Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just got my tickets delivered.

Got two envelopes with the exact same two tickets inside, strange.

I got 3 envelopes... so a real set and two identical copies of each. Gonna be chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

omega666 wrote: »
    Surely the tickets will only scan once so it dosent matter how many replicas you get. Only the first ticket scanned will get in.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Well in that case there will be chaos at the turnstiles... I'm sure some idiots will be selling on their real second or third tickets.

How do you turn someone away with a real ticket?

It might be a very difficult day for the staff at Croker on Saturday!!

I wonder if the above replicas were just isolated incidents. Any one else getting replicas? Someone will hopefully put up a pic of the multiple replicas or buzz the GAA office to inform them.

Can you imaging a tout who purchased a bunch of tickets only to get double the amount in the post :eek:

People will need to be very weary if swapping tickets with people they don't know. It would be advisable to swap at the turnstiles just in case.

New to this forum, if allowed, I will post up a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

Well in that case there will be chaos at the turnstiles... I'm sure some idiots will be selling on their real second or third tickets.

How do you turn someone away with a real ticket?

It's quite easy to turn someone away if the ticket they are trying to use has already been used by someone else 5 mins before that. Buyers beware for anyone thinking of buying a second hand ticket i guess.

Does anyone even know if this is the same with everyones tickets or just a once off? I havent checked my envelope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

My mates had the same issue ordered 4 received 8 all with the exact same ticket location and seat number

• Advertisement

omega666 wrote: »
    It's quite easy to turn someone away if the ticket they are trying to use has already been used by someone else 5 mins before that. Buyers beware for anyone thinking of buying a second hand ticket i guess.

Does anyone even know if this is the same with everyones tickets or just a once off? I havent checked my envelope yet.

Buyer beware is fair enough in real vs fakes.
    This is just a major F up.

Obviously limited to online tickets but I'd like to know just how sophisticated the barcode system is before heading into the Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Anyone want to swap a football ticket for a hurling ticket?

Was just onto GAA HQ and they are aware of the problem with tickets.ie and the oversupply (duplication) of the same tickets.

They reassured me that there's no chance the same ticket (or a real duplicate) can get in twice.
    Be very aware of any swaps or buying off someone you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus thats a disaster.

You just know some lads are going to take advantage of that in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

There are going to be some very serious issues on Saturday.

I've just received my four tickets for the Hill, they came with 8 replicas... same ticket numbers etc. There will be uproar and worse case... a serious overcrowding incident.

Please tell me this isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If this is happening, are they selling the same tickets to two or more different people? if that is the case there will be absolute chaos

But then they run the risk of not getting in an besides if they do do that they can get pulled from their seats. Should be really only a problem for Hill tickets.

Also names will be on them of the purchaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Have you not heard of the "Season Ticket"? It was first introduced in 2009. Dublin and Mayo are the only 2 counties to have completely sold out (around 5000 each, though difficult to confirm numbers)

Yes but the season tickets works for fans, How does a GAA fan who goes to all games, get looked after? He's not going to go buying season tickets for every county to ensure he gets a ticket now is he?

Please tell me this isn't true.

100% I'm afraid. A quick call to GAA HQ reception will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

But then they run the risk of not getting in an besides if they do do that they can get pulled from their seats. Should be really only a problem for Hill tickets.

Also names will be on them of the purchaser.

If its a tout they don't give a ****e about getting in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

What a joke. Someone is definitely gonna be left out of pocket after this. The touts are laughing.

If this is happening, are they selling the same tickets to two or more different people? if that is the case there will be absolute chaos

I don't think that's the case at all.
    The tickets I got were the ones I ordered (same ref number etc). The only issue is that I got them on the triple.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I was also sent duplicates of the tickets I bought. They have the same barcode number etc. There is going to be absolute chaos when the touts try sell on the duplicates and people get turned away at the turnstiles. What an absolute shambles!

Was just onto GAA HQ and they are aware of the problem with tickets.ie and the oversupply (duplication) of the same tickets.

They reassured me that there's no chance the same ticket (or a real duplicate) can get in twice.
    Be very aware of any swaps or buying off someone you don't know.

what a mess, the GAA can reassured you all they like, but there are going to be folk out there handy tickets to their mates thinking they are extra tickets, especially for the hill, however they are going to manage a few thousand extra folk making their way down clonliff road, and then refusing them entry could be chaotic. What are the Gardai going to do if i show them a ticket for the hill that's real - one or two people, they may be like na, but 2/3 thousand - especially at match at 5, could lead to trouble.

