Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender fluid?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

he can do what he wants, doesn't mean he's not a git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought this was a tech breakthrough which meant you could change gender by having a transfusion.

How cool would that be?

I'll be the girl tonight dear? Fancy some lipstick lesbian action?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

I am very confused is he not transgender then? Is he only going to dress as a female some of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

*Might be slightly tempted to chant "One of us, one of us!"*

Seriously though, fair play to Clinch, coming out isn't easy and was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Coming out in the public light must be immesurably more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

As long as he does not get a "rachel" hairstyle like yer wan in the friends sitcom because that would be really weird. Also would jean byrnes dresses fit him?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I am very confused is he not transgender then? Is he only going to dress as a female some of the time?

Sounds like they're coming out as trans, and can't see where it says "gender fluid" in the article either. Thread title seems a bit misleading, and the article unclear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Is the gender fluid female ejaculation maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

You see kids, it's things like this that make most Russians glad Putin runs the show there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Links234 wrote: »
    Sounds like they're coming out as trans, and can't see where it says "gender fluid" in the article either. Thread title seems a bit misleading, and the article unclear.

Sorry friend, here it is

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/rt-news-reporter-jonathan-clynch-identifiesas-gender-fluid-31521817.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Too lazy to click link. What are we talking about? Vageen oils ?

Links234 wrote: »

if he/she was coming out as trans then surely they would just be rachel, not jonathon rachel

it reads more like they want to be called rachel if they're wearing the dress, and jonathon otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Who the **** is he/she/it. Never heard name before. Great way to get publicity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Are they Johnathan or Rachael in the bedroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Ok, this is getting fcuking ridiculous now. I'll accept that a man may identify as a woman, and vice versa. But both sexes? Simultaneously? Give me a break.

This is a person with a mentally defective mind, and they need treatment.

Hitchens wrote: »

Ah, that seems like a much better article. Honestly, I don't get 'gender fluid' but fair play either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

According to Dr.Wikipedia, Gender fluid means:
    "moving between genders or having a fluctuating gender identity"

According to Dr.Wikipedia, Gender fluid means:

"being third-gender or other-gendered, a category which includes those who do not place a name to their gender.[4]"

my genders name is kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Hitchens

strelok wrote: »
    "being third-gender or other-gendered, a category which includes those who do not place a name to their gender.[4]"

my genders name is kevin

Wiki knows a lotta stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

strelok wrote: »
    my genders name is kevin

Is that your way of telling us that you like wearing fur lined sheepskin jackets?

• Advertisement

Are you trying to say you like wearing fur lined sheepskin jackets?

only when I identify as a vietnamese woman who herself identifies as a german man

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Semigeneric

Ok, this is getting fcuking ridiculous now. I'll accept that a man may identify as a woman, and vice versa. But both sexes? Simultaneously? Give me a break.

This is a person with a mentally defective mind, and they need treatment.

It's disgraceful that just because someone doesn't conform to the imposed social normalities set by society in an uneducated age, they are considered to be ill, or quote you, "mentally defective"
    Some would argue that you have a mentally defective mind for not being able to understand the complexities of our human being and grasp the concept or educating yourself about other people in this world.
    What you are saying is directly tied to when lgbt people were put in mental hospitals because of their sexuality, which as we all know now was wrong and disgusting.
    A suggestion from me to you would be to have more compassion and think before you post hurtful comments that can have negative impacts on anyone, especially young minds, on a social media site.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Is it ok to call Clinch/Clynch 'JR'?

His surname seems fluid as both the Irish Times and Independent have different spellings for his surname.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fair play to Jonathan Rachel. As a cis man I don't fully understand non binary myself and it must be incredibly to come out in the public eye as non binary.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It's disgraceful that just because someone doesn't conform to the imposed social normalities set by society in an uneducated age, they are considered to be ill, or quote you, "mentally defective"
    Some would argue that you have a mentally defective mind for not being able to understand the complexities of our human being and grasp the concept or educating yourself about other people in this world.
    What you are saying is directly tied to when lgbt people were put in mental hospitals because of their sexuality, which as we all know now was wrong and disgusting.
    A suggestion from me to you would be to have more compassion and think before you post hurtful comments that can have negative impacts on anyone, especially young minds, on a social media site.

So the internet should be censored in case someones feelings are hurt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

But there are a multitude of social subcultures that are open to ridicule without the PC hammer over them. Goths, emos, hipsters, D4 goys, full time mammys who have kids named Jayden and Kayden who are fathered by a supervisor at being a full time mad bastard, those people who dress as sci fi characters at conventions, rockers, culchies, townies, northsiders, and so on. All of these groups are stereotyped and often ridiculed in terms of their behavior, speech, dress, mannerisms, tastes in everything from music to their brand of beer, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I thought this was going to be about minge juice and gentlemen relish…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Suggesting to someone that they be less of a knob = the internet should be censored. What?

Not at all. I think people should realise that people are committing suicide over these issues and therefore take into other people's lives into consideration.

• Advertisement

But there are a multitude of social subcultures that are open to ridicule without the PC hammer over them. Goths, emos, hipsters, D4 goys, full time mammys who have kids named Jayden and Kayden who are fathered by a supervisor at being a full time mad bastard, those people who dress as sci fi characters at conventions, rockers, culchies, townies, northsiders, and so on. All of these groups are stereotyped and often ridiculed in terms of their behavior, speech, dress, mannerisms, tastes in everything from music to their brand of beer, and so on.

I think you have strayed from my point. Although I would say being ridiculed is far from being told you are mentally ill and therefore should be medically treated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement