Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

omega666 wrote: »
    The only people this will effect will be someone who buys or gets a ticket second hand. I hope the GAA make a public anouncement to warn people before Sat as no doubt there will be quite a few people caught out.

They have known about it since this morning, I would have expected something official by now. A tout is not going to wait around to offload them on Sat when they see what has happened.
    The first batch of online tickets were delivered today so people really need to know now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tickets.ie/GAA really need to issue a press release about the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

People need to start calming down about the situation.

People need to start calming down about the situation.

In what sense?

I'm calm, I could have sold 12 tickets today to people and only 4 of them would get in.
    They've known about the issue for hours now, a email/tweet/news soundbite should have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

PARlance wrote: »
    In what sense?

I'm calm, I could have sold 12 tickets today to people and only 4 of them would get in.
    They've known about the issue for hours now, a email/tweet/news soundbite should have been released.

tickets.ie have just sent an e-mail to all those who ordered tickets.

They say a small number of people have received a second copy. People are asked to destroy one copy and use the other ticket.
    I'm sure touts will duly oblige ðŸ˜

GAA now need to put something up on their own website warning people about the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Well, that solves that. I was going to try to get a ticket down in Drumcondra on the day but will be staying well away from that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I got a double copy this morning as well. Same tickets, same seats, same order number.

Got an email 15 mins ago sayiing to destroy one set. It doesn't matter which set so both sets of tickets will work. I can see this causing problems on Saturday.

If you're chancing buying tickets from an unconfirmed source ye want to be in the ground early:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

wonder will this discourage people from actually buying from touts, just imagine paying 100 euro for a 30 euro ticket and then been turned away, why would anyone take that chance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This seems like a major issue, word definitely needs to be spread by all and sundry that extreme caution should be exercised if buying a ticket around the ground, particularly after the gates have opened.

cocoman wrote: »
    tickets.ie have just sent an e-mail to all those who ordered tickets.

They say a small number of people have received a second copy. People are asked to destroy one copy and use the other ticket.
    I'm sure touts will duly oblige ðŸ˜

GAA now need to put something up on their own website warning people about the situation.

Spotted that. GAA to follow soon surely. No point just telling those who got them.

I wonder how many is "a small number"... And I got 3 sets in mine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

How are they going to marshall that!!! thats mental stuff. What ass printed out 3 sets of tickts and put them into an envelope!!!
    Wow is all I can say.

yop wrote: »
    How are they going to marshall that!!! thats mental stuff. What ass printed out 3 sets of tickts and put them into an envelope!!!
    Wow is all I can say.

Having ordered 4 tickets, I was worried when the postman handed me only 3 envelopes.
    Was gonna ask him was he going to the game :)

4 Tickets in each envelope though. From worried to confused very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Well, that solves that. I was going to try to get a ticket down in Drumcondra on the day but will be staying well away from that now.
    its only a problem with tickets.ie tickets on very obviously tickets.ie ticket paper.

the other 72,000 tickets on GAA ticket paper are unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭bren2001

Wow is all I can say.

Not every ticket in Croke Park has a duplicate floating about. It effects a small percentage of tickets, for example I order from tickets.ie but only received one set of tickets. Whoever turns up to the stadium second will just not be allowed in, it won't be too hard to marshall.

I'm also going to go out on a limb. They have a machine to print and package the tickets.... It was a software error, not human. Just a limb I'm going out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Having ordered 4 tickets, I was worried when the postman handed me only 3 envelopes.
    Was gonna ask him was he going to the game :)

4 Tickets in each envelope though. From worried to confused very quickly.
    How many tickets have you been charged for? Did they duplicate that too?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Conspiracy hat on:

Maybe this is all a plot to mess with the Touts! Who's going to risk buying tickets from anyone they're unsure of now, with the news of these duplicates going around. All those lads that bought dozens of tickets on Monday will have to work hard convincing people to buy a ticket, let alone pay over the odds.

Those crafty GAA maniacs!

Conspiracy hat off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Patser wrote: »
    Conspiracy hat on:

Maybe this is all a plot to mess with the Touts! Who's going to risk buying tickets from anyone they're unsure of now, with the news of these duplicates going around. All those lads that bought dozens of tickets on Monday will have to work hard convincing people to buy a ticket, let alone pay over the odds.

Those crafty GAA maniacs!

Conspiracy hat off.

It's not a ridiculous thought, given the sheer naivety and thoughtlessness of the GAA. It wouldn't surprise me if they had planned this and thought it was a good way to deal with touts.

They may have outdone themselves this time.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's not a ridiculous thought, given the sheer naivety and thoughtlessness of the GAA. It wouldn't surprise me if they had planned this and thought it was a good way to deal with touts.

Haa haa, that would be stuff of legends! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

martyos121 wrote: »

Can anyone else picture an alarm going off in GAA headquarters yesterday after the criticism began, and then a message flashing up on big screens around the office;

ATTENTION TICKET STAFF:

TO PLAN B PLEASE, PLAN B!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haa haa, that would be stuff of legends! :D

It would indeed.

2mC2ebS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

Likewise. GAA are worse than useless.
    Someone said about the ould lad up the mountain not wanting to get sky.
    Why should he? These are our games. GAA are running a professional corporation and the players aren't paid and the punters are treated totally unfairly.

Paulzx wrote: »
    I got a double copy this morning as well. Same tickets, same seats, same order number.

Got an email 15 mins ago sayiing to destroy one set. It doesn't matter which set so both sets of tickets will work. I can see this causing problems on Saturday.

If you're chancing buying tickets from an unconfirmed source ye want to be in the ground early:eek:

But could you still be asked to leave if yours is a dud. Or is the persons name on it? Keystone Cops are nothing on this

Paulzx wrote: »

But could you still be asked to leave if yours is a dud. Or is the persons name on it? Keystone Cops are nothing on this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In what sense?

Ah here.

You expect the GAA to jump right on top of a problem & address it directly, in an effective and sensible manner? Seriously like?

Pretending that things aren't a problem, sticking your head in the sand and ignoring it, until Joe Brolly/Joe Duffy/Bozo The Clown has a meltdown about it in on the national airwaves, are how we do things in this country.

Ya dig? :rolleyes:

Likewise. GAA are worse than useless.
    Someone said about the ould lad up the mountain not wanting to get sky.
    Why should he? These are our games. GAA are running a professional corporation and the players aren't paid and the punters are treated totally unfairly.

Why should he?

He should probably get his arse to games then or listen on the radio like he always had done. Sky have added and not taken from the amount of games available to us.

We have such a propensity to whinge in this country about EVERY inconsequential matter. These are tickets to a sporting occasion. That's all it is. Not life or death.

The same clowns will vote for the gobdaw who gives a pothole and the n complain about things not working elsewhere in the State.

---

The worst part about this whole thing is how in a fortnight we will have to listen to the whining about All-Ireland tickets.

Heaven help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Barlett

All Mayo clubs are getting their full allocation of tickets unlike last week.

Barlett wrote: »
    All Mayo clubs are getting their full allocation of tickets unlike last week.

So the real fans will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I don't think that's the case at all.
    The tickets I got were the ones I ordered (same ref number etc). The only issue is that I got them on the triple.

Yes, but if you were a tout.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Would this "unprecedented demand" for the online services be caused by the fact they were allocating 2 or 3 tickets for every 1 ticket that was being bought online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Would this "unprecedented demand" for the online services be caused by the fact they were allocating 2 or 3 tickets for every 1 ticket that was being bought online?

Doubt it. Heard that at one point (Sunday night I think) there was 78,000 people on tickets.ie trying to buy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement