Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    What's your reservation on Naughton as a matter of interest? Pretty sure that's who I'm going with.

Think about where lemlins from and therein lies your answer.

Think about where lemlins from and therein lies your answer.

He can get nyom for cheaper a guaranteed starter and gives him more flexibility to improve his attack if need be I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Who to start this week, Depay or Payet?

Depay has done nothing to convince me that he's worth keeping longterm, but I don't want to go -4 on him this week, in saying that, he must be due something in the Premier League soon! Whereas, Payet had a great game on Mon, but is up against City who lost midweek so may be looking to bounce back. West Ham have been impressive hitting big teams on the counter so far, and Payet is the man on their set pieces.

Has to be Depay IMO in spite of what's happened up to now. West Ham will be doing well to score 1 this weekend and don't have much chance of a clean sheet point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Jose confirmed Hazard is still number 1 peno taker .

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

CSF wrote: »
    Has to be Depay IMO in spite of what's happened up to now. West Ham will be doing well to score 1 this weekend and don't have much chance of a clean sheet point.

True. Plus I'm fairly invested with City, having three of their players in my team at the moment.

Depay's going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think I'm going to go with him too. 3 home games in the next 4 and potentially a season keeper.

I didn't realise he had three home in the next four. That changes things. Might go with him and then Nyom next week. That said, they haven't kept one in three games now and only have one in five this season.

I'll be going with Nyom and one of Naughton, Reid or Cedric. Just hadn't decided which yet.

Swansea are 15/8 for a clean sheet. Watford 23/10 (according to Paddy Power).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lemlin wrote: »
    Who's the best attacking minded defender from Watford? Nyom?

I'm not sure if I want Cedric, Naughton or Reid from West Ham so thinking about bringing in Nyom for Shaw for now and then changing Huth for someone next week.

Definitely Nyom. He's been one of our most impressive signings. He's played for Granada in La Liga before. But he's definitely the most attacking minded and will have a good few bursts forward and balls into a box each game.

To add to that, Watford are deploying a 4-2-3-1 which gives the back four a lot of protection. They won't concede many goals this season. Probably won't score many either, as shown by their domination of Swansea last week but only winning 1-0!

Behrami is out for the next three games, so Ben Watson will more than likely slot into his position as a DM. Be interesting to see if we're as solid with Watson, but he's come on as a sub in most games and hasn't looked out of place or Watford's shape hasn't been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Aguero is 100% fit according to Pelligrini. Kompany's out though.

Ok, I've done Cabaye to Sinclair. I've 2.6m in the bank.

I have another transfer, and currently have Gomis, should I go Gomis or Benteke? Can't decide :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I think Williams is a better bet than Naughton. I think he has more potential for Bps if they keep a clean sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Pedro thing is killing me.

I need Shaw out really, and Courtois, but I really don't want to have to play Surman (as I also have Wilson) or O'Shea this weekend, so I'd like Pedro fit, but I'd say that's unlikely.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Definitely Nyom. He's been one of our most impressive signings. He's played for Granada in La Liga before. But he's definitely the most attacking minded and will have a good few bursts forward and balls into a box each game.

To add to that, Watford are deploying a 4-2-3-1 which gives the back four a lot of protection. They won't concede many goals this season. Probably won't score many either, as shown by their domination of Swansea last week but only winning 1-0!

Behrami is out for the next three games, so Ben Watson will more than likely slot into his position as a DM. Be interesting to see if we're as solid with Watson, but he's come on as a sub in most games and hasn't looked out of place or Watford's shape hasn't been lost.

Thanks for the in-depth response. His stats look good. I've gone for him. Allows me a bit of flexibility moving forward. Huth needs replacing but I'll decide what I want to spend. Cedric, Naughton and Reid are all in my thoughts.

The one thing holding me back about Naughton is that Swansea only have 1 CS in five games.

I now have 5.6 million banked!!

Thanks for the in-depth response. His stats look good. I've gone for him. Allows me a bit of flexibility moving forward. Huth needs replacing but I'll decide what I want to spend. Cedric, Naughton and Reid are all in my thoughts.

The one thing holding me back about Naughton is that Swansea only have 1 CS in five games.

I'm actually looking at Stoke from next week. Ruddy isn't doing the business so gonna get in Butland. Their fixtures are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

SlickRic wrote: »
    the Pedro thing is killing me.

I need Shaw out really, and Courtois, but I really don't want to have to play Surman (as I also have Wilson) or O'Shea this weekend, so I'd like Pedro fit, but I'd say that's unlikely.

I am going to start him anyway.

Jose gave some clues today.

Jose:

Willian is not even an option.‘
    “Pedro, Falcao, Oscar, let’s see what happens.
    “Let’s see.”

Re pedro It will be close but we may just get team news for the Chelsea game tomorrow as it's early kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm torn over whether to do Hazard -> Sanchez or not, this week anyway.

Also probably either do Ruddy to somebody or Mings to somebody.

