Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait to see the responses to those so so tough

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

very curious to see what happens in matchup#2, wouldn't have minded that Q but now we know about the one I got tis The Ultimate Warrior vs The Celtic Warrior & The Ultimate Warrior vs Cody Rhodes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So are the odds on Paddy power yet as to who'll win this? :)

well I'm done (for now at least) I guess.

Well played SureWhyWouldntYa

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Will there be PM's sent when a participants' match is uploaded? I recall getting them before and it was a good reminder incase you missed something. The filed looks really strong this year with a couple of unknowns sprinkled in. Should be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

well I'm done (for now at least) I guess.

Well played SureWhyWouldntYa

just finished mine there

you too BH, great fun countering different points both of us made

So should I add the polls?

dunno if Beaker actually can cos he didn't originally but as a mod I can? if so is it 2 days time for voting? (think it was that previously but it's been a while since I ran it)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If you're both finished I'd say throw up the polls , Interesting answers from both of you though and great answers surprised how ever no one went for Randy Orton actually

Also in the other match great answer in Barrett he badly needs a rejig

If you're both finished I'd say throw up the polls , Interesting answers from both of you though and great answers surprised how ever no one went for Randy Orton actually

Also in the other match great answer in Barrett he badly needs a rejig

Considered Orton, he was my 3rd choice behind Cody and Wade Barrett

had a few random ideas in my head like Vince for one

poll up

• Advertisement

had a few random ideas in my head like Vince for one

poll up

stupid question but can you vote for yourself or since everyone will just vote for themselves is there any point in voting for yourself ?

I think people did before and its worth doing I guess in case there is a tie and the other person has done so

• Registered Users Posts: 85,578 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good to see this back, put me on reserve list if already full

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You just answer the question, and if your opponent answers it first need to have a different arguement than your opponent. Then when both have answered you can challenge his answer and he can challenge yours.
    I wasn't really sure if I needed to counter Mr. Nice Guy initially as I chose Brie Bella.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll try to provide counter-points in my thread tomorrow. I still have to read the entirety of the other topic's thread though I read both starting posts and thought they were fun ideas.

I really liked your idea as I was reading it, and wish that something like that would really happen! Don't be too quick replying to what I wrote anyway, ha ha. I am worn out for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Cheers for adding the poll, busy day yday so didn't get a chance myself.

I think having not studied last year's competition more closely has worked against me already.

I think having not studied last year's competition more closely has worked against me already.

A bit of line spacing aside your asnwer is perfectly fine.... Now you can attack your opponents point (and vice versa he can attack yours...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Just wondering would it be possible to defer my match? My Granddad passed away Monday morning and it's going to be a long week.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Just wondering would it be possible to defer my match? My Granddad passed away Monday morning and it's going to be a long week.

Firstly sorry about the loss mate, hope your doing ok.

I can defer your match until the end of teh fisrt round (once theres no objections, which I cant imagine there being). Ill contact you when your match is up later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sorry to hear that mrkiscool, hope you're ok

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sorry to hear about your grandpop mrk. I've no problem at all deferring the match my man, family comes first over all else obviously. You look after your parents and yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry to hear it mrk.

Just looking for clarification on my question, bj: the line where it says "to have an angle in either WWE", should there be another option or is "either" there by mistake? Probably go with WWE anyway but just want to be sure. And can we go with celebs who have appeared but not had an official match?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it mrk.

Just looking for clarification on my question, bj: the line where it says "to have an angle in either WWE", should there be another option or is "either" there by mistake? Probably go with WWE anyway but just want to be sure. And can we go with celebs who have appeared but not had an official match?

Typo, was going to include TNA but decided against it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A bit of line spacing aside your asnwer is perfectly fine.... Now you can attack your opponents point (and vice versa he can attack yours...)
    Sorry about that Joe, I tend to write all in one burst whenever I'm posting something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Read the celeb question and immediately thankful I dodged that one. Can't for the life of me think of a good celeb involvement I could book

Read the celeb question and immediately thankful I dodged that one. Can't for the life of me think of a good celeb involvement I could book

Its a tricky one alright but one with a lot of scope and with the right creativity a celeb angle can be as entertaining as any with the right booking.

Great answers in the first match with BH and SWWY, its very tight vote at the minute....

• Advertisement

I wasn't able to separate one from the other so I abstained from voting in the match so far.

Advertisement