I haven't been in the hill lately - but what's the difference between two different tickets, (like for seating it be same number and row).

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yes but the season tickets works for fans, How does a GAA fan who goes to all games, get looked after? He's not going to go buying season tickets for every county to ensure he gets a ticket now is he?

But GAA fans know how to sort it themselves? I don't see how you can keep getting het up about this mythical "GAA fan". Same as the oul lad up the mountain who can't get Sky.

Who cares?

I'm a Dublin ST holder. And I tend to head to any games in Croker involving Ulster teams plus both SF every year no matter what and the QFs. Not to mention travelling to other games around the country (Usually Donegal, Fermanagh and Tyrone) time allowing.

So-called GAA fans know how to sort themselves out. There is always this bleeding heart element every year and it is as annoying as the "Mayo4Sam" campaign.

what a mess, the GAA can reassured you all they like, but there are going to be folk out there handy tickets to their mates thinking they are extra tickets, especially for the hill, however they are going to manage a few thousand extra folk making their way down clonliff road, and then refusing them entry could be chaotic.

I haven't been in the hill lately - but what's the difference between two different tickets, (like for seating it be same number and row).

There is no difference for any tiket for the Hill (or Nally) It's a terrace. Why would you think that there would be?

There are numbers on them for logistics but there's no designated spot.

• Advertisement

There is no difference for any tiket for the Hill (or Nally) It's a terrace. Why would you think that there would be?

There are numbers on them for logistics but there's no designated spot.

Yea but what i mean is, if you handed me 4 tickets for the hill and they all have the same number, i would know they are duplicates, whereas if they didn't have a number i would assume they are all real.

so if a tout has 5 tickets all with the same number, he has to either sell them individually or to someone that doesn't know what the number of them is about.

But GAA fans know how to sort it themselves? I don't see how you can keep getting het up about this mythical "GAA fan". Same as the oul lad up the mountain who can't get Sky.

Who cares?

I'm a Dublin ST holder. And I tend to head to any games in Croker involving Ulster teams plus both SF every year no matter what and the QFs. Not to mention travelling to other games around the country (Usually Donegal, Fermanagh and Tyrone) time allowing.

So-called GAA fans know how to sort themselves out. There is always this bleeding heart element every year and it is as annoying as the "Mayo4Sam" campaign.
    Well clearly some don't as there were posters on here yesterday who do exactly what you say and said they can't get tickets for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

What a joke. Someone is definitely gonna be left out of pocket after this. The touts are laughing.

The touts are the ones that might be left out of pocket. When word gets out about the duplicates then people won't buy from the touts as there's a good chance (2 in 3) that the ticket won't work.

Yea but what i mean is, if you handed me 4 tickets for the hill and they all have the same number, i would know they are duplicates, whereas if they didn't have a number i would assume they are all real.

so if a tout has 5 tickets all with the same number, he has to either sell them individually or to someone that doesn't know what the number of them is about.

What?

If the tout has a load of tickets to sell I'm sure he'll work out a way of selling them.

Caveat Emptor applies here. The numbers will have no bearing on whether someone will buy a ticket for Saturday or not.

Well clearly some don't as there were posters on here yesterday who do exactly what you say and said they can't get tickets for the match.

I would be wary of the bleeding heart stories that you see in here. Happens before all games like this.

All the regulars will be sorted (except Slattsy as he'll be hungover). Pay no heed and stop worrying about them.

This could have been handled better. But NO-ONE who would be a regular attendee or a "fan" will be left out. And if they are they know the breaks of these sorts of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

also got a set of duplicates here

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

They should re print and redistribute them at the game

what a mess, the GAA can reassured you all they like, but there are going to be folk out there handy tickets to their mates thinking they are extra tickets, especially for the hill, however they are going to manage a few thousand extra folk making their way down clonliff road, and then refusing them entry could be chaotic. What are the Gardai going to do if i show them a ticket for the hill that's real - one or two people, they may be like na, but 2/3 thousand - especially at match at 5, could lead to trouble.

I rang for reassurance that duplicates won't be allowed past the turnstile because I wouldn't go near the Hill if I thought an extra few thousands could get through the turnstiles. That could cause a major incident.

There will be chaos outside for sure, but better have it outside than on a terrace.
    Better not have it at all obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

The only people this will effect will be someone who buys or gets a ticket second hand. I hope the GAA make a public anouncement to warn people before Sat as no doubt there will be quite a few people caught out.

• Advertisement

otterj wrote: »
    They should re print and redistribute them at the game

Oh dear god!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement