Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Myhill/McCarthy
    Shaw Kolarov Gomez Huth Saylor
    Pedro Sterling Ayew Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Wilson

I now have Shaw and Pedro missing for this weekend. I am thinking about holding Shaw for the time being and going Pedro to Sanchez. Opinions?

I also like the risk of Pedro to Walcott. Giroud foolishly got himself sent off last night whereas Walcott scored for the second game in succession. He has also played 69 minutes and 74 minutes in his last two PL games.

I'm in the same boat regarding Pedro to Sanchez. About Walcott, was already burnt by him earlier so it's a no for me. I look at it mid to long term. Sanchez has been excellent. It defies all logic that he didn't get bigger FPL returns. The only thing is it's Chelsea this week and they/Mourinho know(s) how to silence them. So taking a punt on Walcott away to Chelsea doesn't sound reasonable. And even if he does score, with Giroud CL suspension, Walcott should be benched before the next (must win) CL game. So unless you plan on using your WC that'd be another transfer issue to deal with.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Bellerin after the Chelsea game. Also might need to change Myhill or Macarthy if that goes south.
    I had a look at Shaquiri's fixtures, they look decent until November. Thoughts?
    I didnt think Coutinho but 3 pool players is a bit much considering they are playing poor, have Benteke and Gomez
    They do but Stoke aren't scoring very much...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat regarding Pedro to Sanchez. About Walcott, was already burnt by him earlier so it's a no for me. I look at it mid to long term. Sanchez has been excellent. It defies all logic that he didn't get bigger FPL returns. The only thing is it's Chelsea this week and they/Mourinho know(s) how to silence them. So taking a punt on Walcott away to Chelsea doesn't sound reasonable. And even if he does score, with Giroud CL suspension, Walcott should be benched before the next (must win) CL game. So unless you plan on using your WC that'd be another transfer issue to deal with.

They do but Stoke aren't scoring very much...

What Saints defender are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Depay and Westwood to payet and ayew? Any thoughts?

Have 1.5m to play with. Depay with Sunderland next but he hadn't been near points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Depay and Westwood to payet and ayew? Any thoughts?

Have 1.5m to play with. Depay with Sunderland next but he hadn't been near points

Payet and Ayew have WAY better form right now. Aston Villa have a tough enough schedule also. Man U not particularly appealing schedule either. I think it should pay off.

For 5.3 what do you think ? He plays in the hole and should benefit from Shaquiri marauding runs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Is Swansea 3 players- Fabianski/Ayew/Gomis too risky?

Thinking of taking Ayew out for Mahrez, i'm just worried he'll stop collecting points.

Get on the Mahrez Train

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Get on the Mahrez Train

Fixtures look a bit tough, plenty of games away from home.

Stoke (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Watford (H)

They look like decent fixtures to me. On Penalties and Corners if Leicster score there is a good chance he is involved

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did surman to mahrez last nite to give me a strong front 8. May take a -4 if Pedro looks like being out for more than 1 week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EoinAFC wrote: »
    Fixtures look a bit tough, plenty of games away from home.

Stoke (A)
    Arsenal (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    West Brom (A)
    Watford (H)
    They look like decent fixtures to me. On Penalties and Corners if Leicster score there is a good chance he is involved

Agree, may even get in Vardy who may capitalise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

F1ngers wrote: »
    Agree, may even get in Vardy who may capitalise too.

I now have both mahrez and vardy. Vardy is getting overlooked due to the fact he plays for the same team as mahrez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've two free transfers so need to use one this week, but I really amn't sure what to do with it. Team is as follows:

Ruddy, McCarthy
    Nyom, Gomez, Kolorov, Darmian, Richards
    Cabaye, Silva, Mahrez, Payet, Sanchez
    Gomis, Ighalo, Aguero

Have 1m in the bank. I'd like to get Benteke but can't without making two transfers. I think Cabaye is most likely for the chopping block but what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've two free transfers so need to use one this week, but I really amn't sure what to do with it. Team is as follows:

Ruddy, McCarthy
    Gomis, Ighalo, Aguero

Have 1m in the bank. I'd like to get Benteke but can't without making two transfers. I think Cabaye is most likely for the chopping block but what do people think?

