Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Deco99 wrote: »
    2 Transfers, 0.7 in bank, Myhill and Targett to replace shortly but not this week/

Midfield of Mahrez, Sanchez, Silva, Anya, Pedro,

Pedro injured so who do i replace him with in order to leave money for upgrade on Targett.

Have 3 City players already so not Yaya or sterling.
    Who're you targetting to replace Targett :p? I mean how much you need to downgrade Pedro?

Short-term you could take a punt on a 'Pool mid. Long-term, one of Ayew or Payet could be worth it. But I'll repeat again about Payet, he's the kind you keep long-term or ignore. You'll have to swallow 2,3 or 4 games with nothing to get the benefit of an explosive return like last Monday. Ayew should be more consistent but he's also unproven at this level (the French league has unfortunately gone down a good bit these last 10-15 years :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Who're you targetting to replace Targett :p? I mean how much you need to downgrade Pedro?

Short-term you could take a punt on a 'Pool mid. Long-term, one of Ayew or Payet could be worth it. But I'll repeat again about Payet, he's the kind you keep long-term or ignore. You'll have to swallow 2,3 or 4 games with nothing to get the benefit of an explosive return like last Monday. Ayew should be more consistent but he's also unproven at this level (the French league has unfortunately gone down a good bit these last 10-15 years :o).

The PL is on a downward spiral of late also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The PL is on a downward spiral of late also
    Yeah but compared to Ligue 1 PL is like Champions League football.

If you exclude PSG and to a lesser extent Monaco, our clubs can't even manage to beat Belgium (Lyon failing to win in Gand the other day while playing a whole half 11 vs 10 and even finishing 11 v 9 but missing a penalty :rolleyes:), Cypriot, Romanian, Ukrainian and even Azeri teams :rolleyes:. I mean no offense to these clubs and countries but we always complain about our lack of financial power compared to the big leagues so what is our excuse when those leagues' clubs knock us out ?! Our football needs a revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Shaw Kolarov Gomez Huth Saylor
    Pedro Sterling Ayew Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

I now have Shaw and Pedro missing for this weekend. I am thinking about holding Shaw for the time being and going Pedro to Sanchez. Opinions?

I also like the risk of Pedro to Walcott. Giroud foolishly got himself sent off last night whereas Walcott scored for the second game in succession. He has also played 69 minutes and 74 minutes in his last two PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

I now have Shaw and Pedro missing for this weekend. I am thinking about holding Shaw for the time being and going Pedro to Sanchez. Opinions?

I also like the risk of Pedro to Walcott. Giroud foolishly got himself sent off last night whereas Walcott scored for the second game in succession.

I have the same, Shaw and Pedro,will probably move Shaw for -4, .1 gain on him. With Giroud out for next CL game, good chance he will feature in PL instead of Walcott.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    With Giroud out for next CL game, good chance he will feature in PL instead of Walcott.

Was just about to post the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Opinion on Pedro to Sanchez so?

I'd wait on news of Pedro if it's only a week I'll likely hold. However I already have sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Was just about to post the same thing.

I think he was dropped for a while before after a similar situation to what had happened against Zagreb. The fact that he started against DZ probably means that Wenger was thinking of starting Walcott on the weekend as well. I think it's too risky to buy Giroud as he may be subbed on in matches with a dozen minutes left. I could see reason for the reverse, as Walcott looks like scoring everytime he comes onto the pitch. Even if he doesn't start half the games, he could still get you a decent return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Invincible wrote: »
    I see logic in Pedro transfer but if Aguero is fit for weekend, came on as sub in CL, why would you want him out?

I would then have three city players, which I don't like doing with any team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

miller82 wrote: »
    I would then have three city players, which I don't like doing with any team

Transferring out Aguero because you don't like having 3 players from a team seems pretty crazy even if he hasn't started with a bang yet.