I've got 2 FTs

Might keep Pelle as he's got 2 home games and saw a stat last week somewhere that 86% of his goals come at home. No idea if true or if I even remember it correctly. Benteke could crucify me though if things go like people envisage/desperately hope.

Happy enough with most else in my team-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gone with Shaw->Cedric in the end. Think his chances for clean sheets match that of WBA defenders and is more likely to get attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Re pedro It will be close but we may just get team news for the Chelsea game tomorrow as it's early kick off

excellent call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I've got 2 FTs

Might keep Pelle as he's got 2 home games and saw a stat last week somewhere that 86% of his goals come at home. No idea if true or if I even remember it correctly. Benteke could crucify me though if things go like people envisage/desperately hope.

I can't see Hazard improving in the short term. If he can't even turn it on in the CL against poorish opposition right now .....

If Sanchez does anything decent pointswise this weekend his price will rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

SlickRic wrote: »
    excellent call.

The crazy thing is that Pedro should currently be valued at 9.8 and should be in no danger of dropping. Because of the extended price freeze he's now in danger of dropping to 9.4 absolutely mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What Saints defender are you going for?
    I'll go Cedric. I may consider Bertrand if he's back and running before I make my transfer.

I was all set to do it this week but Leicester got 2 CS in their last 2 games at the Britannia (though one is from 2008) and Stoke failed to score on both their home games this season. On the other hand, United always scored at St Mary lately. Also, Huth is back to his former team, a kind of fixture players like to score in. Finally I'd like to know if Pedro's going to play and as Busts suggested we may know before the deadline tomorrow. I'd not like to take yet another 4 pts hit if Pedro doesn't feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

I've got 2 FTs

Sanchez looks commited and will defo starT hitting the points soon. It's a gamble but could pay off big time. He could've had two last week easily on another day.

iroced wrote: »
    I'll go Cedric. I may consider Bertrand if he's back and running before I make my transfer.

I was all set to do it this week but Leicester got 2 CS in their last 2 games at the Britannia (though one is from 2008) and Stoke failed to score on both their home games this season. On the other hand, United always scored at St Mary lately. Also, Huth is back to his former team, a kind of fixture players like to score in. Finally I'd like to know if Pedro's going to play and as Busts suggested we may know before the deadline tomorrow. I'd not like to take yet another 4 pts hit if Pedro doesn't feature.

I'm also thinking about Bertrand. If he was due back and playing within the next two weeks, I'd hold off for him. Would be great value at 5.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think Naughton will do the job for me.

With 2 of the next 3 at home and then a run with avl, nor and BOU in the 4 immediately after theres sure to be some clean sheet potential. Plus his attacking stats, chances created I think it was, are one of the highest among defenders.

I'll probably have to move on Martin sooner or later and thats when Nyom may come into the frame.

Regarding Hazard, I'd be selling, but Chelsea fixtures turn decent for a while after this week - 3 from next 5 at home, decent away games - new/SOT/AVL/whm/LIV/sto/NOR

So I'll be looking to get my first Chelsea player this season I think. Possibly Costa out of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sakho in for Shaw for -4?
    Can afford to wait on Shaw (bought him for 5.6)
    Currently have Kolarov Yoshida Daniels Muniesa Shaw.
    Was also considering Yoshida out for Sakho but I doubt Shaw will survive at 5.6 for the whole of next week.
    Currently only 2 certain starters and AOA chip too risky with Anya as 5th mid and Diouf a doubt with a hamstring.
    Thoughts please.

ElTel wrote: »
    Sakho in for Shaw for -4?
    Can afford to wait on Shaw (bought him for 5.6)
    Currently have Kolarov Yoshida Daniels Muniesa Shaw.
    Was also considering Yoshida out for Sakho but I doubt Shaw will survive at 5.6 for the whole of next week.
    Currently only 2 certain starters and AOA chip too risky with Anya as 5th mid and Diouf a doubt with a hamstring.
    Thoughts please.

Sakho, if its the Liverpool one you are talking about, hasn't played a minute all season yet costs 4.8. I certainly wouldn't be going for him until he has at least a couple of games under his belt.

There's far better value available. Naughton, Cedric and Reid are all only 5.0, .2 mil more expensive. Nyom from Watford is 4.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sakho, if its the Liverpool one you are talking about, hasn't played a minute all season yet costs 4.8. I certainly wouldn't be going for him until he has at least a couple of games under his belt.

There's far better value available. Naughton, Cedric and Reid are all only 5.0, .2 mil more expensive. Nyom from Watford is 4.5.

Some good suggestions there to go along with Arsenal defenders.
    However I would not be inclined to start them this week.
    They come into consideration when its time to axe Yoshida.
    He played well against Bordeaux and I think Gomez at left back isn't helping the attacking balance.
    Rodgers faith in Lovren is truly annoying but with the Liverpool match on Sunday I feel Sakho could be worth the risk.

If Liverpool do what I think they will do team selection wise for Sunday sakho and Moreno will become great value. Wouldn't be risking it this week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

As a Liverpool fan , can i recommend everybody avoid our defence at the moment. Its terrible, and always looks like conceding.

Advertisement