreno or both will be back in the team this weekend so you can get one of them in time for 4.8. Clyne has huge ownership and I reckon he is primed for a price drop or 2 unless he gets a big haul over the next 2 games.

It's a tough shout. My inclination is to risk it on both Shaw dropping and Gomez starting. Just bring Benteke in because my fear is that he'll lose more if he does well than if Shaw drops or Gomez doesn't start. But I have no confidence in this decision.

Ideal case scenario is I do it, Shaw doesn't drop and Gomez starts.

Decisions decisions.

Transfer complete!
    Shaw (who I got in this week early) out and Sakho in.
    About 10 minutes before your post KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd be taking a more long term view with Evans
    but I'd expect him to play either way

Would you go Evans (4.8) over Dawson (5.0)?

Evans' injury history has me concerned. He has missed 14, 13 and 9 games in the last 3 seasons - according to http://www.transfermarkt.com/jonny-evans/verletzungen/spieler/42412.

• Advertisement

It's a tough shout. My inclination is to risk it on both Shaw dropping and Gomez starting. Just bring Benteke in because my fear is that he'll lose more if he does well than if Shaw drops or Gomez doesn't start. But I have no confidence in this decision.

Ideal case scenario is I do it, Shaw doesn't drop and Gomez starts.

Both the sites have Shaw to drop and I expect he will.

Naughton in done. I know you and Lemlin were dismissing Swansea defensively but i think you're being harsh. They've a good record defensively under Monk. They kept 12 cs last season which was i think 4th or 5th best and the same as Arsenal. 1 from 5 this year doesn't tell the story. Man U and Chelsea were 2 of the 5. They had 2 bad results away to aSunderland and Watford conceding once 1 each. Their team defensive stats are very good. At home its 1 cs from 2 with 1 goal conceeded (vs United).

ElTel wrote: »
    Transfer complete!

I think sahko could be tremendous value but I'm going to continue with my sensible /boring approach this week and wait and see if he starts first

ElTel wrote: »
    Transfer complete!

But? Sahko starting is only speculation. Far from certain????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dempsey wrote: »
    362941.PNG

Fill in the blanks....

I keep chopping and changing :(

Silva, Payet & Ayew or Silva,Sanchez & Payet

I did Shaw to Sakho

I think sahko could be tremendous value but I'm going to continue with my sensible /boring approach this week and wait and see if he starts first

Made a move!
    Shaw loss means more saves for De Gea.
    They were looking good even with Blind CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Coutouis out Myhill in for me. Holding firm on Pedro, he should run wild on Newcastle next week. If he drops he drops, but it will also be total BS:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Azpi > Bellerin and Diouf > Wilson for me. Hopefully they'll give me something this week :D

Azpi > Bellerin and Diouf > Wilson for me. Hopefully they'll give me something this week :D

2FTs?

• Advertisement

MeEF5LR.png

CP tend not to get cs.

Advertisement