I think he was dropped for a while before after a similar situation to what had happened against Zagreb. The fact that he started against DZ probably means that Wenger was thinking of starting Walcott on the weekend as well. I think it's too risky to buy Giroud as he may be subbed on in matches with a dozen minutes left. I could see reason for the reverse, as Walcott looks like scoring everytime he comes onto the pitch. Even if he doesn't start half the games, he could still get you a decent return.

I'd expect Walcott to start this week it's the next two league games either side of a cl game that I can see giroud get a start in. There is an argument for getting Walcott in knowing he won't start all games and seeing how that works out. He could still give good returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'd rather hold Pedro and if he still isn't fit next week, get Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking Shaw>Naughton
    Pedro to Sanchez/Ayew/Walcott or hold and save the -4?
    What do you think?

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking Shaw>Naughton
    Pedro to Sanchez/Ayew/Walcott or hold and save the -4?
    What do you think?

Move Naughton surely but Pedro is expected fit 26th so hold, unless you're done with him completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

took the -4 on pedro to sanchez. bit of a gamble after how bad arsenal were last night but whatever. bottled it last week by leaving payet on the bench and not going 2-5-3 and lost ground in my leagues. team as is

myhill
    darmian richards sagna
    barkely mahrez sanchez toure
    gomis wilson aguero

payet williams saylor boruc

thoughts please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

For the medium term (10 GWish?) which combo do people think will score more Mahrez & Gomis or Wilson & Chadli?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    For the medium term (10 GWish?) which combo do people think will score more Mahrez & Gomis or Wilson & Chadli?

Mahrez and Gomis all day long.

jimmii wrote: »

Mahrez & Gomis without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    Mahrez and Gomis all day long.

That was my first thought as well and thought it would be a bit of a margin but FFFix reckon its going to be super tight and FFS RMT even goes as far as Wilson & Chadli outscoring them by a few points. Was surprised at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

iroced wrote: »

Bellerin after the Chelsea game. Also might need to change Myhill or Macarthy if that goes south.
    I had a look at Shaquiri's fixtures, they look decent until November. Thoughts?
    I didnt think Coutinho but 3 pool players is a bit much considering they are playing poor, have Benteke and Gomez

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'd expect Walcott to start this week it's the next two league games either side of a cl game that I can see giroud get a start in. There is an argument for getting Walcott in knowing he won't start all games and seeing how that works out. He could still give good returns.

If you have the time and want to gamble, sometimes the 12:45 games have the team released early, if you knew that Walcott was starting then you could transfer him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Nay on 3 Liverpool players for sure, look pretty abject from what I've seen.
    Have Shaquiri myself for 2 weeks, no returns but I suspect he will come good over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

My team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

I also like the risk of Pedro to Walcott. Giroud foolishly got himself sent off last night whereas Walcott scored for the second game in succession. He has also played 69 minutes and 74 minutes in his last two PL games.
    You only have 3 fit defenders and one of them Is Gomez who could be dropped. I'd transfer out Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

sahko to diouf was the plan
    but then I have to bench one of Sanchez mata ayew yaya or mahrez ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

took the -4 on pedro to sanchez. bit of a gamble after how bad arsenal were last night but whatever. bottled it last week by leaving payet on the bench and not going 2-5-3 and lost ground in my leagues. team as is

myhill
    darmian richards sagna
    barkely mahrez sanchez toure
    gomis wilson aguero

payet williams saylor boruc

thoughts please!

Keep an eye on Boruc re. price fall especially if he fails to record a cs against Sunderland.
    With your strong front 8 you are primed for the AOA chip so decide if and when to use it over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My 3 transfers (-4) of Huth -> Nyom, Sakho -> Ighalo, Bentaleb -> Mahrez leaves me with the following:

Myhill
    Bellerin Kolarov Gomez
    Pedro Ozil Yaya Payet Mahrez
    Aguero Benteke

Hennessy, Ighalo, Targett, Nyom

Happy with that now, but the WC is still there if any radical changes are needed in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Pedro to Couthino done, Depay gets yet another stay of execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How many games is Pedro looking like missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How many games is Pedro looking like missing?

Expected to be back next week.

Advertisement