Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AROUND THE HORN! 2015 - Discuss Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm sure Gerry would have only given my own answer 4 out of 10 at best if he read it, ha ha.

I did read it dude, i've read them all so far.

gotta check out the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Nicely debated, wish we had more than 2 responses as I think we could keep going, got plenty to say in defence of my booking on your last post! :p

Curses!

Damn you Beaker, you've foiled me! Avenged your loss from last year, and in devastating fashion.

daniel-bryan-NO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hard luck Gerry. I only got a chance to read the responses from you both there now. I thought your answer was pretty good. But then again, I'm a bit of a mark for Dave Finaly too.

I'm pretty disappointed if i'm honest.

I think maybe I put too much work into it. There was a lot of content there. I'll have to really think it through, if i'll bother entering next year

• Advertisement

I know man, it's very hard when you don't make it out of the round after writing so much stuff. Don't worry though because I found your answer very good and quite exciting if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really wasn't expecting that, I was sure it was going to be a tight affair and assumed Id be edged out by a great argument by Gerry to a point were I felt his argument was better than mine. Id love to hear voters thoughts on the match as I feel the voting result doesn't tell the story of a close debate in terms of effort and reasoning.

Great game Gerry....Our rubber match is next year yeah?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed if i'm honest.

I think maybe I put too much work into it. There was a lot of content there. I'll have to really think it through, if i'll bother entering next year

It's an odd one tbh as I'd say yours was far more interesting but by going so much more outside the box than Joe you left yourself open to making more mistakes with your proposal that Joe could critique and perhaps he benefited from keeping it more simple.

Maybe people don't want to see Sheamus in the mania main event although it was a more interesting pitch for example.

personally I kinda wish I had not made the first response vs MNG as he was very good at countering and re-phrasing what should be considered important by the reader (voter) and it's very hard if you don't get the last word and a chance to respond to that kinda thing.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I really wasn't expecting that, I was sure it was going to be a tight affair and assumed Id be edged out by a great argument by Gerry to a point were I felt his argument was better than mine. Id love to hear voters thoughts on the match as I feel the voting result doesn't tell the story of a close debate in terms of effort and reasoning.

Great game Gerry....Our rubber match is next year yeah?

Perhaps... I might have to go away and rebuild myself - come back a new warrior. Might even turn heel!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Perhaps... I might have to go away and rebuild myself - come back a new warrior. Might even turn heel!

Ill be around at the Boards PW draft if you fancy a surprise appearance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bounty Hunter
    Mr Nice Guy
    Mr Nice Guy
    Omackeral
    Omackeral
    Imnotthehulk
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    gerrybbadd
    beakerjoe
    beakerjoe
    Semi Finalist 4
    Cheese Wagstaff
    thebostoncrab

CUZ IT'S A DEADLY GAME!!!!

12 Votes so far in thebostoncrabs match with Cheese Wagstaff, get voting peeps if you havent already.

The first Semi Final between Omackeral and Mr Nice Guy will be up tomorrow and Bounty Hunter will throw the other Semi final up between me and the winner of the above Q-Final.

I must say there's been so fantastic debates so far and some utterly brilliant answers from this years competitors. Take a bow you guys!

16 votes so far in the final Quarter Final, get voting if you haven't already.

1st Semi Final is up, and voting is running smothly in the last QF.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very interesting question! Have a few names floating about. Gonna ponder it a little more before I go with my choice.

Very interesting question! Have a few names floating about. Gonna ponder it a little more before I go with my choice.

Youve been great with Celebs in the draft, Im sure you'll figure something out ;)

tis almost the opposite of the celeb round in the draft this time as in that (usually) they have to have had some involvement with the WWE to be eligible but not here

Heres how each match has faired so far.

The match with most votes so far was the match between Mr Nice Guy and Stereomaniac in the first round with 27 votes, with MNG also getting the most votes in one match by getting 22 votes in the mentioned match.

The closest match was Lord TSC and GerryBbadd from the first round, with only 2 votes in it when it closed, though MrKiscool vs Omackeral had the same margin, with fewer total votes.

First Round

MATCH 1: Bounty Hunter vs SureWhyWouldntYa

Votes = 23 : BH 15 - SYWY 8

MATCH 2: Mr Nice Guy vs Stereomaniac

Votes = 27 : MNG 22 - SM 05

MATCH 3 : Omackeral vs MrKIsCool

Votes = 12 : OM 07 - MRK 05

MATCH 4 : ImnottheHulk vs JP Liz

Votes : 17 : INTH 12 - JPL 05

MATCH 5 : Lord TSC vs GerryBBadd

Votes = 20 : LTSC 09 - GBB 11

MATCH 6 : BeakerJoe versus HashtagHeel

Votes = 16 : BJ 10 - HH 06

MATCH 7 : BrianRegan vs Cheese Wagstaff

Votes = 18 : BR 07 - CW 11

MATCH 8 : thebostoncrab versus Winnie The Poo

Votes = TBC 10 - WTP 06
    Quarter Finals

MATCH 1: Bounty Hunter vs Mr Nice Guy

Votes = 23 : BH 09 - MNG 14

MATCH 2 : Omackeral versus ImnottheHulk

Votes = 15 : OM 12 - IMTH 03

MATCH 3: beakerjoe versus GerryBBadd

Votes = 18 : BJ 13 - GBB 05

I have my celebrity diva chosen, just trying to decide between two options of who she should face.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I have my celebrity diva chosen, just trying to decide between two options of who she should face.

keep mind the celeb must not have been involved previously with WWE in any way

beakerjoe wrote: »
    keep mind the celeb must not have been involved previously with WWE in any way

I got that pal, thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Great question well matched by two great answers looking forward to this!

The standard of this competition has been great. Thanks to everyone that has entered for some great reads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Immediately thought serena Williams myself! Ten I thought Ellen Degreneress, she could come in with the rock, manage him for a match against trips with Steph. She has such a huge reach and by connecting with an a lister like the rock would entice a lot more of her fans to watch the product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thought I had lost that after your last rebuttal if I'm being completely honest! Nicely debated, really enjoyed that one :)

Congrats TBC on making it through to the Semi Final in an extremely well debated encounter with Cheese Wagstaff, ending 16 votes to 9 in favor of TBC.

Both had completely different ideas and both poked many holes in eachothers answers. Great game guys.

Bounty Hunter shall be throwing up the next match for The Crab Man as his opponent is myself. I look forward to a good question and a hard battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would have picked actress Taraji P. Henson (Empire and Person of Interest) as female celebrity for WM maybe pairing her with PTP

Bounty Hunter
    Mr Nice Guy
    Mr Nice Guy
    Omackeral
    Omackeral
    Imnotthehulk
    Finalist 1
    Finalist 2
    gerrybbadd
    beakerjoe
    beakerjoe
    thebostoncrab
    Cheese Wagstaff
    thebostoncrab

I'll throw the next Semi up most likely in a few hours, so it'l be there tonight if your free/ eager to get the first reply in

• Advertisement

Scratch that (got a bit of unexpected time right after posting the above) it's up.

Advertisement