Cabaye to Ayew? he has very good fixtures and in good form

lougal88 wrote: »

Was thinking that but I'd want to dump Gomis for that. Don't like having 2 attacking players from a mid table team.

Cabaye to Ayew could be good alright, or maybe Cabaye to Chadli as a differential ?

Eriksen should be back this week and or next and this could kick start spurs again.

I agree that Cabaye is currently looking like the weak link though.

Was thinking that but I'd want to dump Gomis for that. Don't like having 2 attacking players from a mid table team.

I never fully understand this theory. Why not have 2 from one mid table team? It depends more on form and Swansea are red hot.

They beat Utd at home and both players got high scores. Yes they wont do that every week but the potential is there. I'd have Gomis/Ayew over Gomis/Chadli, Barkley and a host of other 7-7.5 mids.

I never fully understand this theory. Why not have 2 from one mid table team? It depends more on form and Swansea are red hot.

They beat Utd at home and both players got high scores. Yes they wont do that every week but the potential is there. I'd have Gomis/Ayew over Gomis/Chadli, Barkley and a host of other 7-7.5 mids.

As a Watford fan, Swansea looked anything but red hot last weekend when we beat them last week :pac:

On a side note, I'm actually off to Newcastle-Watford this weekend too, so Nyom and Ighalo are 100% starting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ruddy, McCarthy
    Gomis, Ighalo, Aguero

I'd get rid of Cabaye or Ruddy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The biggest problem with it is, for example, I have both Payet and Sakho. Chances are West Ham won't score against City. If I wasn't transferring out Sakho this week id have to play one. Same will happen with Swansea depending on fixtures.

• Advertisement

On a side note, I'm actually off to Newcastle-Watford this weekend too, so Nyom and Ighalo are 100% starting :pac:

Interesting to see if you're eating these words next week ;)

CSF wrote: »
    The biggest problem with it is, for example, I have both Payet and Sakho. Chances are West Ham won't score against City. If I wasn't transferring out Sakho this week id have to play one. Same will happen with Swansea depending on fixtures.

They will concede eventually and I think West Ham will do it. If so, Payet and Sahko should be involved. But I take your point. I just think form over fixtures and Payet is always good for a goal. Same with Gomis/Ayew.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They will concede eventually and I think West Ham will do it. If so, Payet and Sahko should be involved. But I take your point. I just think form over fixtures and Payet is always good for a goal. Same with Gomis/Ayew.

Matter of opinion I guess. I've no strong confidence in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I've one free transfer - Pedro to Silva or Coutinho?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Begovic/McCarthy
    Kolorov/Darmian/Gomez/Martin/Ward
    Silva/Pedro/Mahrez/Payet/Westwood
    Aguero/Benteke/Gomis

1FT 0.6 ITB

Anything obvious here? Thinking of holding Pedro and maybe replacing Ward in case Gomez gets dropped (forcing me to play Martin at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I've one free transfer - Pedro to Silva or Coutinho?

If those are the only two then Silva by miles. Better options than Coutinho for less though. I'd take Shaqiri, Mane, Ayew or maybe even Chadli over him for less money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As a Watford fan, Swansea looked anything but red hot last weekend when we beat them last week :pac:

Who's the best attacking minded defender from Watford? Nyom?

I'm not sure if I want Cedric, Naughton or Reid from West Ham so thinking about bringing in Nyom for Shaw for now and then changing Huth for someone next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Who's the best attacking minded defender from Watford? Nyom?

I'm not sure if I want Cedric, Naughton or Reid from West Ham so thinking about bringing in Nyom for Shaw for now and then changing Huth for someone next week.

What's your reservation on Naughton as a matter of interest? Pretty sure that's who I'm going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Who to start this week, Depay or Payet?

Depay has done nothing to convince me that he's worth keeping longterm, but I don't want to go -4 on him this week, in saying that, he must be due something in the Premier League soon! Whereas, Payet had a great game on Mon, but is up against City who lost midweek so may be looking to bounce back. West Ham have been impressive hitting big teams on the counter so far, and Payet is the man on their set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    What's your reservation on Naughton as a matter of interest? Pretty sure that's who I'm going with.

I think I'm going to go with him too. 3 home games in the next 4 and potentially a season keeper.

Advertisement